Deleting Posts and Moving Threads

axlsalinger

I reckon this is a topic worthy of discussion.

Listen, I understand why certain threads are moved to a different section, even though I don't always agree with it. But it is my opinion that this happens way too often around here. Most people only visit the main board news section; this should be something that is respected and understood by the moderating team.

However, the far more egregious issue is when posts are deleted. Lots of them within the last few minutes, for example. I understand that there is going to be the occasional post that crosses the line, and needs to be removed. But when moderators decide to remove many, many posts, it is almost always either a poorly thought-out decision or some kind of power trip in my experience. For example, the ones that were just deleted - none of them were worthy of this having been done.

Otherwise we just have another HTGTH on our hands.

Just one person's opinion, but deleting of posts and threads should only happen in extreme cases. This should not be a daily occurrence. Moving of threads to other sections is more of a gray area, but again, all I am suggesting is to err on the side of caution. When in doubt, don't do it, as opposed to when in doubt, do it.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=182760&view=findpost&p=2975015

I did not myself delte anything today, just got home... Having said that....

The mods are not going to sit by and let a very limited group go on with thier pathetic childish shit here.

A few members have been banned today and in doing so got some posts removed. This is a choice they made and can live with.

Some of you may not realize that the same handful of children keep signing up here in order to bash the band, or it's users.

This thread makes it seem like you cannot speak here, that is not true at all. I for one would rather discussions be here between users than to ban someone, however some folk's sign up on purpose to get banned and then run and tell the others that we banned them. The cycle goes on and on, same children over and over.

Every site has rules, you agreed to these ones when you signed up, if you can't post within them perhaps this site is not for you :shrugs:

Edited by gunsguy

Too heavily moderated?? :lol:

This place has become a trollfest,moreso than in past years (the exact opposite to what some people predicted btw).

"Thread cleansing" is nothing new,there's a history of it here...back to before any of us were on the mod team.

The thread about Slash's comment about the RRHOF got bloody ridiculous,rude and basically was just a monkey-shit slingfest.

And as always...someone gets uptight about it and has to start one of these threads.

Yeah it's all about our power trip blah blah... :rolleyes:

As for the posts stating (earlier today) that only Slash bashing posters are being dealt with..not so,in fact,one of the biggest anti nuGnr cupcakes who has been causing shit here for YEARS was finally dealt with today.

And now there will be the shit from THAT to deal with. :thumbsup:

It's a no win situation,if your posts got caught up in a shit-flinging contest that basically had nothing to do with the topic... :shrugs:

In case anyone hasn't noticed,new members quickly realize that this place is basically a trollfest,and they comment about it.

This place actually has a bit of a rep for it now.

Should this place be recovered from the cupcakes or should we sit back and continue to let a select group of fuckheads make this a miserable place to hang out?

One dickhead makes a post intended to wind up the other side...and then it's 10 fucking pages of making fun of musician's merchandise...or some other stupid shit.

Sorry to say but...Madison would have kicked a LOT of your asses to the curb ages ago...so I wouldn't be ragging on this current mod team too much. :kiss:

On the topic of too many posts being deleted, I don't think some people realize that any post that quotes or references a post marked for deletion is also deleted. Just thought that should be brought to everyone's attention.

So true...if a particularly bad post needs to be removed,in order to do so,all posts that commented on it,or referenced it have to be removed as part of the cleansing to get rid of the offending post.It happens.In those situations,sometimes posts that people feel were innocent enough get removed as part of the process.Unfortunately because we DO have so much trolling going on,it becomes a problem,one that can't be avoided.

Something to think about starting yet another "you removed my post" thread.

Threads get moved when they NEED to get moved.

Would you like an example?

linky

Is that one of the offending actions of the mod team today that you are refeering to?

Furthermore,the thread that got deleted was the starting of another mudslinging fest that was ALREADY going on in another thread.It was nothing new and it's the INTENT of a thread that mods also have to consider.It was NOT a new topic covering new ground...it was fanning the flames of a fire already burning.It was useless and trollworthy...so..gone.

And the "Slash comments about the RRHOF" got SO ridiculous it was just basically insults being hurled about Slash and DJ.

It was offensive at times,it was WAY off topic,it was full of personal insults being hurled at other members,and it just reached the point that so many rules were being broke that,out of RESPECT for BOTH musicians it was cleaned up.

Someone always comes out of it with their nose out of joint in these situations...and alas...here we are again. :shrugs:

It was one of them, and there were at least 10 posts or more that were deleted. Not many of them were particularly inflammatory.

No they weren't particularly inflammatory,but they no longer made sense once that the thread was in its proper location.

So the "why is this in this section" posts were removed.

As were the posts that were starting to get infammatory towards Slash and/or VR.

The thread was cleaned of off topic crap basically,and left fresh to comment on by those who might actually want to.

What you have to understand is...that thread was only going to get worse simply by being in the GnR Discussion section.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, title speaks for itself. Enough of this bullshit. I've had numerous posts deleted, for no good reason. I don't think you're in any position to deem what I say being inappropriate for this message board. A few of you mods, not sure who it is, are a little too trigger happy. Come on, this is an open forum. We don't need shit like that.

For the record, anytime a post references/quotes a post that is deleted for proper reasons, that post is also deleted. The last few of yours I've deleted fall into that category. As for whole topics, I have no clue what you're referring to, anything in particular?

It was about a month ago or so, Axlslinger might remember, he was posting in it as well...but the entire went poof.

Why are you deleting so many posts? Is it really necessary? I just can't understand why. People with opposing view should be expected on an open forum like this. I REALLY don't think it's necessary to be doing that. What good does it do? What's the purpose?

Funny when I check the history of deleted threads, I only see a few and they were all created by cupcakes.

As for you Brownstone, I don't see any of your posts that were deleted in the past month. The only ones that were deleted from you were

posts were you quote cupcakes.

CENSORSHIP!

The only ones that were deleted from you were

posts where you quote cupcakes.

Indeed

...enough of this guy's whiney ass Support rants already.

Look...this section is really meant for TECHNICAL support...people who are having tech problems or have tech questions.

It is NOT intended for crybabies who don't like rules to whine about mod actions.

Expect it to be enforced from now on.