WTTJ, Slash only

DrBrownstone

This has probably been discussed before, but I just came across it this week...it's made it a hell of a lot easier to learn how to play it exactly how Slash does.

I never realized he played the verses like that, but when I listen to the song now, I can hear it...so awesome.

And, obviously, the solo is heard perfectly too. This gave me a whole new appreciation for this song, that I've known and loved for the past 15 years.

Edited by DrBrownstone

Izzy was the secret ingredient behind AFD's success. I mean yeah the riffs SCOM, Rocket Queen, Its so Easy and i think Nightrain were Slash's ideas and he worked with Izzy for Brownstone, but Izzy was like the secret weapon. Most listeners to this day think 100% of the music was Slash, but he only came up with a chunk of it but not the majority. I read that Slash was not comfortable with having another guitarist in the band, most bands at the time did fine with one, but he soon understood how Izzy is so well tuned into what is cool or not. I don't know about his attitude towards Izzy, but he has to know they played off each other just as good as Keith and Ronnie and Angus and Malcolm.

With those two, along with Axl, Duff and Steven they were destined to take over the world even if the seeds of destruction were already planted and no one knew when the bomb was about to go off.

When Axl suggested Zakk Wyyde to join as another lead guitarist, that's where the line was drawn.

• 2 weeks later...

I love listening to tracks like this.

It's worth noting that some of his parts and what he played is missing though. That's the only problem with tracks that are ripped from Guitar Hero or Rock Band. It's not a true multitrack so sometimes parts get lost since they'll put multiple parts on the same channel/track.

For those Slash fans who want to hear more of what he did, here's a simple way if you're familiar with programs like Audacity (which is free to donwnload).

Just import any song off Appetite (or the Illusions) into the program, delete the left channel (Izzy) and switch playback to "mono" so it plays through both speakers. There you have it! You can now listen to the song loud and clear with no Izzy. It works the other way around too. You also don't lose the solo because those are mixed center anyways for the most part, and you get to hear Slash's rhythm track under the solo (which the one posted here is missing).

Izzy wrote Nightrain's main parts and I believe plays some of the first solo.

He plays the first half of the solo. His solo is mixed left and when Slash''s comes in that's mixed center as usual. This is why I love headphones, sometimes it's hard to tell with just speakers where certain things are coming from.