L.A. Show - The Palladium 3/9/12

Nicc

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Radiohead tonight--fucking incredible band and Thom Yorke has a great stage presence and is a likable lead man--and he dedicated a song to Rupert Murdoch and the Daily Mail (I think this is the paper he mentioned) which is one of the rags Murdoch owns. Thom said something to the effect, that Rupert is a "fucking twat". The crowd booed Murdoch, and Thom said something like "I'm glad his popularity is growing in the US as well, the fuckin liar". I wouldn't believe a damn thing coming from Fox, WSJ, Globe, Sky, The NY Post, or any Murdoch owned Rag....

On a related note, if you get a chance to go see Radiohead live, do it. Well worth the $60 bucks I spent for a front row seat!

All I know is people were asking me if I had any extra tickets, and not he scalpers, there was a guy and his girlfriend from Japan who were looking and standing around the Coffe Bean (Across the street) and bought a pair off a scalper at 6:40, so I dont know why they would not have just walked to the window if they still had tickets? It was completely full from what I saw...

Sorry blurry but my phone died and i took only one as fast as I could. From the VIP Balc, it was packed as far as I could see everywhere. If it wasnt sold out, I would be shocked. And BTW, I went for the new music :thumbsup:

IMAG0158.jpg

Edited by Gunzen2012

10 days notice is more than enough for a hometown gig of a band of GNR's status. Especially when that hometown has a population the size of LA.

According to who, you? Ok, well that settles that. Never mind the fact that it may not actually be true.

http://loudwire.com/falling-in-reverse-singer-ronnie-radke-ecstatic-to-open-for-guns-n-roses/

Ali

Ever the apologist.

Ali thinks Axl is without fault.

You are not allowed to say anything about Axl unless it is 100% worshipping him.

What flew up your ass?

Nothing. I just think some of the Nutters are funny. No matter whatever happens, it is never Axl's fault. And if you say something that isn't worshipping Axl, they go on rants about what a hater or cupcake you are.

I prefer being able to have an honest conversation and talk about the band or a situation.....without worshipping Axl like be is a God, or bringing up the slash-v-Axl or new band vs old band crap in every topic.

No matter whatever happens, it is never Axl's fault.

For the life of me there is not a single thing I can blame Axl Rose, or anyone else I don't know for. WTF is wrong with you? Do you know him? Was he supposed to paint your house, and he did a lousy job?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/charlie-sheen-drunk-guns-n-roses/

Lol Epic

In your opinion, what he really thought of the concert?

Holy fuck! :rofl-lol:

I'm pretty sure he meant the "Where is Slash?" thing in a rhetorical and negative way... :shrugs:

Not so sure about the "This is a billion dollar,world-wide concert. Period and end."

Edited by KiraMPD

10 days notice is more than enough for a hometown gig of a band of GNR's status. Especially when that hometown has a population the size of LA.

According to who, you? Ok, well that settles that. Never mind the fact that it may not actually be true.

http://loudwire.com/falling-in-reverse-singer-ronnie-radke-ecstatic-to-open-for-guns-n-roses/

Ali

Ever the apologist.

You are not allowed to say anything about Axl unless it is 100% worshipping him.

What flew up your ass?

Nothing. I just think some of the Nutters are funny. No matter whatever happens, it is never Axl's fault. And if you say something that isn't worshipping Axl, they go on rants about what a hater or cupcake you are.

I prefer being able to have an honest conversation and talk about the band or a situation.....without worshipping Axl like be is a God, or bringing up the slash-v-Axl or new band vs old band crap in every topic.

Honest conversation? Are you kidding me? What happened here was that somebody questioned whether the show was announced too late thus preventing it from being sold out. Ali pointed out that the show WAS categorized as being "sold out" on the 9th of March by posting a link, thus opening up the question of whether scalpers had something to do with the empty seats.

You answer to this was NOT having an honest conversation which would have meant engaging with the evidence at hand but instead writing a shorter version of your never-ending, monotonous little rant about "nutters who worship Axl or bring up Slash" etc, neither of which had anything to do with the link posted. It was just a way of AVOIDING the question raised by name-calling - a pathetic little trick which is the opposite of being "honest".

Ali

Ever the apologist.

What flew up your ass?

