ALAN NIVEN: "Let's talk about those feathered tulle, those white shorts ... but you're right..."

auad

In the interview, Niven says he's sorta producing/managing this young guitar player called Chris Buck. Is there anyone here (maybe FuddMcKagan or Mango?) who used to post on gnrsource and remember him? I think he's some guy from UK who used to post there, he had all of these videos where he was playing gnr tunes. His nickname was something like Bucky or BuckSlash, if I'm not wrong. If it's him, well, congrats. :thumbsup:

Edited by Twinaleblood

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record Axl is not bi sexual. Rocket Queen is about a girl that Axl was seeing named Barbi. Also a lot of people think it was about Adriana Smith becouse she added some nice sound effects to the recording. Alan didn't come around till late 1986 and the the song was put together in Sept of 85. Alan never got over that fact that Axl fired him. The bi sexual quote was not true and was out of line. Alan feels he worked hard for the band and got the short end of the stick.

Edited by recklessroad

Just for the record Axl is not bi sexual. Rocket Queen is about a girl that Axl was seeing named Barbi. Also a lot of people think it was about Adriana Smith because she added some nice sound effects to the recording. Alan didn't come around till late 1986 and the the song was put together in Sept of 85. Alan never got over that fact that Axl fired him. The bi sexual quote was not true and was out of line. Alan feels he worked hard for the band and got the short end of the stick.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: Thanks for the info Marc!

Just for the record Axl is not bi sexual. Rocket Queen is about a girl that Axl was seeing named Barbi. Also a lot of people think it was about Adriana Smith becouse she added some nice sound effects to the recording. Alan didn't come around till late 1986 and the the song was put together in Sept of 85. Alan never got over that fact that Axl fired him. The bi sexual quote was not true and was out of line. Alan feels he worked hard for the band and got the short end of the stick.

Yeah, I don't dislike Alan Niven, alot of what he says seems to hold some truth... and he was there in the bands circle at one point. BUT making a comment like that is stupid and childish, like Marc just said, Rocket Queen was written about a girl, Axl loves girls....end of.

I don't care if Axl was or wasn't, but the way Niven said that comment was said in a way to get the upper hand. Niven is just a bitter ex collegue of Axl, and he feels like he got the bad end of the bargain during his time with GN'R.

Edited by One.In.A.Million

Thanks Marc, I never thought that for a second anyway, alan is still angry

Thanks for letting us know, Marc :)

What a lame thing for Alan to say. What does he expect to gain from lying? I guess he's just another bitter person Axl has to deal with to this day still.

Thanks for letting us know, Marc :)

What a lame thing for Alan to say. What does he expect to gain from lying? I guess he's just another bitter person Axl has to deal with to this day still.

Yes thankyou. it was lame for Alan to say that. But watching 4 seasons of TRUEBLOOd has made me much more open minded. <_<

But this Alan Nivem guy is still very, very bitter. he really needs to move on.

Do you think Niv got the short end of the stick Marc?

So I totally misread that section. I thought he was speaking metaphorically. Like Axl is bisexual metaphorically, which I agree with. The guy can write a song like Locomotive or Right Next Door to Hell and then turn around and write SCOM and This I Love.

Kind of random, but before I was a fan of Guns, I was completely convinced Axl was gay and in-the-closet. :lol:

Any entertainer could be considered bi or gay if they wanted to look hard for it.

Basing his sexual orientation on bike shorts and a furry jacket is stupid, esp when you're talking about the bands at that time.

I think some of Axl's musical heroes like Freddie or Elton got him past any homophobia he may have had, but I'm sure just like any young guy without a car in LA, he got plenty of offers for a ride with the "wanna get high" line.

Thank you for that post. The history of the song Rocket Queen is part of GN'R history and its hard to imagine that Niven wouldn't have read about it even if he wasnt there when the song was being written. He is trying to make something confusing when it simply isnt.

He also plays to the gallery about how essential Steven was to the band etc but conveniently never mentions that he was very much instrumental in giving Steven the legal ultimatum to clean up or go which lead to Steven's ouster. Slash mentions in his book that this ultimatum was presented by Axl and Alan Niven.