RNR HALL OF FAME LIVE COVERAGE

JimBobJoeJackJr

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I'm thinking about this whole thing, it should be amazing if Slash would have said: "And finally, I wanted to thank Axl Rose, he didn't want to be here but wherever you are "my friend", thank you!". I would have cried :).

that would have been pretty cool

Oh wow, I could tear up just reading that. Pity he didn't think of it himself - how powerful that would have been.

He probably wanted to, but Axl explicitly asked in the letter not to be named or associated with the band at all. He probably would have sued anyone who mentioned his name. Chris Rock can probably expect a lawsuit of some sort.

Don't want to sound rude or anything but do you guys in America sue over every little thing? Surely not something as trivial as this?

so they did it!.. AWESOME!!!

OLD GNR........... WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Old' GNR?

What we heard was just plain GNR

LA

If you don't believe the current GnR it's actually GnR fine whatever! Then it's not GnR... But then you go and call this GnR? Withouth Izzy and Axl? Seriously?!!! :rofl-lol:

I'm sorry but as of your writing of that, current Gn'R is Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt, and Gilby.

I don't often say this here, but you were too stupid to shut the fuck up and listen to some great stuff tonight and I'm sorry for you. People often use the saying that God gave you two ears and one mouth so you can listen twice as much as you speak. I suppose for a little man begging for attention when he knows he'll have a big audience, it's even worse given you have ten fingers and only two ears. You're probably that same fucking douchebag, everyone will know the one I'm talking about, there's always one at every show, when you go to a concert and they are playing the acoustic stuff, you're yelling something louder than the band is playing, seeking attention when nobody came to hear your shit, they came to listen to the band and celebrate the music together. I've said it to that douchebag many times and I'll say it to you.

Shut up and go fuck yourself. Goes for all of you "that douchebag"s.

Wow! Dude, why do you sound so mad over a comment on the internet? :rofl-lol: I don't even know what you are trying to tell me or why did you get so mad! Care to explain? I don't even know how do you get from my comment that I'm an attention seeker is not as if I post that much, how presumptuous of you to act like you know me. I never once said I didn't like the "great stuff" I listened tonight. For your information I'm a girl and if I were you, I'd demand an apology for calling me "fucking douchebag". But I'm not you, I don't take comments on the internet seriously. :xmassrudolph:

Now that I'm thinking about this whole thing, it should be amazing if Slash would have said: "And finally, I wanted to thank Axl Rose, he didn't want to be here but wherever you are "my friend", thank you!". I would have cried :).

Oh wow, I could tear up just reading that. Pity he didn't think of it himself - how powerful that would have been.

He probably wanted to, but Axl explicitly asked in the letter not to be named or associated with the band at all. He probably would have sued anyone who mentioned his name. Chris Rock can probably expect a lawsuit of some sort.

Or HBO can just bleep Axl's name or edit out the joke entirely.

No need to. Axl could only sue for defamation. The truth is considered a defence against defamation, and as most people are aware of Axl's habit for being late this wouldn't be considered defamation

Slash sounded awesome, fuckin miss hearing that sound on those songs, and the adler joke by matt was great "You should get an award for getting kicked out of Guns N Roses for doing to much drugs, how is that possible in Guns N' Roses" Matt also said they were all doing heroin when he joined the band, and Matt brought Cocaine to the table, and they recorded the Illusions.

M. Kennedy was go, of course they started with Brownstone where Kennedy mumbles the first line and sounds horrible, also Kennedy fucked up at the end of Paradise City and started singing during Slash's solo and slash just kept soloing,

RIP Original GNR, im glad i witnessed the end.

LOL at people saying "move on".

Axl apparently hasn't moved on. He keeps playing the old music. He keeps playing the music that his former bandmates helped to create.

If Axl "moved on" nobody would go see his shows. He's even having trouble selling tickets playing the old shit. Imagine how bad it would be for him if he "moved on".

Axl worshippers are funny.

Ha! Being totally honest I don't think so. They probably decided to 'respect' Axl's decision. If he didn't want to be mentioned, then let it be that way. Armstrong didn't mention Axl Rose either.

Damn, Axl is getting absolutely destroyed for not showing up. This is going to be worse for whatever is left of his "image" than any reunion talk that might have been spurned by him showing up.

Check out this one on Yahoo - "Axl Booed, Ignored and Rock Hall of Fame Inductions" - http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/axl-rose-booed-ignored-rock-hall-fame-inductions-043105158.html

Edited by OTHAFA

why this thread about velvet revolver is on gnr section??

Zingah! Good one, sir. That's what I find hilarious about this whole thing is people act like these guys haven't played together in 20 years. Uhm, I seen VR live and they played 'Brownstone', and I seen Slash play SCOM and PC live. What's new? Adler? And Sorum playing the tambourine and singing back-up? Please. Fact is, this whole charade is nothing we haven't seen over the last few years.

Sounds like the awesomest gnr night since 1993

I watched a shitty sound and picture that took up about 10cm of my computer screen, and it was still amazing!

It was really cool to witness

Does anyone believe Axl will be onto these forums (or someone close to him) to see what people are saying? Or maybe somebody here actually knows for sure whether he does read them or not?

You never can tell who reads the forum or not :thumbsup:

full videostream live rip, not great but if you missed it then...

part 1

youtube.com/watch?v=AcEixD0Yv5I

part 2

youtube.com/watch?v=6kcgPOw54i4

part 3

youtube.com/watch?v=oB0wp58Riug

part 4

youtube.com/watch?v=rv4e14H_MM8

did not record the final song with RHCP :( sorry

LOL @ the first video. Thank you GG