No Slash shirts, no top hats

GnR Chris

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl needs to address this, because if pro-new Guns people are saying it's true, it's true, and it's pathetic.

I hope he addresses it in a less disgusting way than last time. That was terrible.

How did he address it the last time? Brief synopsis please. I have no idea what people are referring to with "Madison."

There was a rumor about people with Slash shirts not allowed to wear them or something along those lines, Fernando (I think) said that the rumors were false, Madison (a mod on this forum) perpetuated the rumor, and Axl (Dexter) posted this:

What the fuck do you know? That's right! You don't know jack fucking shit you fucking ignorant, know it all, fucking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant cunt. No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian, wannabe, high school parking lot rent-a-cop always mouthing off like you're some kind of authority which you're far from. I have to say it saddens me you continue to babble your horseshit to unsuspecting fans n' any names n' numbers you have are of people like you who try n' hurt others to promote themselves at their expense. That's the only real thing you got bitch. It's like Revolver's if not edited, cloudy recollection of events as I've never asked for anyone's shirt bein' thrown out of anywhere let alone say I did but hey he won a contest so he must be credible, whatever, no good deed goes unpunished. I don't work for you or have to do a goddamn thing you think ever. Your opinions of anything whatsoever don't count or mean jack shit to me or anyone in this camp. You're garbage, plain and simple. You're not a fan or a voice of reason... you're a sick n' diseased mind spilling it's bile over the internet. Well now you can drink up the rewards of the crap that's been spillin' out of your pie hole forever here n' enjoy the fermented, feted n' vulgar response you've been cultivating n' aching for... for so long . Find another board this one doesn't need you. Oh n' feel free to jump in all you wanna be web warriors, ho defenders n' bitch boi's, you ain't needed either. For the rest of you... Surprise gigs comin'!!

Holy shit! Now that's a rant.

There was a rumor about people with Slash shirts not allowed to wear them or something along those lines, Fernando (I think) said that the rumors were false, Madison (a mod on this forum) perpetuated the rumor, and Axl (Dexter) posted this:

What the fuck do you know? That's right! You don't know jack fucking shit you fucking ignorant, know it all, fucking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant cunt. No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian, wannabe, high school parking lot rent-a-cop always mouthing off like you're some kind of authority which you're far from. I have to say it saddens me you continue to babble your horseshit to unsuspecting fans n' any names n' numbers you have are of people like you who try n' hurt others to promote themselves at their expense. That's the only real thing you got bitch. It's like Revolver's if not edited, cloudy recollection of events as I've never asked for anyone's shirt bein' thrown out of anywhere let alone say I did but hey he won a contest so he must be credible, whatever, no good deed goes unpunished. I don't work for you or have to do a goddamn thing you think ever. Your opinions of anything whatsoever don't count or mean jack shit to me or anyone in this camp. You're garbage, plain and simple. You're not a fan or a voice of reason... you're a sick n' diseased mind spilling it's bile over the internet. Well now you can drink up the rewards of the crap that's been spillin' out of your pie hole forever here n' enjoy the fermented, feted n' vulgar response you've been cultivating n' aching for... for so long . Find another board this one doesn't need you. Oh n' feel free to jump in all you wanna be web warriors, ho defenders n' bitch boi's, you ain't needed either. For the rest of you... Surprise gigs comin'!!

Love fuckin' Axl.

Love fuckin' Axl.

Yeah he is a real classy fellow!

Really? Are we this petty? Is this an Axl mandate or his overbearing management?

I was embarrassed to be a fan that moment yesterday when they were going around the line telling people no Slash shirts, top hats, and the worst, a girl had to turn her AfD shirt inside out. Are you fn serious? (Though I saw plenty of people inside with the AfD shirt).

And please save the, "why would you wear a Slash shirt?" comments. I personally wouldn't. But somUe do, and as long as they aren't heckling, what's the issue?

Embarrassing.

I saw someone wearing a top hat at the Forum in LA.

Before you get "embarrassed" as a fan, you should actually consider whether or not this is GN'R's policy or the venue's.

Ali

I would have never, EVER believed this until I heard it with my own ears last night. The "no AFD shirts" part is made up, but they definitely came and told everyone they couldn't wear top hats and had to turn any Slash shirts inside out. They made it clear over and over again that this was a "GN'R policy, not a venue policy".

I cannot stress enough that I wouldn't have believed this in a million years if I hadn't heard it for myself last night.

No offense, Russ, but I don't believe it. Not you, but what you were told. If it were GN'R and their policy, I believe it would be present at every show, period.

Ali

Well, not if the security is lazy and thinks it's a silly rule.

