The Official Vancouver Thread: GNR Returns to the Greatest Province in Canada

ITW 2012

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vile city?? Is that so? Where are YOU from?? I was front row stage left and have some great vids I will upload tomorrow, got the girl during rocketqueen and the fan getting tossed.. And oh yah, estranged from row 1! Mind lowing night, axl in great spirits and vocals off the charts for a three Hour set... I couldn't have Asked for more !

A terrible review here, nice to see the comments as they are very positive and ripping the review to pieces. This has to be one of the most bitter reviews I've ever read:

Shitty review

Here is a better review:

Review

And here is one more, nothing special but not bad either:

Review

Edited by mustaine

A terrible review here, nice to see the comments as they are very positive and ripping the review to pieces. This has to be one of the most bitter reviews I've ever read:

Shitty review

"Axl Rose and some other guys no one cares about"

/\ wtf ???

I had to comment "Which of the trainees wrote that?" :rolleyes:

Edited by rendestroi95

Just got home. The show was a blast. The sound wasn't the best where we were on the left side of the floor, but the Coliseum isn't really all that good for sound quality in general. Axl kicking the guy out of the show was awesome. What really stood out to me last night was the positive atmosphere at the show. Random strangers were passing us joints, nobody was getting hassled for smoking weed or smokes, and people throughout the arena were up and rocking out well past 1 am. Lots of people walking out after the show were saying "best show ever," and there was just a lot of love for the band.

Edited by ITW 2012

Shitty review

Here is a better review:

Review

Review

The first review site has dissed pretty much every show I've ever seen in Vancouver. The people at the show had a great time.

Any videos of Civil War w/Duff??

uploading to youtube as we speak......not the best though.......side stage row 11......can't really see the duff

Looking forward to the video! I don't really care if we see Duff or not, what I'm more excited for is to (hopefully) hear is backing vocals during the "Peace could last forever" part.

Shitty review

Here is a better review:

Review

Review

The first review site has dissed pretty much every show I've ever seen in Vancouver. The people at the show had a great time.

That one bad review got ripped in the comments. That was funny.

Ali

Seattle was a better show

Interesting. I was wondering about that. I thought Axl's voice sounded a bit tired last night. It wasn't bad or anything, but it wasn't close to what it was in Montreal last year.

Yea, he did sound a bit tired... He had a few days before Seattle and was really giving it, and it showed in Van I think...

Seattle was a better show

Interesting. I was wondering about that. I thought Axl's voice sounded a bit tired last night. It wasn't bad or anything, but it wasn't close to what it was in Montreal last year.

Yea, he did sound a bit tired... He had a few days before Seattle and was really giving it, and it showed in Van I think...

That's what I figured. Back to back 3 hour shows is bound to tire the voice out. What did you think of the sound quality last night?

Sound wasn't terrible, but again, I thought it was better in Seattle - but my hearing is pretty fucked after 2 shows in a row, front row center, so maybe I'm not the one to ask :P

Here's some pictures:

http://s935.photobucket.com/albums/ad199/gnr11610/GNR%20Vancouver/

Sample:

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

posted a ton of pictures from the Seattle show, too.

Edited by RickRoses

the show was fucking great.....but long!!!! i am just not that used to staying up THAT late without booze........jesus christ........the drink line up was un-real. i just said fuckit.

i was a staunch defender of the classic line up. i had nothing against the new guys and i did think of them as guns n' roses but just a generic faceless form of the lineup. i was a plus fucking wrong about that. the new guys just fucking slay it. they are bad ass and they are fucked up. they beat the everliving shit out of their instruments. they know what they are doing and they love it. what a job they have! tommy and richard are my favorite. bumble too.......what a fucking mad man!

it was obviously an added treat to see duff at the gig. although he has failed to win me over to anything musical he has done since his gnr days i did find myself bobbing my head a little bit at loaded's little mini anthems. the covers were great. i missed dust and bones because i was in the fucking drink lineup. did he play attitude? what was the steve jones song he played? i dug it when he name dropped D.O.A. randy rampage original bassist from the band was a couple rows beside be and i imagine he was grinning away.

duff was stage left most of the night during the guns watching the show and hanging out with mcbob. it was pretty surreal watching him watch the band play sweet child of mine and other hits of his rock n' roll past.

axl sounded like a million dollars. what a fucking dude!!! i fucking LOVED it when he gave that guy shit for fighting and threw him out!!!! right on axl! and when he gave us shit for rioting when he didn't show up that time. calling us crazy motherfuckers!!!! he was grinning ear to ear!!! what a fucking badass!!!!

musical highlights for me were shacklers, madagascar, civil war, the appetite stuff.....basically all the gnr stuff. i seriously didn't need to hear any of the ac/dc covers or the solo covers or any of that shit......nope....another brick in the wall pt.1????? at least it wasn't pt 2!!!! that who cover that dizzy did sucked. the man has been playing piano for decades!!!! play one of your own songs for christs sake!!!! tommy did!

i won the aftershow party passes from rockstar magazine so i got to go back stage after.......it was awkward......but kinda neat i guess. jarmo took us back. i saw fernando.....bumble showed up for a bit. i sure feel bad for him. he said he was pretty drunk. i didn't bother talking to him about his back or any of the webcasts or anything like that. i also met frank, richard and chris. they were as far as i could tell, not in the mood for a meet and greet. neither was bumble. they were really nice though. they all signed my chinese democracy vinyl. i tried to get fernando to bring the record to axl to sign but he was too busy. he is a busy busy guy....it has got to be alot of work working for those guys.

anyways it was a great fucking show and i cannot wait to go to another one!!

Civil War (w/ Duff):

ha! my video!