Honest conversation? Are you kidding me? What happened here was that somebody questioned whether the show was announced too late thus preventing it from being sold out. Ali pointed out that the show WAS categorized as being "sold out" on the 9th of March by posting a link, thus opening up the question of whether scalpers had something to do with the empty seats.

You answer to this was NOT having an honest conversation which would have meant engaging with the evidence at hand but instead writing a shorter version of your never-ending, monotonous little rant about "nutters who worship Axl or bring up Slash" etc, neither of which had anything to do with the link posted. It was just a way of AVOIDING the question raised by name-calling - a pathetic little trick which is the opposite of being "honest".

Is this CSI now? Evidence, arguments and "AVOIDING" the question........seriously? I'm sure you are a great lady in real life, but seriously, you need to take a deep breath and step away from the computer for a couple days.

Somebody said that the show wasn't sold out. Somebody mentioned that it didn't sell out because it only had 10 days notice. That is what I was commenting on. GnR used to sell out shows in a matter of hours.

I didn't do eight hours of research, make 18 phone calls, and draw up a complex evaluation of the actual attendance, vs cost of tickets, vs how many days notice, compared to every concert any band has ever done in the history of rock music at that site.

It was simply a comment on the issue of if GnR is able to sell out a 4000 seat concert in two weeks time. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

But Nutters like you have to turn every single comment that isn't worshiping Axl into a huge major life-changing incident.

People like you wouldn't be called Nutters if you could just have normal conversations about the band, without freaking out and losing your mind anytime somebody said something that wasn't worshiping Axl. It's really OK. I've been a fan of Axl and GnR since I saw Jungle on Head Banger's Ball back in 1988. I've seen them live several times. Named my last dog Axl. They have been my favorite band for almost 25 years. But unlike you, I realize they are all humans and everybody has mistakes or odd quirks about them. I hate to burst your bubble, but Axl isn't perfect. He isn't a God, and he has made mistakes in his life. When I come to a forum to chat with other fans, I expect them to be open-minded and intelligent enough to discuss everything. The good, bad and the ugly. Not just how awesome and totally cool and rad they are, 100% of the time, with everything they do.

Ali

Ever the apologist.

What flew up your ass?

Is this CSI now? Evidence, arguments and "AVOIDING" the question........seriously? I'm sure you are a great lady in real life, but seriously, you need to take a deep breath and step away from the computer for a couple days.

Somebody said that the show wasn't sold out. Somebody mentioned that it didn't sell out because it only had 10 days notice. That is what I was commenting on. GnR used to sell out shows in a matter of hours.

I didn't do eight hours of research, make 18 phone calls, and draw up a complex evaluation of the actual attendance, vs cost of tickets, vs how many days notice, compared to every concert any band has ever done in the history of rock music at that site.

It was simply a comment on the issue of if GnR is able to sell out a 4000 seat concert in two weeks time. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

But Nutters like you have to turn every single comment that isn't worshiping Axl into a huge major life-changing incident.

People like you wouldn't be called Nutters if you could just have normal conversations about the band, without freaking out and losing your mind anytime somebody said something that wasn't worshiping Axl. It's really OK. I've been a fan of Axl and GnR since I saw Jungle on Head Banger's Ball back in 1988. I've seen them live several times. Named my last dog Axl. They have been my favorite band for almost 25 years. But unlike you, I realize they are all humans and everybody has mistakes or odd quirks about them. I hate to burst your bubble, but Axl isn't perfect. He isn't a God, and he has made mistakes in his life. When I come to a forum to chat with other fans, I expect them to be open-minded and intelligent enough to discuss everything. The good, bad and the ugly. Not just how awesome and totally cool and rad they are, 100% of the time, with everything they do.

I didn't do "eight hours of research". I recalled the first few lines of a Google Alert message I received for GN'R. So, about 10 seconds of research actually.

Of course they're all human, make mistakes, can be assholes, etc. That's not the point. The point is I provided something that disputed what someone said, and you jumped on, and rather than arguing on the merits of the points being made, you took a potshot. As rightfully pointed out by rabia, that's not exactly having a "honest conversation".

Ali

Ali

Ever the apologist.

What flew up your ass?