I too would like to confirm that at Terminal 5 they were telling people to turn their Slash shirts inside-out and even examined AFD shirts and pointed out Slash's skull... the same skull Axl has tattooed on his arm. They said it was the band's policy. Yet, at The Ritz three days later, this rule was not enforced.

Nor was it in late December in LA. THIS is exactly why I don't believe it was the band's policy.

Ali

So why do you think the rule keeps reoccurring? Even in the same specific way with them asking to turn shirts inside out. Are all venues in America in direct contact with each other?

Really? Are we this petty? Is this an Axl mandate or his overbearing management?

I was embarrassed to be a fan that moment yesterday when they were going around the line telling people no Slash shirts, top hats, and the worst, a girl had to turn her AfD shirt inside out. Are you fn serious? (Though I saw plenty of people inside with the AfD shirt).

And please save the, "why would you wear a Slash shirt?" comments. I personally wouldn't. But somUe do, and as long as they aren't heckling, what's the issue?

Embarrassing.

Before you get "embarrassed" as a fan, you should actually consider whether or not this is GN'R's policy or the venue's.

Ali

I would have never, EVER believed this until I heard it with my own ears last night. The "no AFD shirts" part is made up, but they definitely came and told everyone they couldn't wear top hats and had to turn any Slash shirts inside out. They made it clear over and over again that this was a "GN'R policy, not a venue policy".

I cannot stress enough that I wouldn't have believed this in a million years if I hadn't heard it for myself last night.

No offense, Russ, but I don't believe it. Not you, but what you were told. If it were GN'R and their policy, I believe it would be present at every show, period.

Ali

That is a stretch. They wouldn't be doing their job then. Not exactly good for business, financially or legally.

Ali

Embarrassing.

Ali

Ali

I too would like to confirm that at Terminal 5 they were telling people to turn their Slash shirts inside-out and even examined AFD shirts and pointed out Slash's skull... the same skull Axl has tattooed on his arm. They said it was the band's policy. Yet, at The Ritz three days later, this rule was not enforced.

Nor was it in late December in LA. THIS is exactly why I don't believe it was the band's policy.

Ali

So why do you think the rule keeps reoccurring? Even in the same specific way with them asking to turn shirts inside out. Are all venues in America in direct contact with each other?

What do you mean all venues? I just said it didn't happen in LA. Someone said it happened at one NYC venue and not another.

I think the venues are scared that Axl will go off if he sees some Slash gear, so they strike pre-emptively. They don't want a riot and all the issues surrounding one.

Ali

Embarrassing.

Ali

Ali

That is a stretch. They wouldn't be doing their job then. Not exactly good for business, financially or legally.

Ali

Not very unusual for workers "on the floor" not to act in the company's absolute best interest if it means more work, especially if they are doing most of their job, just not walking that extra mile.

Embarrassing.

Ali

Ali

Ali

Not very unusual for workers "on the floor" not to act in the company's absolute best interest if it means more work, especially if they are doing most of their job, just not walking that extra mile.

Not doing something a client has directed you to do is not a case of "not walking that extra mile". It's not walking at all, not doing your job, period.

Ali

When he draws on that kind of venom for lyrics it's amazing. Also amazing how the same man who'd create this, who'd create Oh My God and My World and Shackler's and Back Off Bitch and so many other fascinatlngly dark and vicious songs can also write lyrics as sweet and beautiful as those of This I Love, Estranged, etc.

When he draws on that kind of venom for lyrics it's amazing. Also amazing how the same man who'd create this, who'd create Oh My God and My World and Shackler's and Back Off Bitch and so many other fascinatlngly dark and vicious songs can also write lyrics as sweet and beautiful as those of This I Love, Estranged, etc.

It's amazing to think this guy wrote SCOM. I find that his moods seem to be basically extremes. He's extremely happy, extremely in love, extremely pissed off, etc. So, in my opinion, he loves harder than most people and gets hurt harder than most people.

Not doing something a client has directed you to do is not a case of "not walking that extra mile". It's not walking at all, not doing your job, period.

Ali

Well let's be realistic here. McDonald's workers are e.g. asked to wish every customer a good day. If they are in fact serving the burgers, I am sure many of them think they are doing their job even if they don't care to tell everybody to have a nice day. In this case, normal security work would be the "serving the burgers" and special requests from certain clients such as not letting people in with certain shirts could definitely be neglected by the tired worker who just wants to do his shift and go home. Could be the same way as with a restaurant with rude waiters, just a bad working place where managers don't motivate their staff enough. And the less competition the bigger the probability for that.

It's amazing to think this guy wrote SCOM. I find that his moods seem to be basically extremes. He's extremely happy, extremely in love, extremely pissed off, etc. So, in my opinion, he loves harder than most people and gets hurt harder than most people.

Borderline, in other words.

