Do you have AFD with the original cover artwork ?

gnr2012

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I own it. I wrote a paper on the meaning in my college art class. Since it is art it can be interpreted in many ways. The way I wrote was the robot raped the girl and the monster jumps over the fence to eat him (Possibly the girl as well) which is where the name of the painting (Appetite For Destruction) comes from. It seems odd but i think it was really fitting.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

There's some detail to it - Big robot, attacking smaller robot, who attacked the girl selling toy robots, there's some meaning to it, but as Williams said, he did those paintings for afterhour clubs where you have a good buzz going on and start looking at it.

It's not a sexist painting because the rape robot is about to be destroyed for what it did.

There's some detail to it - Big robot, attacking smaller robot, who attacked the girl selling toy robots, there's some meaning to it, but as Williams said, he did those paintings for afterhour clubs where you have a good buzz going on and start looking at it.

It's not a sexist painting because the rape robot is about to be destroyed for what it did.

Not sure if you were replying to my post but when I asked how can one tell if it is a reprint or not I was refering to the robot cover from 1987 to the robot cover I've been seeing around. Some are expensive while others are not. Did they re-issue the robot cover when they re-released the 180gr classic Skull cover?

Not sure if you were replying to my post but when I asked how can one tell if it is a reprint or not I was refering to the robot cover from 1987 to the robot cover I've been seeing around. Some are expensive while others are not. Did they re-issue the robot cover when they re-released the 180gr classic Skull cover?

The re-issue of the banned artwork was released in 2008, which I'm pretty sure is when the "back to black" 180g re-issues came out. (not sure if the banned artwork was 180g or not)

The re-issue of the banned artwork was released in 2008, which I'm pretty sure is when the "back to black" 180g re-issues came out. (not sure if the banned artwork was 180g or not)

Thanks. The copy at my local record store must be that then (selling for like $20 or $25). My gf bought me the 180g re-issue version so I'll likely pass on the banned one.

I don't know in America, but over here the the tattoo cover is pretty rare, this cover show up more then the tattoo one... I paid like €11(~$15) with shipping for the LP with this cover...

You're right. This cover is more common here in Europe/Holland than the one with the AFD logo.

Maybe because we are more open-minded and don't label something controversial so fast wink.gif

Funny i live in Europe and never saw the alternative AFD cover