MetallicA: Save The Date

Chewbacca

So, it's a festival where you have a chance to meet the performers? Should seem I was very much on the right path with my festival assumption.

I see they are going to play the Black Album (don't care, at all) on one night and then Ride the Lightning the other. If I didn't hate their live performances so much I'd be stoked to see footage of them playing Lightning in its entirety. Too bad the bands on the bill don't seem to be anything special and it's the 2012 version of Metallica. The only thing that would get me to pay money to go see them would be if Dave Mustaine was gonna be there instead of Kirk. I'd pay an astronomical amount of money to see a show with him doing material from the first two albums.

Ill agree when you say (old classic) songs are played fast. for instance it doesnt get more perfect than the end section of One (bargains imprisoning me...) But they just played that part way too fast.

I think you mean "Darkness imprisoning me" no? Unless I am just missing the joke :)

I love their first three albums, three of my favorite albums, but their live performances bug the hell out of me.

since the load albums on they have sucked live before that they fucking owned

Really? Love the Cunning Stunts DVD. Awesome concert. IMO, their live performances went downhill and I mean DOWNHILL when James gave up drinking.

I don't know if DOWNHILL is the word necessarily but it's more appropriate to say he doesn't have that raw, unsatiated anger within him anymore that came out in the music and his onstage behaviour. Cunning Stunts is good, but it's no Seattle 1989 which I personally would have to call the greatest concert on film if Cliff were on it (no disrespect to Newkid but Cliff is well, Cliff).

I just can't take "Hello friends, we're the metallica family! You're in our hearts! We love you!" during a Metallica concert. That ruins the atmosphere completely for me.

I'm part of the Metallica family :blink:

I love their first three albums, three of my favorite albums, but their live performances bug the hell out of me.

since the load albums on they have sucked live before that they fucking owned

I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that they started tuning their guitars half step down.

Ill agree when you say (old classic) songs are played fast. for instance it doesnt get more perfect than the end section of One (bargains imprisoning me...) But they just played that part way too fast.

I think you mean "Darkness imprisoning me" no? Unless I am just missing the joke :)

24324aq.jpg

• 4 months later...

Glad most everyone is on board with me when I say their live performances blow now. I've been ridiculed to end for saying that in the past. The singing blows and is full of those stupid "oooohs" and "AH's", Kirk is sloppy as shit and would be laughed out of the place if he didn't have his crutch of a wah pedal, the bassist is weird as fuck, Lars is just a smarmy little prick who has been mailing it in on the drums for ages, and most of the songs are played way too fucking fast. Ride the Lightning is pretty much my favorite album, but I don't think I'd ever pay money (good money at that, their tickets are expensive!) and drive to go see these guys.

i agree 100% with you. trying to listen to any song pre black album live now is just god awful.

Guest Broskirose

Saw Escape make its live debut and it was fucking awesome.

Live debut? Pretty sure they played it in Melbourne.

You're wrong.