Axl Stage Dives

vail2004

Metallica Guns N' Roses, & Skid Row performing for Rip magazine - 1990 - PART 2 -

Around 11:00 mark Axl randomly appears and stage-dives. Funny how every time he has done so the crowd seems to want to rip him to shreads and he nearly always ends up loosing his shirt.

XD

Edited by KiraMPD

does anyone have a link to early Axl stage dives other the Paradise City Ritz '88 show? There is a still often used of a Tacoma show dive but I have never seen video of it

Rocket Queen - St.Louis 1991 is a good one

Los Angeles - 1989

Stage dive? Kinda

Edited by droezle

I'd put St. Louis in the "fight/incident" category :). Had never seen the RIP Mag video. remember reading about it. that's a great find. Thanks.

(funny how Pearl Jam fans constantly talk about Vedder's dives ...and he obviously took it to another level with some of the high ones where he climbed to rafters...but Axl was doing it first. and into MUCH more aggressive crowds than PJ)

Sorry I don't, but there's a video on TWC on Demand under Classics of It's so easy and it was performed live at the Cat House in LA. You can see the banner in the back and Axl stage dives there too. It was such an early performance of GNR because Axl has his hair teased up like in WTTJ video.

Anyway, God, they were so young and the video also shows pictures of them back in the day.

If you have TWC check out under the Rock section and click on Classics and It's so easy is there. It's so worth it to see GNR when they first came on the scene in LA and then later taking on the world.

Eddie Vedder was pretty fucking crazy back in the day lol if you see him during the song Porch from Pinkpop 92 he dives from a huge height into the crowd. He also started climbing rafters and doing crazy shit in the early days like in Drop In The Park '92. Props to him for not getting killed!

Edited by WhazUp

I'd put St. Louis in the "fight/incident" category :). Had never seen the RIP Mag video. remember reading about it. that's a great find. Thanks.

(funny how Pearl Jam fans constantly talk about Vedder's dives ...and he obviously took it to another level with some of the high ones where he climbed to rafters...but Axl was doing it first. and into MUCH more aggressive crowds than PJ)

Bono did it before Axl and gave it up around 84. I know in Tijuana, there was a 2 story club that a lot of people used to dive into the crowds, and Pearl Jam & Nirvana played there.

I don't think Axl did this. Take into account Vedder is 5 foot 5 and 100 pounds wet.

GNR had Donnington, Pearl Jam had Roskilde. Comparing the aggression of the audience by body bags is pretty fucked up.

Would you count the St. Louis camera debacle as a "stagedive"? Cause that was pretty awesome :P

You shoulda been there,the combination of the Saddle Tramp Bikers being rowdy and disruptive to the point of "Stump" in the front garnering attention to hand up a fucking business card, the atmosphere was already tense Security was slacking off,the Camera was the ignition that sparked the smoldering fire.

My first full-scale Riot :lol: