DJ ASHBA TALKS JOINING GUNS N’ ROSES, GETTING INVOLVED WITH BAND’S NEW ALBUM

saades

Look, the biggest problem I have with DJ is how he always has to promote himself.....it's almost as if he's trying to expose himself as much as he can because of his involvement in GN'R. If you watched those guitar rig videos with all 3 members recently, I felt embarrased for DJ, as he tried to promote his signature guitar's, clothing line AND minature guitar replicas (yeah really). :krider:

I think DJ has improved alot with his guitar playing since joining GN'R, but he just isn't my cup of tea, but can appreciate people liking him.

And these interviews are the same interview he has been giving since early 2010, we all know he wants to get in the studio. But sometimes it seems as if we've heard it all a dozen times, and members like Ron and Richard have become wise to this and don't give as much interviews as before, or they don't mention GN'R, and make it clear that it's not a GN'R interview.....

I know fans have complained in the past about not hearing anything at all, but I have to feel that Ron's and Richards approach to interviews is much better than just saying the same thing over and over again.

Just my view. :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, the biggest problem I have with DJ is how he always has to promote himself.....it's almost as if he's trying to expose himself as much as he can because of his involvement in GN'R. If you watched those guitar rig videos with all 3 members recently, I felt embarrased for DJ, as he tried to promote his signature guitar's, clothing line AND minature guitar replicas (yeah really). :krider:

I think DJ has improved alot with his guitar playing since joining GN'R, but he just isn't my cup of tea, but can appreciate people liking him.

And these interviews are the same interview he has been giving since early 2010, we all know he wants to get in the studio. But sometimes it seems as if we've heard it all a dozen times, and members like Ron and Richard have become wise to this and don't give as much interviews as before, or they don't mention GN'R, and make it clear that it's not a GN'R interview.....

I know fans have complained in the past about not hearing anything at all, but I have to feel that Ron's and Richards approach to interviews is much better than just saying the same thing over and over again.

Just my view. :)

"the biggest problem I have with DJ is how he always has to promote himself.."

this.

I hope he visits the fora. Becuase he may realize how useless and boring he is. I honestly hope he gets fired.

Who's useless and boring?

Ashba. I thought it was pretty clear.

Chloe your language must be a very weird one. Do you guys really use the third person to refer to yourselves? Weird.

LOLWUT

Not familiar with grammar? :shock:

Were you born yesterday or what?

Look, let me make it clear for you kiddo. I said that he is boring and useless. How could I have been referring to myself? :crazy:

Are you stupid or just never went to school?

Edited by Sonic Reducer

I hope he visits the fora. Becuase he may realize how useless and boring he is. I honestly hope he gets fired.

Chloe your language must be a very weird one. Do you guys really use the third person to refer to yourselves? Weird.

LOLWUT

Look, let me make it clear for you kiddo. I said that he is boring and useless. How could I have been referring to myself? :crazy:

Kiddo? Tough guy over here.

Haha! Yeah I actually NEVER went to school. I got into college without having any schooling whatsoever! Gimme a fuckin' break.

I was calling you useless and boring because you said DJ was. It was a simple joke and I don't know where you got the 3rd person talking from.

I'm sorry if I offended you...I guess? Sorta.

Edited by Chloe

yea what an idiot. promoting himself during promotional appearances. the nerve of that guy.

Interviews are not a way to sell things. If you do that all the time, you will not be a reliable source anyways.

what's he selling in that article?

Besides himself as a producer/songwriter/whatever and Sixx AM??

Anyways, we were talking about his "promotional appearances". Take that guitar rig interview for example.

um, doing an interview is a promotional appearance. do you think he's being interviewed to offer his thoughts on the stock market? he's being interviewed because he's a famous producer/songwriter/member of sixxam/member of gnr.

And to promote his miniguitar and Ashbaland clothes. :thumbsup:

there was no mention of either of those things in the article posted.

When I said my comments about that, I was never targeting this article.....But my general feeling towards DJ, and why I feel the way I do about him.

Who remembers that photo of DJ Ashba in that Hat, with dark glasses on?. He had the GN'R logo posted on the photo too, and this was a few months before he even played his first show with GN'R.

Who remembers the twitter message DJ posted, when he was touring with GN'R in South America. Where he thought it was cool, to tell the world how he went off on a hotel lady about not being allowed to smoke in the room..... and even went as far as to insult her.

Who remembers when DJ had the Chinese Democracy artwork plastered all over his myspace, website and other media outlets.....as if he had something to do with creating it.