I didn't do "eight hours of research". I recalled the first few lines of a Google Alert message I received for GN'R. So, about 10 seconds of research actually.

Of course they're all human, make mistakes, can be assholes, etc. That's not the point. The point is I provided something that disputed what someone said, and you jumped on, and rather than arguing on the merits of the points being made, you took a potshot. As rightfully pointed out by rabia, that's not exactly having a "honest conversation".

Ali

Thanks bro. I will keep your thoughts in mind for my future responses. :thumbsup:

Ali

Ever the apologist.

What flew up your ass?

I need to step back from the computer for a few days? With all due respect, I'm not the one with the thousands of posts who convulses with the

same old temper tantrum in every single thread with the same old labelling of everyone with a different opinion as a "nutter". You seem to be suffering unbearable anxiety over the lack of a new album and the continued touring, yet you KEEP posting in the show threads when you cant seem to stomach the shows at all. Why dont you leave those threads to those who are not about to spontaneously combust in the wait for a new album? Why not take your own advice and leave the forum for a few weeks since the only thing you seem to be able to muster up some enthusiasm for is a new album?

You ARE having an argument here, arent you? Who says arguments and evidence are just for CSI? You should try the novel technique of looking for facts while making up your mind about an issue rather than basing your conclusions on your ingrained prejudices and knee-jerk responses. Evidence doesnt mean a forensics investigation - just READING the links posted in this thread BEFORE you comment on them would be enough. Not too hard, is it? Plenty of people seem to manage it, you can too. Take baby steps, one day you'll get there. Nobody asked you to spend hours on research- that's just you trying to habitually drag in assorted irrelevant non-issues because you're stumped and cant defend your serial name-calling. Not a word in my or anyone else's post here suggests anything of that kind and yet its the "nutters" who are losing their minds. :lol: Your idea of a "normal" conversation is to respond to a posted link from a news source with a label thrown in that poster's face. Perhaps you should check the dictionary to enlighten yourself on what "normal" means.

You were commenting on Ali, not on the issue itself, simply because he presented a perspective that you didnt find convenient. You do this continually thread after thread after thread and several posters have pointed this out. But, unable to argue logically you keep up the same routine of trying to hide behind petty little name-calling instead.

Thanks for proving my point- once again, you cant defend your position. Once again, you resort to the tired old "nutter" label achieving nothing except a display of the limitations of both your though process and your vocabulary. :)

Tell me WHO here has said that Axl has never made a mistake or is always awesome? NAME that person and point out their post. Lets see you put your money where your mouth is. You keep hiding behind these phantom accusations but laughably, nobody in this thread has suggested anything REMOTELY like the strawman that you keep erecting as a substitute for people's REAL perspectives which you just cant face. Open-mindedness is a word you shouldn't use since it involves actually listening to people, actually reading what they're saying rather than walking around with a sticker gun that glues labels to people.

Ali

Ever the apologist.

What flew up your ass?

I need to step back from the computer for a few days? With all due respect, I'm not the one with the thousands of posts who convulses with the

same old temper tantrum in every single thread with the same old labelling of everyone with a different opinion as a "nutter". You seem to be suffering unbearable anxiety over the lack of a new album and the continued touring, yet you KEEP posting in the show threads when you cant seem to stomach the shows at all. Why dont you leave those threads to those who are not about to spontaneously combust in the wait for a new album? Why not take your own advice and leave the forum for a few weeks since the only thing you seem to be able to muster up some enthusiasm for is a new album?

You ARE having an argument here, arent you? Who says arguments and evidence are just for CSI? You should try the novel technique of looking for facts while making up your mind about an issue rather than basing your conclusions on your ingrained prejudices and knee-jerk responses. Evidence doesnt mean a forensics investigation - just READING the links posted in this thread BEFORE you comment on them would be enough. Not too hard, is it? Plenty of people seem to manage it, you can too. Take baby steps, one day you'll get there. Nobody asked you to spend hours on research- that's just you trying to habitually drag in assorted irrelevant non-issues because you're stumped and cant defend your serial name-calling. Not a word in my or anyone else's post here suggests anything of that kind and yet its the "nutters" who are losing their minds. :lol: Your idea of a "normal" conversation is to respond to a posted link from a news source with a label thrown in that poster's face. Perhaps you should check the dictionary to enlighten yourself on what "normal" means.

