No Slash shirts, no top hats

GnR Chris

Really? Are we this petty? Is this an Axl mandate or his overbearing management?

I was embarrassed to be a fan that moment yesterday when they were going around the line telling people no Slash shirts, top hats, and the worst, a girl had to turn her AfD shirt inside out. Are you fn serious? (Though I saw plenty of people inside with the AfD shirt).

And please save the, "why would you wear a Slash shirt?" comments. I personally wouldn't. But some do, and as long as they aren't heckling, what's the issue?

Embarrassing.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Are we this petty? Is this an Axl mandate or his overbearing management?

I was embarrassed to be a fan that moment yesterday when they were going around the line telling people no Slash shirts, top hats, and the worst, a girl had to turn her AfD shirt inside out. Are you fn serious? (Though I saw plenty of people inside with the AfD shirt).

And please save the, "why would you wear a Slash shirt?" comments. I personally wouldn't. But some do, and as long as they aren't heckling, what's the issue?

Embarrassing.

You have got to be kidding or at least I hope your kidding.

Embarrassing.

You have got to be kidding or at least I hope your kidding.

I actually did experience this while walking in the Camden GA section last November, but I couldn't tell if the secuirty guard was kidding or not. Neither me nor my friend were wearing anything like that, but she did make a comment about no top hats to us.

Embarrassing.

Wasn't this the same thing that mod Madison got banned over and no one believed her?

Yes. Yes, it was. Axl and the band swore up and down they don't care about this shit. But we have had several reports about it during this tour. Hard to say if it's coming from the band or venue security, but whoever it is, it is fucking stupid as hell. Even if they want to do this for actual Slash shirts, making people turn their AFD shirts inside-out is ludicrous, and if the band has nothing to do with this they should make it clear to security to stop doing it.

Embarrassing.

Wasn't this the same thing that mod Madison got banned over and no one believed her?

Not exactly.

Anywho, the reports about this are true, unfortunately. But, it's unknown if it's actually coming from the band or just the security being stupid-asses. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Embarrassing.

Something similar, but I think she said official word came from Axl and Management to remove Slash stuff, but I think Axl denied this.

I think the venues are just preventing anything from happening during the show, but it does suck and I don't think the band actually care what merchandise you wear.

Embarrassing.

Something similar, but I think she said official word came from Axl and Management to remove Slash stuff, but I think Axl denied this.

I think the venues are just preventing anything from happening during the show, but it does suck and I don't think the band actually care what merchandise you wear.

I hope they'd enforce that sentiment to all venues then. They don't need a negative vibe going around. Although, I wonder what gave the venues that idea in the first place?

Embarrassing.

I saw someone wearing a top hat at the Forum in LA.

Before you get "embarrassed" as a fan, you should actually consider whether or not this is GN'R's policy or the venue's.

Ali

That is excessive, but it can come across as heckling, but if you want to see him sing, have to play by the rules. But it would be interesting if a lawyer was in the line, went "that's bullshit", and actually had a case.

I do think if there's a policy not to wear Slash swag, they need to put it where the fans can see it. I hate it when you're in line waiting to get in, and security is telling you not to bring something in that wasn't a problem at other shows, and if you didn't drive, have to find a place to put it. It's not like the venue has lockers.

Embarrassing.

Before you get "embarrassed" as a fan, you should actually consider whether or not this is GN'R's policy or the venue's.

Ali

One thing that I believe is making people lean towards it being Gn'R's policiy is that it's been reported at every Club Show so far, as well as multiple shows on the last leg.

I'm not saying it is their policy, but it is interesting. :shrugs:

Weird about the AFD shirt, I always see people wearing those shirts at the GNR concerts. :shrugs:

I wore one to the wilkes Barre and youngstown shows and didn't have a problem. I would think this other bullshit with the slash shirts and top hats Is coming from the band. How else would security In each and every city know to look for this stuff If the band didn't ask them to.

Embarrassing.

Ali

I would have never, EVER believed this until I heard it with my own ears last night. The "no AFD shirts" part is made up, but they definitely came and told everyone they couldn't wear top hats and had to turn any Slash shirts inside out. They made it clear over and over again that this was a "GN'R policy, not a venue policy".

I cannot stress enough that I wouldn't have believed this in a million years if I hadn't heard it for myself last night.

Embarrassing.

Ali

I would have never, EVER believed this until I heard it with my own ears last night. The "no AFD shirts" part is made up, but they definitely came and told everyone they couldn't wear top hats and had to turn any Slash shirts inside out. They made it clear over and over again that this was a "GN'R policy, not a venue policy".

I cannot stress enough that I wouldn't have believed this in a million years if I hadn't heard it for myself last night.

What if you are wearing an Ashba style top hat? lol

Embarrassing.

Ali

What if you are wearing an Ashba style top hat? lol

Only allowed with effeminate eye makeup.