think we'll get more us shows in the fall?

cuneo77

if the world live is killer

I was there. Front row. The rasp was KILLER. I'm glad I saw him in 2010 'cause this will not happen again.

Now that I remember I recorded the whole show with a 1080p camera I just need to find my memory card. :tongue2:

I do have to admit, his voice sounds killer here... Wonder how he kicked so much ass in 2010 vocally compared to 2011 and most of 2012(sans Philly)...

To be honest I think we need new material to keep things exciting

We need the General, Thyme, Soul Monster, Checkmate and Atlas Shrugged.

Even one new song... I was listening to The General intro(live of course) just before and thinking "my god, no other artist makes epic sounding music like this" and just wondering how insane that song will be....

I think Axl's been using the advice he once gave Sebastian Bach regarding Slave To The Grind I don't have the exact quote but it's in one of the Sebastian Bach interviews. Something about Axl saying Sebastian should tour the shit out of Slave To The Grind I pretty much think that's what Axl's doing with Chinese Democracy.

Even one new song... I was listening to The General intro(live of course) just before and thinking "my god, no other artist makes epic sounding music like this" and just wondering how insane that song will be....

You know it is going to be the best song ever just from the intro alone.

I think Axl's been using the advice he once gave Sebastian Bach regarding Slave To The Grind I don't have the exact quote but it's in one of the Sebastian Bach interviews. Something about Axl saying Sebastian should tour the shit out of Slave To The Grind I pretty much think that's what Axl's doing with Chinese Democracy.

And that is exactly what he is doing, let me find a quote.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/specials/axl-speaks/interview04.shtml

Just said his focus is Chinese Democracy. Did the same thing with UYI, toured the shit out of it.

Edited by BirdCatcher

You know it is going to be the best song ever just from the intro alone.

And that is exactly what he is doing, let me find a quote.

It has a majestic feel to it, like a movie soundtrack or something Disney although in a more sinister, morbid tone. As much as I want to hear it, I don't want it to leak. I want to listen to the next record as a whole, totally mastered as intended. But dammit it would be so cool to hear it!

Edited by Young_Gun

I think GNR are going to keep touring until they get signed to a new label. I'd like to see them put 2 new songs out this year, just because that's what will generate interest.

As far as opening acts go - anyone know if it's helped them build a bigger fanbase?

...but he's touring the shit out of Appetite and the Greatest Hits album.

...but he's touring the shit out of Appetite and the Greatest Hits album.

And half of Chinese Democracy.

We do? Why? Are they earth shattering or something? Or how would anyone know? It could be a buncha songs that sound like My World...

I'm perfectly satified with the band's catalog and with them touring if they feel the need to so people can go out and have a great time. This is how all of you should feel as well, not constantly looking for reasons to complain. The band is ACTIVE, you guys. Doesn't anyone remember when they WEREN'T?!