You were commenting on Ali, not on the issue itself, simply because he presented a perspective that you didnt find convenient. You do this continually thread after thread after thread and several posters have pointed this out. But, unable to argue logically you keep up the same routine of trying to hide behind petty little name-calling instead.

Thanks for proving my point- once again, you cant defend your position. Once again, you resort to the tired old "nutter" label achieving nothing except a display of the limitations of both your though process and your vocabulary. :)

Tell me WHO here has said that Axl has never made a mistake or is always awesome? NAME that person and point out their post. Lets see you put your money where your mouth is. You keep hiding behind these phantom accusations but laughably, nobody in this thread has suggested anything REMOTELY like the strawman that you keep erecting as a substitute for people's REAL perspectives which you just cant face. Open-mindedness is a word you shouldn't use since it involves actually listening to people, actually reading what they're saying rather than walking around with a sticker gun that glues labels to people.

Are you taking any creative writing classes? You have great use of adjectives and hyperbole to try and make your points. While 95% of what you posted in this long tirade is clearly not true, it was enjoyable to read. So I thank you for that. Though you take yourself and this forum a little too seriously, I will give you a brief response.

Nutters aren't people who disagree with me. They are people who praise everything Axl does, and people that go into attack mode if anybody dares not worship something that Axl did. Luckily, the majority of fans on this forum are not Nutters. There are only 5-or-6 of you.

The shows. Unbareable anxiety? HHmm. Ok. I guess you missed the many posts where I said that the show I went to a COUPLE MONTHS ago was probably the best rock show I've ever attended. (Guess you yourself make a lot of assumptions and jump to conclusions as well!)

"You were commenting on Ali, not on the issue itself, simply because he presented a perspective that you didnt find convenient. You do this continually thread after thread after thread and several posters have pointed this out. But, unable to argue logically you keep up the same routine of trying to hide behind petty little name-calling instead." Come on, you are a smart girl. I didn't expect you to go down this tired road. So when people agree with YOU - then they are presenting their honest, well-informed, intelligent opinion. And when people that agree with YOU resort to name-calling or insulting people (like you do in your post, funny how that works) then it is just because they are frustrated and the other side forced them to do it. And the "several posters" are the same exact posters who continually argue the other side of the debate!

So basically in your little world, only people that agree with you should be allowed to voice their opinion. THose that don't agree with you, then you label them, insult them, and say they just keep repeating the same biased responses, etc. Why the double standard?????

If Ali and I had a debate and had 10 responses each back and forth - you would bash me for it, and you wouldn't say a word to Ali about it - because you agree with his side. You don't hold both sides of the debate to the same core value or standard. You have different standards for people, depending if you agree with what they are saying or not.

Temper tantrums, explosions, anxiety......good stuff, very creative. The Nutters like you make me laugh! But sure. Wanting a new album from my favorite band in the world dominates my life. It's all I think about. I sit home 24-7 and go from crying to being mad to crying to depression to wanting to explode. How ever will I survive the rest of my life if Axl continues to put one album out every 20 years. I might have an anxiety attack and never recover.

But on a more serious note.....I did get some chuckles out of your long post, so I thank you for that. And as die-hard as you defend everything Axl does, you should be proud to be a Nutter!!!!

(Or the short response to your 5 paragraph post would be for me to just suggest that you take all your own advice and apply it to yourself as well!!!!)

Edited by Groghan

Are you taking any creative writing classes? You have great use of adjectives and hyperbole to try and make your points. While 95% of what you posted in this long tirade is clearly not true, it was enjoyable to read. So I thank you for that. Though you take yourself and this forum a little too seriously, I will give you a brief response.

Nutters aren't people who disagree with me. They are people who praise everything Axl does, and people that go into attack mode if anybody dares not worship something that Axl did. Luckily, the majority of fans on this forum are not Nutters. There are only 5-or-6 of you.

The shows. Unbareable anxiety? HHmm. Ok. I guess you missed the many posts where I said that the show I went to a COUPLE MONTHS ago was probably the best rock show I've ever attended. (Guess you yourself make a lot of assumptions and jump to conclusions as well!)

