[SPOILER ALERT] Van Halen 2012 tour discussion

Turn_It_Up

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted this in the spoiler-free topic, but figured I'd post it here too in case anyone isn't reading both topics:

Thought I'd post this here for anyone going to a show soon. I'm having trouble finding an "official" source for this, but everyone on taping forums seem to be talking about it. The band has a very loose policy on cameras this tour; apparently professional photo/video cameras are allowed! I stealth taped audio for Buffalo (Which will be on Dime maybe tonight, but probably tomorrow), and now fingers crossed the ACC will comply with VH's camera/taping policy so I can take my D-SLR and a nice 500mm lens to shoot from the upper bowl ;)

Hopefully they will aloow video cameras in St. Louis. I won't hold my breath though. Back when Motley Crue was encouraging fans to bring taping equipment to shows, the St. Louis venue wouldn't allow people to bring in video cameras.

Posted this in the spoiler-free topic, but figured I'd post it here too in case anyone isn't reading both topics:

Thought I'd post this here for anyone going to a show soon. I'm having trouble finding an "official" source for this, but everyone on taping forums seem to be talking about it. The band has a very loose policy on cameras this tour; apparently professional photo/video cameras are allowed! I stealth taped audio for Buffalo (Which will be on Dime maybe tonight, but probably tomorrow), and now fingers crossed the ACC will comply with VH's camera/taping policy so I can take my D-SLR and a nice 500mm lens to shoot from the upper bowl ;)

Hopefully they will aloow video cameras in St. Louis. I won't hold my breath though. Back when Motley Crue was encouraging fans to bring taping equipment to shows, the St. Louis venue wouldn't allow people to bring in video cameras.

City wide ban on cameras at concerts since the early 90s perhaps?

Thanks for all the info on your shows, guys. I got another 3 weeks to go before Chicago. But sounds like you caught 'em at the right time with Dave sounding so much stronger.

Supposedly Eddie, Alex and Wolf were playing HBSD at the Buffalo sound check. I'd pay an extra $50 just to hear that fucker live. Can only hope... :thumbsup:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Thanks for all the info on your shows, guys. I got another 3 weeks to go before Chicago. But sounds like you caught 'em at the right time with Dave sounding so much stronger.

Supposedly Eddie, Alex and Wolf were playing HBSD at the Buffalo sound check. I'd pay an extra $50 just to hear that fucker live. Can only hope... :thumbsup:

Meh...it's easily my least favorite on A Different Kind Of Truth. I'd much rather have You And Your Blues, Blood And Fire, or Big River :shrugs:

Edited by Powerage5

Those bastards! They better open with it on Saturday! :lol:

Thanks for the Buffalo audio! I'll try downloading it tonight once Im home from school.

No problem. Seems to have worked fine, there's another Buffalo recording also. There's one more coming, and video I think too ;)

Well didn't I manage to catch one of the worst chest infections I've ever had last week.

Pretty much the whole city seems to be coming down with it.

It's always worse for me,I have a history of chest problems.

And damn,if the phlegm hasn't turned green.

...getting a little worried here :confused:

Well didn't I manage to catch one of the worst chest infections I've ever had last week.

Damn, sounds horrible. Hope you feel better by Saturday! :thumbsup:

Dude, really pulling for you to feel better.

But TMI? :lol:

Those bastards! They better open with it on Saturday! :lol:

Thanks for the Buffalo audio! I'll try downloading it tonight once Im home from school.

No problem. Seems to have worked fine, there's another Buffalo recording also. There's one more coming, and video I think too ;)

Video, eh? ;)

Audio sounds pretty damn good so far! :thumbsup:

Dude, really pulling for you to feel better.

But TMI? :lol:

:tongue2: sorry dude

I'm freaking a bit.Last Fall a leg injury at work blew out my GnR Hamilton gig...and now this.

I'm like fawk...seriously?

:blink:

ALL still photography is permitted for Toronto...guess I'm bringing my D-SLR and my 500 mm lens! :D

Cool news...what's the info source?

This is for sure?

It's on the Air Canada Centre's website. Video is okay too :thumbsup:

Very cool. I wish I had a decent camera! Oh well, snapshots will have to do. I only took a couple in Buffalo because I wanted to focus completely on the show, but I'll probably do more this time around.

Video means we might get a decent bootleg too! :thumbsup:

If Dave sounds even half as good as he did in Buffalo this should be a great show.

ALL still photography is permitted for Toronto...guess I'm bringing my D-SLR and my 500 mm lens! :D

This is for sure?

Very cool. I wish I had a decent camera! Oh well, snapshots will have to do. I only took a couple in Buffalo because I wanted to focus completely on the show, but I'll probably do more this time around.

Video means we might get a decent bootleg too! :thumbsup:

If Dave sounds even half as good as he did in Buffalo this should be a great show.

Most people I've talked to that went to Buffalo were disappointed, particularly in Dave. Had at least half a dozen people tell me he's the weak link in the band right now...IMO, there isn't a weak link ;)

This is for sure?

Video?...fuckin A!! :)

This is for sure?

Video?...fuckin A!! :)

That seems to be VH's policy this tour, pro cameras for photo or video are okay! :D