3 NEW Los Angles dates

bionic56

The problem is the pressure. I believe Tommy was the one who said if Ron doesn't do the shows, he doesn't do the shows, and then everything falls apart. Ron not playing means the tour doesn't happen, and he loves all of us too much to let that happen. So at the end of the day, it's kind of Tommy forcing him out there.

What? Tommy's "forcing" him out there? When did Tommy say this? How does that constitute "forcing" him out there anyway?

Does Tommy put a gun to Ron's head telling him to go on stage and play? :rofl-lol:

Ali

I actually believe Bumble said that. He said if he didn't go, Tommy wouldn't go, and if Tommy didn't go, Fortus and someone else (forget who) wouldn't go, and everything would indeed fall apart.

Yeah, I highly doubt they would want him to jeopardize his health if really was incapable of playing. And, still, I don't see how that constitutes "forcing" him to do anything.

This is Guns N' Roses, not the mafia.

Ali

Ali why do you insist in writing Ali at the end of all your posts, You are not writing us all a letter you know :rofl-lol:

Yours Faithfully

It's habit I got into when I first started posting on message boards years and years ago.

Best Regards,

Ali

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is the pressure. I believe Tommy was the one who said if Ron doesn't do the shows, he doesn't do the shows, and then everything falls apart. Ron not playing means the tour doesn't happen, and he loves all of us too much to let that happen. So at the end of the day, it's kind of Tommy forcing him out there.

What? Tommy's "forcing" him out there? When did Tommy say this? How does that constitute "forcing" him out there anyway?

Does Tommy put a gun to Ron's head telling him to go on stage and play? :rofl-lol:

Ali

I actually believe Bumble said that. He said if he didn't go, Tommy wouldn't go, and if Tommy didn't go, Fortus and someone else (forget who) wouldn't go, and everything would indeed fall apart.

Yeah, I highly doubt they would want him to jeopardize his health if really was incapable of playing. And, still, I don't see how that constitutes "forcing" him to do anything.

Ali

Ron is too dedicated to take the whole tour down over his personal hardship. Tommy is the only bassist in the band. Bumble can't play, Richard and Dj will cover for him and get him rested up. Tommy doesn't go? Tour's over. I don't know why Tommy hasn't backed down from that, but someone needs to put their foot down and get Bumble the fuck into treatment. He does NOT want to be touring right now, I know that from personal correspondence. He's doing this out of commitment to us and to the music.

Ali

Ali

Ron is too dedicated to take the whole tour down over his personal hardship. Tommy is the only bassist in the band. Bumble can't play, Richard and Dj will cover for him and get him rested up. Tommy doesn't go? Tour's over. I don't know why Tommy hasn't backed down from that, but someone needs to put their foot down and get Bumble the fuck into treatment. He does NOT want to be touring right now, I know that from personal correspondence. He's doing this out of commitment to us and to the music.

I think you're taking the comments about Tommy's stance too seriously. Look, when Tommy had a personal issue come up, Chris Pitman filled in on bass for a couple of songs at a brief set in LA. When Brain needed to go home to be with his wife, Frank stepped in and later on permanently.

If he needs to take some time, he does need to express that need to everyone. No offense, but actions speak louder than words, and the mere fact that he is on tour right now says that he DOES want to be on tour. I'm sure he's quite conflicted about it, but the fact that he's on tour says a lot about whether or not he has any desire to be on tour.

Ali

Ali

Ali

I think you're taking the comments about Tommy's stance too seriously. Look, when Tommy had a personal issue come up, Chris Pitman filled in on bass for a couple of songs at a brief set in LA. When Brain needed to go home to be with his wife, Frank stepped in and later on permanently.

If he needs to take some time, he does need to express that need to everyone. No offense, but actions speak louder than words, and the mere fact that he is on tour right now says that he DOES want to be on tour. I'm sure he's quite conflicted about it, but the fact that he's on tour says a lot about whether or not he has any desire to be on tour.

Ali

If he knows what Tommy's response is, the conversation happened. You're right. Actions speak far louder than words. Bumble's greatest desire is not to let people down - not his band, not his fans, not himself. He clearly raised the prospect of not touring, and the result was being told "You go, the tour goes." His actions - not cancelling the tour personally - speak far louder than any words could. He loves us. He loves the music. Perhaps both even more than he loves himself.

Ali

Ali

Ali

If he knows what Tommy's response is, the conversation happened. You're right. Actions speak far louder than words. Bumble's greatest desire is not to let people down - not his band, not his fans, not himself. He clearly raised the prospect of not touring, and the result was being told "You go, the tour goes." His actions - not cancelling the tour personally - speak far louder than any words could. He loves us. He loves the music. Perhaps both even more than he loves himself.

I still think you're making a leap assuming that Tommy and the band would be opposed if Ron REALLY needed some time off. I really doubt that's the case given the examples I cited.

Ali

He loves us. He loves the music. Perhaps both even more than he loves himself.

Wow. You guys are friends in real life?

No, but I've exchanged emails with him a few times and watched him through Philly. If him staggering back on stage barely able to walk for NR and his Pink Panther solo and seeing the look on his face as he tried to bow isn't evidence enough, you are incapable of empathy.

No, but I've exchanged emails with him a few times and watched him through Philly. If him staggering back on stage barely able to walk for NR and his Pink Panther solo and seeing the look on his face as he tried to bow isn't evidence enough, you are incapable of empathy.

Then he should stop. Telling the band he needs time off, even if it results in a cancellation of the tour will result in the same fate if he continues to tour and renders himself unable to play/walk/run/move. There is no happy ending here, he should look after himself first.

Edited by Young_Gun

Then he should stop. Telling the band he needs time off, even if it results in a cancellation of the tour will result in the same fate if he continues to tour and renders himself unable to play/walk/run/move. There is no happy ending here, he should look after himself first.

But he doesnt. He does look at other people first - thats how he is. He will keep touring until he cant anymore. Guns should give him time to rest instead of booking more shows. If he cant tour anymore he leaves.

Is anyone else here right now trying to purchase some tickets to these events?

The House Of Blues General Admission tickets don't seem to have been made available. I was on at 10:00 on the dot, and they're unavailable.

I thought it was at 10am, too, but it says:

presale begins:Thu, 03/01/12

05:00 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the Live Nation pre-sale, in which you have to have a Citi card to access.

The Palladium and Wiltern pre-sale is up and is both GA and VIP seats.

I have a friend who tells me that I may be able to get some access to one of the earlier venues, but in case that fell through I wanted to have a House of Blues GA back up... And I'm not a Citi member, perhaps I will have to duke it out with the fucking ticket brokers tomorrow.