"You were commenting on Ali, not on the issue itself, simply because he presented a perspective that you didnt find convenient. You do this continually thread after thread after thread and several posters have pointed this out. But, unable to argue logically you keep up the same routine of trying to hide behind petty little name-calling instead." Come on, you are a smart girl. I didn't expect you to go down this tired road. So when people agree with YOU - then they are presenting their honest, well-informed, intelligent opinion. And when people that agree with YOU resort to name-calling or insulting people (like you do in your post, funny how that works) then it is just because they are frustrated and the other side forced them to do it. And the "several posters" are the same exact posters who continually argue the other side of the debate!

So basically in your little world, only people that agree with you should be allowed to voice their opinion. THose that don't agree with you, then you label them, insult them, and say they just keep repeating the same biased responses, etc. Why the double standard?????

If Ali and I had a debate and had 10 responses each back and forth - you would bash me for it, and you wouldn't say a word to Ali about it - because you agree with his side. You don't hold both sides of the debate to the same core value or standard. You have different standards for people, depending if you agree with what they are saying or not.

Temper tantrums, explosions, anxiety......good stuff, very creative. The Nutters like you make me laugh! But sure. Wanting a new album from my favorite band in the world dominates my life. It's all I think about. I sit home 24-7 and go from crying to being mad to crying to depression to wanting to explode. How ever will I survive the rest of my life if Axl continues to put one album out every 20 years. I might have an anxiety attack and never recover.

But on a more serious note.....I did get some chuckles out of your long post, so I thank you for that. And as die-hard as you defend everything Axl does, you should be proud to be a Nutter!!!!

(Or the short response to your 5 paragraph post would be for me to just suggest that you take all your own advice and apply it to yourself as well!!!!)

Haha! I'm using hyperbole? I stated the plain facts. Too bad you cant stomach them. You were the one hallucinating that people expect you to do 4 hours of research to reply to one posted link when nobody said a WORD to that effect- you're hardly fit to be making accusations of hyperbole. I asked you a simple question- who here has said that Axl has never made any mistakes or that one must worship everything he does. You embraced your well-deserved failure by not naming a single one because there isnt anybody who fits that description. As always you're having a boxing match with the shadows in your own head. :D

I made no "assumptions", just went by your countless posts in which you've expressed your clear intolerance for the continued shows. What you said 2 months ago does nothing to change that. As I said, all you seem to want is a new album- nothing else has any worth in your eyes. So why keep posting in show threads?

I take the forum too seriously? Haha! I'm not the one who thinks that posting an incessant lamentation about the lack of a new album over and over will make it magically materialize. I find your absurd pretensions of being some kind of mountain of wisdom dispensing enlightenment to a crowd of "nutters" very amusing and will feel free to mock said pretensions as many times as I want. :) Why shouldn't I do it in 5 paragraphs or more when its so much fun to do it at length? How about you count the millions of word you've spent on your monotonous rants in thousands of posts.

I said nothing whatsoever about people agreeing with me being intelligent or honest etc- that's you trying to put words in my mouth again, the only thing you can do. I simply pointed out that YOU are incapable of having an honest conversation. You have proved that yet again in this thread by labelling me and Ali and groaning about mysterious unnamed people demanding 4 hours research from you. :rofl-lol: Nobody asked you to stop posting altogether so the all too familiar, hurt little victim, pushed against the wall act is entirely meaningless- I've simply asked you WHY you keep posting in show threads when you simply dont want this continued touring? You failed to answer because you HAVE no answer.

Haha! If you and Ali or anybody else had 20 posts back and forth, why would I care? I never said anything against having an argument to present your positions- I questioned your response to a link that you CLEARLY didnt even bother to read by attaching a label to Ali because this is what you do over and over to different posters in different threads. You have no time for scary things like facts- youre just focused on your "right" to spout your nauseating, hysterical labels.

I dont know how you would survive if Axl didsnt release any more albums but I have a very good idea- you can copy and paste the same litany of complaints to multiple threads over and over again from here to eternity because clearly this is having such a huge impact. :lol:

The irony is that I didnt say a word here to "defend" any of Axl's actions but since you couldn't defend your own behaviour as always, so you dreamt up a "nutter" assault as always. :) How sadly empty is your bag of tricks.

Edited by rabia