What are you listening to right now?

Zint

Guest Len B'stard

John Lennon - Love. :)

Y'know what i LOVE about John Lennon? No fuckin' about, plainest words, gets right to your fuckin' heart with what he's trying to say, fuckin love that lad. As the man said "say what you mean, mean what you say, put a beat to it", it's as complicated and as simple as that.

On topic:

Straight, No Chaser - Theolonious Monk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know what i LOVE about John Lennon? No fuckin' about, plainest words, gets right to your fuckin' heart with what he's trying to say, fuckin love that lad. As the man said "say what you mean, mean what you say, put a beat to it", it's as complicated and as simple as that.

That's why he's so revered really. It's always the ones that stick to utter simplicity and do it so supremely well that become the geniuses. I suspect he wrote an awful lot of stuff too, probably oodles of songs that were never heard in public. Those kinds of writers just have the stuff pouring out of them. Because of that they never had to have shitty filler songs on their albums. You can always tell the artists that kind of struggle to get stuff out or for whom it doesn't come naturally because there's always some crappy songs in there to fill out space.

I love simplicity really. It works best with everything in life, from clothes and furniture, to music and food, and even to relationships, work and money. The simpler you can keep everything, the happier you'll be. Anyway, that's enough philosophising (I don't even think that's a word :lol:) for today.

On topic: Icehouse - Great Southern Land (the only song that can make me proud to be an Australian)

This. Although I was on the ol Sgt Peppers today and Within You, Without You hit me like a ton of fuckin' bricks for the first time since I was 16. I was possessed with that tune back then.

On topic:

Revolution is My Name - Pantera

I Put a Spell on You - CCR (their best tune IMO)

That's why he's so revered really. It's always the ones that stick to utter simplicity and do it so supremely well that become the geniuses. I suspect he wrote an awful lot of stuff too, probably oodles of songs that were never heard in public. Those kinds of writers just have the stuff pouring out of them. Because of that they never had to have shitty filler songs on their albums. You can always tell the artists that kind of struggle to get stuff out or for whom it doesn't come naturally because there's always some crappy songs in there to fill out space.

I love simplicity really. It works best with everything in life, from clothes and furniture, to music and food, and even to relationships, work and money. The simpler you can keep everything, the happier you'll be. Anyway, that's enough philosophising (I don't even think that's a word :lol:) for today.

On topic: Icehouse - Great Southern Land (the only song that can make me proud to be an Australian)

I Don't Like It by Pauline Pantsdown didn't do the trick for you?

3 in the morning and I'm listening (and singing along with my best friend) this song:

Luis Fonsi - Yo no me doy por vencido

Me quedo callado ...soy como un niño dormido, que puede despertarse con apenas sólo un ruido...Cuando menos te lo esperas, cuando menos lo imagino... Sé que un día no me aguanto y voy y te miro...

YO, YO NO ME DOY POR VENCIDO... YO QUIERO UN MUNDO CONTIGO... JURO QUE VALE LA PENA ESPERAR Y ESPERAR Y ESPERAR UN SUSPIRO... UNA SEÑAL DEL DESTINO...NO ME CANSO, NO ME RINDO, NO ME DOY POR VENCIDO!!!!!!!!

:D