The only reason I can think of this being a GN'R policy at recent shows would that there are plans to release official footage in some form. If there's a documentary or concert DVD they probably wanna keep the Slash references in the audience to a minimum.

And before anyone says it, yes I know Slash co-wrote and recorded a lot of the songs they're playing live :P

Ali

Well let's be realistic here. McDonald's workers are e.g. asked to wish every customer a good day. If they are in fact serving the burgers, I am sure many of them think they are doing their job even if they don't care to tell everybody to have a nice day. In this case, normal security work would be the "serving the burgers" and special requests from certain clients such as not letting people in with certain shirts could definitely be neglected by the tired worker who just wants to do his shift and go home. Could be the same way as with a restaurant with rude waiters, just a bad working place where managers don't motivate their staff enough. And the less competition the bigger the probability for that.

I think that is not a good analogy. Not at all. We are not talking about that last little bit of kindness. We're talking about a specific request, a specific task your client has asked of you being ignored by your employees. This is a fundamental tenet of your job for the evening, not giving that extra packet of ketchup.

Ali

Ali, you are a bitch on payola, manipulating and twisting everything so the band looks better. What is in it for you? Backstage passes? Chicks? A record contract? I don't care, nothing is worth making such a pussy out of yourself. If you'd have some dignity left you'd just shut up and lead a good life but you come to the boards and pollute them with your doublespeak bullshit. People like you should be shot and slaughtered. I spit on you. I hate you. Go away. You suck. You are an embarrasement to every true fan out there. FUCK YOU!

I don't know about the "killing" part, but yes Ali always tried to defend Axl even if Axl is at fault. IF THEY TOLD PEOPLE TO TAKE OF HATS AND SHIRTS THEN IT

WAS SENT BY AXL! Think what you want, random clubs don't care about what happened between Axl and Slash. It's from Axl and no one else. I believe that. PERIOD.

Edited by 31illusion

Ali

Probably or Bipolar.

Thst rant was awefull and I felt bad for Madison. But the thread as a whole was hilarious! Can't help it, but it was for sure not boring.

Ali

I think that is not a good analogy. Not at all. We are not talking about that last little bit of kindness. We're talking about a specific request, a specific task your client has asked of you being ignored by your employees. This is a fundamental tenet of your job for the evening, not giving that extra packet of ketchup.

Ali

How 'bout this, then:

My mom went to Taco Bell today and asked for extra cheese on her nachos. They gave her enough cheese to cover two full chips. Is that what you'd call executing a specific request, a specific task Taco Bell's client has asked?

That really happened by the way. Fuck Taco Bell. Del Taco all the way.

Ali

Ali

I could easily see it being regarded as the extra ketchup. Security staff probably see their job as keeping the crowd in order, keeping it from getting too rowdy, interfere in fights and throw out people who are too drunk. The camera thing is a very common request also. But inspecting every concert-goer's shirt is a completely different thing. It is a lot of extra trouble and the guard could easily see it as a silly request that has little to do with security. The staff may not be very familiar with the Slash and Axl feud, GN'R or even Slash himself either, so maybe they don't all spot the signs of Slash related items from a mile away. Also, just because it hasn't been reported doesn't mean it hasn't happened to some degree at every concert. Maybe if the guards at a venue think it's a bit silly and have a lower staff morale because of the state of the workplace, they only point out a few obvious cases and don't care about the rest and we never hear about it.

Ali

Ali

How 'bout this, then:

My mom went to Taco Bell today and asked for extra cheese on her nachos. They gave her enough cheese to cover two full chips. Is that what you'd call executing a specific request, a specific task Taco Bell's client has asked?

I think the fast food analogy is atrocious to begin with. But, yes, I am not a Taco Bell fan.

Ali

If you check out the gunsnroses website, you see that the band has no problem with references to the old band. AFD, UYI, videos, all there.

In Toronto I saw everything, Slash and Axl combos walking around, Slash tshirts for sale. No big deal. Personally, I don't think that comes from the band. It just wouldn't make sense to suddenly reverse their position so late in the game. And I think Fernando and Axl made their positions clear the last time this came up.

Ali

Probably or Bipolar.

Thst rant was awefull and I felt bad for Madison. But the thread as a whole was hilarious! Can't help it, but it was for sure not boring.

I love it. People here are e-Psychologists trying to diagnose Axl.

Ali

Ali

Ali

How 'bout this, then:

I think the fast food analogy is atrocious to begin with. But, yes, I am not a Taco Bell fan.

Ali

Why? Why don't you like the analogy? I think it's pretty perfect.

Ali

Ali

How 'bout this, then:

Ali

It is an example of businesses where underpaid workers execute tasks where many probably aren't too occupied with the quality of the service and just want to have a good day at their jobs and go home.