And the most recent case of those guitar rig videos, when Ron and Richard was interested in explaining their gear and effects. And then you have DJ, who in the first few minutes let's the interviewer know about his signature guitar series, his clothing line, his miniture replica guitar models and also his damn hat.......and if you watch it back it's quite uncomfortable how he just brings them into the conversation.

So MSL, we are not talking about THIS exact article, but the countless others......and why some fans don't like DJ, and the reasons I just stated are just a few of many. :book:

Edited by One.In.A.Million

those seem like pretty silly reasons to not like him. a good reason to not like him would be if you didn't like his playing or his writing.

I don't like his playing or writing, I've never made any secrets about that.

But I actually think that those are not reasons for not liking someone personally, why would I dislike someone just because I don't dig their playing?. But all of those reasons I listed are valid reasons why a person would not like DJ's persona, and that's a cause to not like someone personally........when you know how their character is compared to other members in GN'R, who have been in the band for years more than DJ, and don't use it to their own gain. :rolleyes:

LOLWUT

Kiddo? Tough guy over here.

Haha! Yeah I actually NEVER went to school. I got into college without having any schooling whatsoever! Gimme a fuckin' break.

I was calling you useless and boring because you said DJ was. It was a simple joke and I don't know where you got the 3rd person talking from.

I'm sorry if I offended you...I guess? Sorta.

But I said I was talkin about Ashba... :rolleyes:

Maybe if you actually read other people posts before replying that would make things easier. I said before:

Anyways, we were talking about his "promotional appearances". Take that guitar rig interview for example.

I could dig for many more examples, but I won't waste my time.

And I said that because of this:

yea what an idiot. promoting himself during promotional appearances. the nerve of that guy.

When I said my comments about that, I was never targeting this article.....But my general feeling towards DJ, and why I feel the way I do about him.

Who remembers that photo of DJ Ashba in that Hat, with dark glasses on?. He had the GN'R logo posted on the photo too, and this was a few months before he even played his first show with GN'R.

Who remembers the twitter message DJ posted, when he was touring with GN'R in South America. Where he thought it was cool, to tell the world how he went off on a hotel lady about not being allowed to smoke in the room..... and even went as far as to insult her.

Who remembers when DJ had the Chinese Democracy artwork plastered all over his myspace, website and other media outlets.....as if he had something to do with creating it.

And the most recent case of those guitar rig videos, when Ron and Richard was interested in explaining their gear and effects. And then you have DJ, who in the first few minutes let's the interviewer know about his signature guitar series, his clothing line, his miniture replica guitar models and also his damn hat.......and if you watch it back it's quite uncomfortable how he just brings them into the conversation.

So MSL, we are not talking about THIS exact article, but the countless others......and why some fans don't like DJ, and the reasons I just stated are just a few of many. :book:

Hmm, so it has nothing to do with the fact that he replaced Robin Finck? :rolleyes:

Ali

Hmm, so it has nothing to do with the fact that he replaced Robin Finck? :rolleyes:

Ali

To be honest NO, alot of those factors I mentioned is something that has NOTHING to do with Robin Finck...

Bumblefoot replaced another one of my favourite members in Buckethead, but I love Ron to bits and wouldn't have it any other way now he's in the band. :ph34r:

Ali, I don't know if you trust me, but I can say the same as One.In.A.Million. I was sure disapointed about Robin's departure, but I was also honestly hoping for someone as good. Dunno who, just thought about the same kind of thing that happened with Bucket and Bumble. Instead, it was an unpleasant surprise to get to know Ashba for me, more like a step back actually.

an interview is a promotional appearance

Because you call yourself a journalist, right?

Its ok if you promote something, like a movie, or a tour. But not if you're being interviewd about X and start to talk about Y.

Shall I draw it for you now?

Edited by Voodoochild

Ali

To be honest NO, alot of those factors I mentioned is something that has NOTHING to do with Robin Finck...

Bumblefoot replaced another one of my favourite members in Buckethead, but I love Ron to bits and wouldn't have it any other way now he's in the band. :ph34r:

It would be understandable if it was a factor. It would be natural. I think having someone replace your favorite player may make you more apt to get irritated by things others may consider more minor.

Ali

I like DJ and his playing style and his signature guitars and his clothes. I think GnR is better with him than without out him. He's a pretty cool dude IMO. I think he was right on in saying it took a little while for fans to warm up to him. I know that was how it was for me.

I like DJ and his playing style and his signature guitars and his clothes. I think GnR is better with him than without out him. He's a pretty cool dude IMO. I think he was right on in saying it took a little while for fans to warm up to him. I know that was how it was for me.

:thumbsup: