The POSSIBLE reason why Axl hasnt released any new music since 2008.

timaus101

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I'm guessing, but it might be to do with the fact 3 Years isn't a massive amount of time? Axl doesn't even have to release an album in 2012 & it won't touch on ludicrous.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

It's more the fact that there was nothing released for over ten years prior to 2008 and we all know how long some of that CD material has been around for and god knows how many songs must be in the vault.

The wider audience aren't aware of the abundance of material; Axl releases an album in the next 2 Years & it's surprising to them. "Oh 14 for the last & 3 for this, Axl's improving"; even if in real terms it's a different version of an album pushing a decade in age.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

It's more the fact that there was nothing released for over ten years prior to 2008 and we all know how long some of that CD material has been around for and god knows how many songs must be in the vault.

The wider audience aren't aware of the abundance of material; Axl releases an album in the next 2 Years & it's surprising to them. "Oh 14 for the last & 3 for this, Axl's improving"; even if in real terms it's a different version of an album pushing a decade in age.

Ya - but that isn't going to be the case!

CD was a 2008 release......so if we have to wait two more years, are we talking 2014?

Axl will always be relevant to the die-hard fans.

But the wider audience you talk about, the only way to keep them connected to GnR is to release NEW friggin music more than once every five years. A new album every five years is going to produce CD type sales/tours over and over again.

It's crazy that Axl wanted to keep the GnR name alive and rolling...........but then doesn't put out new music. All he is really doing now is - unfortunately, and I hate to agree with all the haters on here - is living off the past band's success.

Axl is my favorite singer of all time, CD is one of my 5 favorite CDs of all time. But the post-Slash/Duff/Izzy GnR has put out ONE albums worth of songs in the last 14 years. That is just insane.

Yes, it is his band and he can do whatever he wants with it. But as a fan of his and the band, for 25 years, I am just voicing my opinion that it friggin SUCKS that he refuses to put out new music. Fans of Axl and fans of GnR just want music from our favorite singer and band.

Axl can run his life and career any way he wants. But if he really cared about the fans (that purchased his music and have allowed him to have a pretty sweet life) then he would give his fans more music. It really is that simple. It is just music - not brain surgery or rocket science.

Haters will always have ammunition to bash the current band as a cover band, until the current band releases music. And until the current band's concerts have more of a balance of music THEY created mixed in with music that a different band created 25 years ago.

I understand there are legal issues.

But at the end of the day, it is music.

Bands put out music for their fans to enjoy. Fans buy the music, buy concert tickets, bands make money to do the job they love. Everybody wins.

And instead of just kissing Axl's behind by finding reasons to justify never putting out new music, fans should be more vocal about their desire to hear more music from their favorite band!!!

Imagine how amazing it would be to be sitting here with the rumored trilogy of albums at your listening pleasure. Imagine how amazing it would be if Axl had put out 3-4 albums during the past 15 years, so you had 56 post slash/duff/izzy songs on your ipod today.....that really isn't that crazy. An album every 3-4 years? Bands used to put albums out every 1-2 years. And NO, I don't think Axl putting out an album every three years would mean an album full of mediocrity. That is ridiculous.

Instead, we get one album, yet ANOTHER tour, and no news of another album any time soon.

Crazy.

I don't know what to think anymore. At first I though they were going to start working on a new album in 2012, but now their going to be tour instead (I'm not arguing against it though.)

I do find it strange though that they are doing a short theater tour before a 3 month break and another European tour. I just can't see them playing the exact same set-list they did the last 2 years. The best scenario would be that they play one or two new songs in the theater tour, finish up the album during the break, then release the album before the European tour. Worst case scenario, nothing happens. But, you still have to be happy that their still active and we not going through another 2 years of silence again.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

I am amazed Tommy, Chris and especially Dizzy stuck around for so long.

Dizzy probably sticks around because in all reality what is he gonna do otherwise that will allow him to continue to live the lifestyle that a GnR paycheck allows him to live?

I think the core concept: it's on Axl and because he doesn't want to for whatever is right on the money.

All I'd really say is we all love the new stuff (outside of a couple of quibbles here or there) and would love more of it to be released so that we can buy it.

Maybe Axl lacks confidence in himself? ..due to the cupcakes & the media & the industry trying to tear him down.

I believe in Axl though. Hope he kicks ass this year.

thanks for all the cool responses ppl :) i guess its just really frustrating when you see every other band releasing music, but not out favourite band :(

im starting to think that if the band doesnt even PERFORM LIVE ONE NEW SONG, let alone record it, then things are lookin very grim indeed regarding new tunes...

how hard is it to PERFORM LIVE just ONE single song... it is truly incredible when you tihnk of it lol

BUT hey... we still have all the great GNR albums n songs that do exist (but perhaps thats the problem...we are just too content with whatever happens)