2009 Tour planned with orchestra?

Amir

Was just listening to additional instruments/orchestra track of Madagascar, when I remembered reading around mid-2009 an interview with a member of some orchestra that he would be playing on the upcoming GN'R tour (think there was a mention of "This I Love"). Anyone remember the link?

This would've been pretty cool for songs like TIL and Madagascar, but I guess they decided against it because of bad memories of the bloated UYI tour in '92 before they stripped down to the Skin N' Bones tour.

Was just listening to additional instruments/orchestra track of Madagascar, when I remembered reading around mid-2009 an interview with a member of some orchestra that he would be playing on the upcoming GN'R tour (think there was a mention of "This I Love"). Anyone remember the link?

I don't have the link, but I guess you're referring to an interview with Patti Hood (the harpist on TIL) where she says something like "if they call me to play on stage I'd go, it would be cool etc etc". As far as I know there were no plans for orchestra or anything.

I don't have the link, but I guess you're referring to an interview with Patti Hood (the harpist on TIL) where she says something like "if they call me to play on stage I'd go, it would be cool etc etc". As far as I know there were no plans for orchestra or anything.

It wasn't Patti Hood, I'm pretty sure it was just a dude who was part of some small touring orchestra. This was around mid-2009, before we even knew when there was gonna be a tour. He sounded like they'd done rehearsals or something. In the end I'm glad it didn't happen, but it would be cool for a one-off performance like the MTV November Rain performance with Elton John or that Aerosmith orchestra deal in Russia.