Eddie Trunk on Axl Rose, rnrHOF & GnR reunion.

AGS

A lot of speculation there,and personal opinion.

Don't agree with everything he said.

I'll say this though...you'd see a completely different blog if all 5 guys had shown up...even if they jusy got up there and graciously accepted and went on their way.

Eddie Trunk would be jizzing his fucking pants and gushing about how it was the right thing to do.

Could not have said it better myself.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like the Oscars, people don't vote for who should get the Best Movie of the Year award.

Why would fans decide which bands should get inducted in the HOF ? Eddie is being a little bit demagogic there :shrugs:

I think you're missing the point. He's saying those who complain that Axl isn't doing what he should for the fans should recall that this institution is not about the fans to begin with.

Ali

I'll say this though...you'd see a completely different blog if all 5 guys had shown up...even if they jusy got up there and graciously accepted and went on their way.

Eddie Trunk would be jizzing his fucking pants and gushing about how it was the right thing to do.

Yeah, I don't think so. He hates the hall. He may not bash the decision, but he wouldn't praise it like you think.

Ali

Not talking about the hall.

Talking about the 5 guys from GnR showing up.

Guest gunns5

Yeah, I don't think so. He hates the hall. He may not bash the decision, but he wouldn't praise it like you think.

Ali

which is why he comes out AFTER Axl has said his stance on the induction, and Eddie has been very forward with saying Axl made the right choice.

People change their tune when it suits them, I know Eddie hates the hall of fame, but he never mentioned this until Axl made his decision.

Yeah, I think Eddie doesn't hate the HOF in itself, he just hates some bosses of the HOF, it's something personal probably. Maybe Jan Wenner didn't want Eddie as a writer in Rolling Stone, I don't know.

Sounds like Eddie is seeking revenge on some of the HOF people who did something to him

Edited by Mao5

Eddie wants his own Hall of Fame with Iron Maiden and Judas Priest as The Beatles and Stones.

I think he feels metal bands are overlooked and underappreciated. I happen to agree. They should be given more consideration along more mainstream rock acts, not instead of.

Ali

Ali

which is why he comes out AFTER Axl has said his stance on the induction, and Eddie has been very forward with saying Axl made the right choice.

People change their tune when it suits them, I know Eddie hates the hall of fame, but he never mentioned this until Axl made his decision.

Didnt he said it (besides other million times) in front of Axl in TMS interview? (i just cant find the video) :book:

Edited by AGS

Ali

Not talking about the hall.

Talking about the 5 guys from GnR showing up.

You're talking about Eddie Trunk's reaction in that case. I happen to disagree with your assessment.

Ali

It's like the Oscars, people don't vote for who should get the Best Movie of the Year award.

Why would fans decide which bands should get inducted in the HOF ? Eddie is being a little bit demagogic there :shrugs:

The Oscars are full of shit too, so way to torpedo your own argument...

Yeah, they've been a joke since 1995.

Not really a joke when all the actors and directors want to win it

Eddie wants his own Hall of Fame with Iron Maiden and Judas Priest as The Beatles and Stones.

I think he feels metal bands are overlooked and underappreciated. I happen to agree. They should be given more consideration along more mainstream rock acts, not instead of.

Ali

i agree with this so very much one thing that really was the last straw for me when it comes to the hall of fame (among many other things that pisses me off) is when sabbath got inducted how the fuck doesnt dio and vinnie get in with them? if dizzy and sorum get in for gnr how the fuck doesnt these 2 get in with sabbath?

nevermind not having

iron maiden

judas preist

motorhead

deep purple

slayer

megadeth

candlemass

saint vitus

rainbow

dio(in any capacity)

and the list goes on and on even though i dislike kiss alot they should be in IMO

Edited by bran

Logic?

If Oscars were a joke, nobody would give a shit about them.That's not the case. Actors and directors do care about the Oscars.

You don't like the Oscars, that's fine. It doesn't mean they're a joke, it's just your opinion. Same thing with the RRHOF.

Comprende ?

Edited by Mao5

Ali

How could Eddie Trunk give his reaction to Axl's statement before Axl actually made his statement? He couldn't! So, of course this interview occurred after that.

Ali

Ali

I think that's his real beef.

Logic?

If Oscars were a joke, nobody would give a shit about them.That's not the case. Actors and directors do care about the Oscars.

You don't like the Oscars, that's fine. It doesn't mean they're a joke, it's just your opinion. Same thing with the RRHOF.

5 Reasons The Oscars Matter Even Less Than You Thought

Ali

yeah that is his biggest problem but he has gone to bat for alot of non metal bands thin lizzy and rush being among them.

Guest gunns5

Ali

Didnt he said it (besides other million times) in front of Axl in TMS interview? (i just cant find the video) :book:

Yes I know his been public with his stance on the hall of fame, maybe I wasn't clear enough, im talking about Eddie going into detail about his speculation as to why Axl didn't do it based upon his interpretation of Axl's letter. And then mentioning the TMS interview (again) to build upon his view of the situation to make it seem more credible, when in actual fact, hes just saying all the right things to suit his intentions.

Eddie Trunk, you mean the guy who gave what was possibly the wost tongue in ass interview ever given last year. Go read LA Times' interview of Axl to understand how you do your job.

Come on, this guy is all about is own motives. He loves Axl, he hates the R&RHOF. Of course he's going to come out in favour or Axl spiking his own induction (especially after the fact; we never heard him make this point before Axl wrote the letter).

It amazes me that he tries to defend Axl's actions as a means to protect the GNR legacy. Talk about total nonsense. And no Eddie, not everyone is pissed because Axl wouldn't get up onstage or show up. Some of us love the band Guns N' Roses, you know, the band that made songs like Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child, Patience, Don't Cry, Coma, Rocket Queen, Paradise City, You Could Be Mine and have had enough with Axl's "me-first" attitude when it comes to people's perceptions of what the band is.

Ali

He said he's happy the HOF that has snubbed so many greats has been snubbed for once. I don't think he's making a secret of his feelings and motivations.

But, his motivations aside, he hit the nail on the head. I believe the HOF wanted buzz and the biggest buzz they could have had in 2012 was from a GN'R reunion.

Ali

Logic?

5 Reasons The Oscars Matter Even Less Than You Thought

Citizen Kane is regarded the best American film of all time. Didn't win a single Oscar.

Well it won for writing

Edited by BirdCatcher

Axl has always likes Eddie, ever since their first interview when he didn't ask him stupid questions about reunions, just about the current band. Eddie does to Axl what few journalists do. Respect him. See things from his point of view.

Of course Axl is going to want to see him again.

Well yeah because Eddie gives soft interviews and kisses ass. If anything, he's kissing Axl's ass so he can score another interview.

Eddie Trunk, you mean the guy who gave what was possibly the wost tongue in ass interview ever given last year. Go read LA Times' interview of Axl to understand how you do your job.

Come on, this guy is all about is own motives. He loves Axl, he hates the R&RHOF. Of course he's going to come out in favour or Axl spiking his own induction (especially after the fact; we never heard him make this point before Axl wrote the letter).

It amazes me that he tries to defend Axl's actions as a means to protect the GNR legacy. Talk about total nonsense. And no Eddie, not everyone is pissed because Axl wouldn't get up onstage or show up. Some of us love the band Guns N' Roses, you know, the band that made songs like Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child, Patience, Don't Cry, Coma, Rocket Queen, Paradise City, You Could Be Mine and have had enough with Axl's "me-first" attitude when it comes to people's perceptions of what the band is.

I think that it is absolutely clear that a very large portion, if not most, of the people who are upset are upset because they did not get what they wanted/hoped for/expected. The anger and outrage is about denied wishes, dreams, hopes and expectations. Not that I don't understand. But, let's be honest. I've read too many comments, even yours, criticizing Axl's decision as not doing what's right by the fans or thinking of the fans or allowing them to celebrate the past, to believe otherwise.

Ali

Ali

He said he's happy the HOF that has snubbed so many greats has been snubbed for once. I don't think he's making a secret of his feelings and motivations.

But, his motivations aside, he hit the nail on the head. I believe the HOF wanted buzz and the biggest buzz they could have had in 2012 was from a GN'R reunion.

Ali

I think he's blowing with the wind on this one.

Aside from how he feels about the HOF..

Axl,Izzy,Duff,Steven,Slash on the same stage saying thank yous and acknowledging the fans,and what they achieved...and then on their way??

His blogs would be all over that...along with some stains.

I think that it is absolutely clear that a very large portion, if not most, of the people who are upset are upset because they did not get what they wanted/hoped for/expected. The anger and outrage is about denied wishes, dreams, hopes and expectations. Not that I don't understand. But, let's be honest. I've read too many comments, even yours, criticizing Axl's decision as not doing what's right by the fans or thinking of the fans or allowing them to celebrate the past, to believe otherwise.

Ali

Ali, your insistence that the fans should never get what they want is obviously a paradigm that you hold onto that many others, include myself, do not subscribe to. Like I've said many times, having a career in music is based on a semiotic relationship. The artist isn't owned by the fans but deserves to treat them with the ultimate respect for awarding them the opportunity to make the music they want to. Have you ever actually been in a band with real fans? I have, and without our fans we wouldn't have lasted as long as we did. If we had more, we could have kept going. You have to nurture relationship with fans or they go away. You can't continually tell them to fuck off; it's your way or the highway or they're gone.

I fully expected the man not to show, but to rescind his induction is taking to an extreme that was completely unnecessary. Axl has stated that the induction is about the fans and yet denies the induction. If induction means the fans, and Axl says fuck the induction, ergo, he's telling the fans to fuck off. You can believe that this his right, but it's also my right to tell him to fuck off right back. If he doesn't want to honor the fans, he just lost another one.

Other artists have been a no-show to the induction ceremony, but none of them save for the Sex Pistols actually rescinded their own induction. To repeat, this isn't about showing up or performing with the old members. It's about paying respect to the fans. You, Axl and some others around here feel like Axl is above this. I feel differently.