No Slash shirts, no top hats

GnR Chris

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't DJ wear his tophat for some of the show?

And what would happen if the ghost of Abraham Lincoln came to a show to rock out to Civil War, would he be allowed in?

abe_lincoln_top_hat.jpg

This would never happen <_< The ghost Abe would just float around and get transparent or he would just take his hat off.

Abe is a gentleman, duh...

They did the same thing at the Forum show. Nothing in the Vegas shows I went to. I think it really is the venue.

Really? I wore my AFD shirt at the Forum show and was near a security guard the whole time and didn't hear anything from them

Before the show they had all the security guards go through the line and tell people no shirts with Slash on them were allowed in. Not sure they even cared once inside. I saw them make someone with a Slash shirt turn it inside out.

They did the same thing at the Forum show. Nothing in the Vegas shows I went to. I think it really is the venue.

Really? I wore my AFD shirt at the Forum show and was near a security guard the whole time and didn't hear anything from them

Before the show they had all the security guards go through the line and tell people no shirts with Slash on them were allowed in. Not sure they even cared once inside. I saw them make someone with a Slash shirt turn it inside out.

I saw someone with a tophat and wig at the Forum. Kinda hard to miss that.

Ali

That's rather odd, I wonder who is in charge of such orders?

Didn't DJ wear his tophat for some of the show?

And what would happen if the ghost of Abraham Lincoln came to a show to rock out to Civil War, would he be allowed in?

abe_lincoln_top_hat.jpg

This would never happen <_< The ghost Abe would just float around and get transparent or he would just take his hat off.

Abe is a gentleman, duh...

I can deal with a ghosty Abe,but if I see this guy I'm gonna kill whoever spiked my drink.

collegehumor.75fa0118029483fc87721a0078e14e91.jpg

Ali

I saw him too. Not sure if it was just something security guards were trying to do outside. Inside I never heard any mention of it.

Ali

I saw him too. Not sure if it was just something security guards were trying to do outside. Inside I never heard any mention of it.

Well then, that was a big miss on their part :rofl-lol: I heard not one peep as I was passing through security about any of this.

Ali

Ali

Wait... you saw some asshole trolling Axl in a tophat and you DIDN'T knock his ass out? You call yourself a fan? Disgraceful.

Yup, already read that. Its not a convincing theory though.

As somebody already asked here, if Axl is so averse to the very sight of Slash, why are the official GN'R videos with Slash prominently displayed on certain thumb-nails visible on the official Guns website? That obviously cant be explained away as "venue security slacking off".

Okay, you don't believe it, but that's not what you originally said. You said it wasn't discussed at all. My reply was concerning whether or not it was discussed. Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant.

I used the word people and didn't mention you by name so there was no reason for you to act as if you had been called out to a duel or something. Many comments in this thread have ignored or downplayed contradictory evidence and that's precisely what I was referring to.

The issue is not of my choosing to or not to believe it- the issue simply is that nothing that's been said here properly plugs the holes in the claim that the orders came directly from GN'R. Too many contradictions if that was the case.

As somebody already asked here, if Axl is so averse to the very sight of Slash, why are the official GN'R videos with Slash prominently displayed on certain thumb-nails visible on the official Guns website? That obviously cant be explained away as "venue security slacking off".

Okay, you don't believe it, but that's not what you originally said. You said it wasn't discussed at all. My reply was concerning whether or not it was discussed. Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant.

I used the word people and didn't mention you by name so there was no reason for you to act as if you had been called out to a duel or something. Many comments in this thread have ignored or downplayed contradictory evidence and that's precisely what I was referring to.

The issue is not of my choosing to or not to believe it- the issue simply is that nothing that's been said here properly plugs the holes in the claim that the orders came directly from GN'R. Too many contradictions if that was the case.

Haha I didn't. It's really difficult to wind me up on an Internet forum. :thumbsup: What I said was that you said it wasn't discussed, and I pointed out to you that it was, and then you said, "Well, that doesn't make sense." It doesn't matter if it makes sense to you or if you disagree with it. All my post was pointing out was that it was discussed. And I'm not about to get into why I don't think it's a contradiction because I'm still battle-weary from typing at a brick wall for the past few pages. And really, at this point, only Axl can give us the answers.

Haha I didn't. It's really difficult to wind me up on an Internet forum. :thumbsup: What I said was that you said it wasn't discussed, and I pointed out to you that it was, and then you said, "Well, that doesn't make sense." It doesn't matter if it makes sense to you or if you disagree with it. All my post was pointing out was that it was discussed. And I'm not about to get into why I don't think it's a contradiction because I'm still battle-weary from typing at a brick wall for the past few pages. And really, at this point, only Axl can give us the answers.

I didn't say it hasn't been discussed, I said people have deflected questions which is true since many posters here have in fact ignored these contradictions. Again people is not = you.

I really don't think the security/venue would have their own set of rules on what can and can't be worn...why would they care? I think Axl passes down a list to security telling them what he doesn't want to see, and that included top hats and slash shirts. I really don't think anyone else would care enough to try to have it enforced.

Ali

Wait... you saw some asshole trolling Axl in a tophat and you DIDN'T knock his ass out? You call yourself a fan? Disgraceful.

dude please tell me all your posts are meant to be sarcastic?

I really don't think the security/venue would have their own set of rules on what can and can't be worn...why would they care? I think Axl passes down a list to security telling them what he doesn't want to see, and that included top hats and slash shirts. I really don't think anyone else would care enough to try to have it enforced.

So, you think the band has lied when they denied this...and venues wouldn't take it upon themselves to be proactive and avoid potential issues that in the past caused problems. Okay, got it. :rolleyes:

Ali

dude please tell me all your posts are meant to be sarcastic?

I read somewhere that all of his posts are actually intended to be cupcake posts.

So, you think the band has lied when they denied this...and venues wouldn't take it upon themselves to be proactive and avoid potential issues that in the past caused problems. Okay, got it. :rolleyes:

Is there any proof either way? Okay, got it. :rolleyes: