Do you think it's time for Axl to get serious and announce a release date for CD II?

ITW 2012

Do you think it's time for Axl to get serious and announce a release date for CD II? This Hall of Fame induction is going to get the GNR name a lot of publicity. Right after the induction would be the perfect time for Axl to prove he is is serious about moving forward with the GNR name by announcing a CD II release date and then playing some new songs on the upcoming tour.

They should put out a press release the moment the RRHOF ceremony ends with an album title, release date, name of first single, release date for it, etc. Though as much as I love Axl, striking while the iron hot has never been something he's great at... :(

not understanding why old lineups of the band being inducted into HOF is the perfect time to announce new album w/ current lineup. would actually seem like the worst time.

Because the GNR name that Axl paid for will be getting a lot of publicity.

not understanding why old lineups of the band being inducted into HOF is the perfect time to announce new album w/ current lineup. would actually seem like the worst time.

Better than in total silence, right? After all, it's the same name.

yeah, GnR name was always Axl idea and vision. I guess the hype involving the induction would help sales. Sure, some people would be fooled, but I believe there are people out there that believe Slash is still in the band... Even after all these years. I share the same dream scenario of some people here.

Right after RNRHOF, press release, new single, release date. That would be awesome...

Do you think it's time for Axl to get serious and announce a release date for CD II? This Hall of Fame induction is going to get the GNR name a lot of publicity. Right after the induction would be the perfect time for Axl to prove he is is serious about moving forward with the GNR name by announcing a CD II release date and then playing some new songs on the upcoming tour.

Yes, but not because the rnrhof.

The induction concern the old band.

Well, let me say this:

YES!

It would only make sense for them release a new album before touring Europe AGAIN. And if they are going to play South America and the US (as DJ implied) I can't see them doing it again without something new out.

I don't understand why people are saying it would be "bad" for Axl to announce a release date for a new album around the RRHOF induction ceremony. It's HIS band now, he own's the name. If he wants to use the buzz about Guns N' Roses to release a new album by his band, by all means do it! Sure, some people may be pissed off, some of the media may find it a cheap tactic, but when has Axl cared about the media? If it means we (the diehard fans) get to hear new music by a great artist in Axl Rose, them I'm up for anything!

Unfortunately though, I see the most likely situation is no new songs or album during or before the European tour. I hope I'm wrong though on that note.

Come on Axl, surprise us.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

GNR 1-6 -

Historical versions of GNR are being inducted into the HOF. I think it would be very poorly received if an album was announced the next day in an effort to cause confusion. A few weeks later while the brand is fresh in people's minds? Sure. I don't see a problem with that.

But trying to directly piggy back off the HOF induction is not something I think Axl would do.

Yeah, that's what I was initially going to say. If Axl wanted to announce a release date a week or two after the ceremony, then it'll be good because the buzz of GN'R will still be in the air.

No, I would love to wait for years more.

Funny!

Sadly, it may actually end up being the case... Fucken Elvis has put out more new material than Axl has in the past 20 years and Elvis has been dead for over 30.

Edited by Young_Gun