July 3: Israel?

RocketQueenGNR

couple questions:is it arena or stadium.is it gnr show or festival

It's a park,it can contain up to 50,000 people, they played there last time they were in Israel, also last year Madonna linkin park and paul McCartney preform there.

Red hot chili peppers going to be there at September as well.

It is a GNR concert not a festival.

I bet Bumblefoot had influence on this, pretty sure he is Jewish and has been to Israel

hope Axl can not be intimated by all these anti-Israel boycott people, who are going to no doubt flood the websites to tell him to boycott like they do to all artists who visit

Maybe we'll get Riad N' The Bedouins again?

This will never happen....we are beating the wars drums again. US & Israel are getting ready to tag team Iran.

Hopefully, Russia doesnt come to its rescue

I hope Russia does put a stop to this bullshit.

Obama's Nobel Peace Prize has never been a bigger joke.

Yes indeed.

I bet Bumblefoot had influence on this, pretty sure he is Jewish and has been to Israel

hope Axl can not be intimated by all these anti-Israel boycott people, who are going to no doubt flood the websites to tell him to boycott like they do to all artists who visit

Axl does what he wants when he wants

Bumblefoot is not part of the global Jewish conspiracy, the global Jewish conspiracy does not influence Axl's actions, also, there is no global Jewish conspiracy.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

*Palestine

When Roger Waters was in Israel in 2006 he also wanted to preform in Rammala but they said no thanks.

Through marketing, selling & playing a show in "Israel" he de facto recognises the state & thus the Palestinian authorities take offence.

I recall Axl declaring support for Israel in the forum chats? Either he's genuinely of that conservative orientation or was attempting to avoid media reports of anti-semitism.

*Palestine

When Roger Waters was in Israel in 2006 he also wanted to preform in Rammala but they said no thanks.

Through marketing, selling & playing a show in "Israel" he de facto recognises the state & thus the Palestinian authorities take offence.

I recall Axl declaring support for Israel in the forum chats? Either he's genuinely of that conservative orientation or was attempting to avoid media reports of anti-semitism.

No, The Palestinian authorities believes unfortunately that any western influence is bad. i must say that many of the poeple there don't agree with that.

Com-on lets get back to music and be happy for us that we are getting an GNR show.

*Palestine

Supporting Israel isn't a "conservative" opinion or necessarily one takes in an effort to "avoid Jew media reports of anti-Semitism" (I knew you didn't say that, but there's a fair bit of subtle implication there). He may just think a democratic state in the Middle East is a damn good thing, and enjoy the cell phones, computers, instant messaging software...all things we use every day with critical components generated by Israel's tech sector.

And AmitGNR is absolutely right. Waters wanted to cancel the Israel show and only play in Ramullah, but wasn't permitted to. Had nothing to do with recognition of Israel.