No Slash shirts, no top hats

GnR Chris

Really? Are we this petty? Is this an Axl mandate or his overbearing management?

I was embarrassed to be a fan that moment yesterday when they were going around the line telling people no Slash shirts, top hats, and the worst, a girl had to turn her AfD shirt inside out. Are you fn serious? (Though I saw plenty of people inside with the AfD shirt).

And please save the, "why would you wear a Slash shirt?" comments. I personally wouldn't. But some do, and as long as they aren't heckling, what's the issue?

Embarrassing.

I saw someone wearing a top hat at the Forum in LA.

Before you get "embarrassed" as a fan, you should actually consider whether or not this is GN'R's policy or the venue's.

Ali

I would have never, EVER believed this until I heard it with my own ears last night. The "no AFD shirts" part is made up, but they definitely came and told everyone they couldn't wear top hats and had to turn any Slash shirts inside out. They made it clear over and over again that this was a "GN'R policy, not a venue policy".

I cannot stress enough that I wouldn't have believed this in a million years if I hadn't heard it for myself last night.

This Is a real eye opener. Goes to show that the original members weren't completely full of shit when they labled Axl a dictator. They are now dictating to the fans what they can and cannot wear to the concerts.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the posters who didn't believe this to begin with are very naive, lol.

But again, personally, I have no problem with this. I think it interferes with the enjoyment of the show for the fans of the new band. And it's clearly only being worn for attention or to get under Axl's skin. I am in total agreement with this policy.

They made it clear over and over again that this was a "GN'R policy, not a venue policy".

Personally, I think it's the venue doing this, but saying its a GNR policy to make sure people do it.

Like someone else said, people have been wearing Slash merchandise at shows before without problems.

This must be a venue policy. I've seen the band at 6 different venues and I have seem slash shirts, slash wigs and top hats at each of these shows and I've never seen or heard the bouncers enforcing an anti-slash policy on anyone. This is Australia, though.

I think wearing that stuff is fucking stupid, myself, but these people still have a right to wear it.

But again, personally, I have no problem with this. I think it interferes with the enjoyment of the show for the fans of the new band. And it's clearly only being worn for attention or to get under Axl's skin. I am in total agreement with this policy.

I have heard of this In the past, but to be honest with you, I didn't really believe It to be true, so I would fall under the naive column. I would have to disagree with this being an acceptable policy. If the songs slash helped to create are good enough for him to continue making a living off of, what Is a shirt or a top hat going to hurt. At the end of the day It's really all about being professional, I couldn't see slash throwing out a fan, or having a policy In place stating, If a fan has an original band shirt on, or an axl shirt on, make them turn It inside out, or deny them entrance. It Is very petty.

Maybe something happened with the Rock Band lawsuit. Beta and Fernando should just ask the fans not to wear it at the shows, instead of putting this on the security. Would you wear a "crack ho Whitney" shirt and sit right in front of Bobby Brown at a show right now?

I think the circumstances are slightly different. Actually very different.

Really? Are we this petty? Is this an Axl mandate or his overbearing management?

I was embarrassed to be a fan that moment yesterday when they were going around the line telling people no Slash shirts, top hats, and the worst, a girl had to turn her AfD shirt inside out. Are you fn serious? (Though I saw plenty of people inside with the AfD shirt).

And please save the, "why would you wear a Slash shirt?" comments. I personally wouldn't. But some do, and as long as they aren't heckling, what's the issue?

Embarrassing.

I was there, and I can confirm that security did, in fact, demand that all slash gear, posters, etc. be removed and were not allowed in the HOB.

I too would like to confirm that at Terminal 5 they were telling people to turn their Slash shirts inside-out and even examined AFD shirts and pointed out Slash's skull... the same skull Axl has tattooed on his arm. They said it was the band's policy. Yet, at The Ritz three days later, this rule was not enforced.

Embarrassing.

Wasn't this the same thing that mod Madison got banned over and no one believed her?

Not exactly.

Anywho, the reports about this are true, unfortunately. But, it's unknown if it's actually coming from the band or just the security being stupid-asses. I'm leaning towards the latter.

I find that hard to believe...especially when it's happening at multiple places. Security just takes it upon themselves to enforce those rules? I don't think so...

I have heard of this In the past, but to be honest with you, I didn't really believe It to be true, so I would fall under the naive column. I would have to disagree with this being an acceptable policy. If the songs slash helped to create are good enough for him to continue making a living off of, what Is a shirt or a top hat going to hurt. At the end of the day It's really all about being professional, I couldn't see slash throwing out a fan, or having a policy In place stating, If a fan has an original band shirt on, or an axl shirt on, make them turn It inside out, or deny them entrance. It Is very petty.

Sure it's petty, but that's Axl, and he makes the rules. You either accept that as a fan, or you move on, and he doesn't care either way. It's always been this way.

Embarrassing.

I saw someone wearing a top hat at the Forum in LA.

Before you get "embarrassed" as a fan, you should actually consider whether or not this is GN'R's policy or the venue's.

Ali

Ali, you are a bitch on payola, manipulating and twisting everything so the band looks better. What is in it for you? Backstage passes? Chicks? A record contract? I don't care, nothing is worth making such a pussy out of yourself. If you'd have some dignity left you'd just shut up and lead a good life but you come to the boards and pollute them with your doublespeak bullshit. People like you should be shot and slaughtered. I spit on you. I hate you. Go away. You suck. You are an embarrasement to every true fan out there. FUCK YOU!

I think he's a PR rep for the band, or their management. He must be to say the stuff he says.

This must be a venue policy. I've seen the band at 6 different venues and I have seem slash shirts, slash wigs and top hats at each of these shows and I've never seen or heard the bouncers enforcing an anti-slash policy on anyone. This is Australia, though.

I think wearing that stuff is fucking stupid, myself, but these people still have a right to wear it.

Venues have the right to refuse entry. They can kick you out for any reason they want.

When I saw them in 2010 there were several Slash shirts and even more AFD shirts and nothing was said about that but that's also two years ago.

I can see why Axl would find it annoying to look at Slash on people's shirts as he doesn't care for him but to actually ban people from wearing them is a bit extreme, especially the AFD shirts considering he has the AFD skull tattooed on his arm. Can you wear a Use Your Illusions shirt then? Slash played on those albums too so it doesn't really make sense to only ban the AFD ones....

I wonder if we'll ever really know if it's the band or the venues to are making these rules.

My guess is that it may be an official band policy that is only enforced when deemed necessary. For instance- perhaps they had a bad experience with a "Slash-fan" being a particularly big pain in the ass during their last time through Chicago (or wherever) and didn't want to take the risk of having to deal with it last night (particularly in a more intimate setting)? Maybe Axl gets up some days and just thinks "You know what? I'm reeeeeally not in the fucking mood to see a bunch of top hats and fros out in the crowd tonight- and my performance is going to suck if we don't ban that shit..." but three nights later- the storms clouds have passed and he could give a fuck again???

Anyway, I can't imagine this will be a consistently implented policy. It's a complete "non-winner" for Axl and the band over the long-haul obviously...

Also- a previous poster was right. There were several "Slash-impersonators" at the Orlando show. Hell- there was one group of guys that I saw that was pretty "dead-on" for Axl, Slash, Duff and Matt ca. 1992 or so... Actually fooled some chicks sitting in front of me pre-show... :rofl-lol:

Venues have the right to refuse entry. They can kick you out for any reason they want.

Any reason they want? Uh, no. That would result in lawsuits.