Myles Kennedy Heading to Cleveland...

Nick85

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind Myles and Slash playing together but I don't think it's appropriate for myles to sing at the HOF

ok. well since we know Axl is 100% out here are the options. the guys don't play and it's entirely possible the hall would have Green Day play in their place, or they play and have Billie Joe from GD sing (most likely scenario if not Myles). which option do you want?

1. they don't play then no one wins. not fair to the guys either. if they want to play at their own induction they should be able too. why should Axl declining induction ruin it for them? do you REALLY want GD playing GnR? thanks, but no thanks.

2. they play, great for them and us, but then who sings? if not Myles, who? especially on what seems to be such short notice. sorry, but I'll take Myles over Billie Joe any day without ANY reservation.

I hope not...I do not like Myles Kennedy as a singer at ALL.

This. let Duff do the vocals, if Myles wants to do something, let him play rythm guitar.

I don't mind Myles and Slash playing together but I don't think it's appropriate for myles to sing at the HOF

someone's gotta sing, and Myles can hit the notes without breaking a sweat... :tongue2:

But he lacks the the timbre.

Edited by Chewbacca

if you go here they'll be streaming the backstage press area all night. I've noticed that they have the ceremony in the monitors off to each side of the stage. you can sort of hear what's going on. better than nothing, I guess.

http://www.cleveland.com/rockhall/index.ssf/2012/04/rock_hall_inductions_2012_live_streaming_video.html

edit: btw.. people in the chat under the video just asked about GnR and the guys representing the site said probably about 11pm for them and they're second to last.

edit again: ugh... of course just as I posted that I'm noticing you can't hear audio anymore.... fail... although just noticed that it looks like someone may be coming out for press, so that could be why. hopefully when nothing's going on they'll up the audio again.

apparently Sara Barelles came out and had pics taken. audio is back.

also, Slash and Perla arrived. she posted this pic. looks like Myles' wife over Slash's shoulder, so looks like he's definitely there, too.

AqfHpGcCAAAiknT.jpg

Edited by uctalum01

Obviously Axl sounds way better than Myles.

But, you gotta give credit to Myles if he does this. Can't be an easy thing to go up and try and replace Axl at an event honoring his work in front of other huge musicians.

The 1980s and early 90's Axl sounds way better than Myles. Your statement is inaccurate by a lot in the present though. I say this and I'm not huge on Myles. I think he's an awesomely good singer but also quite bland. In terms of singing talent though... Axl lost his and Myles still has his and probably always will.

Obviously Axl sounds way better than Myles.

But, you gotta give credit to Myles if he does this. Can't be an easy thing to go up and try and replace Axl at an event honoring his work in front of other huge musicians.

The 1980s and early 90's Axl sounds way better than Myles. Your statement is inaccurate by a lot in the present though. I say this and I'm not huge on Myles. I think he's an awesomely good singer but also quite bland. In terms of singing talent though... Axl lost his and Myles still has his and probably always will.

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUCrHW5PfuY

Myles went in,humble as always,and did what was asked of him...(very well I might add).

He helped the guys pay tribute to some of the greatest rock songs ever written.

That was the intent and that's what they achieved...they fuckin rocked it. B)

Myles went in,humble as always,and did what was asked of him...(very well I might add).

He helped the guys pay tribute to some of the greatest rock songs ever written.

That was the intent and that's what they achieved...they fuckin rocked it. B)

Well said!! :)