Who is the better keyboardist: Dizzy Reed or Chris Pitman?

Randy Lahey

Why is everyone comparing pianists?

Dunno

maybe because this is a better comparison, than the countless stupid speculative threads?

Are you trying to tell me that popularity is what makes a musician good or not? There are tons of great musicians who never leave their bedroom. What's your point? I take by that logic, you're a big Justin Bieber fan then, eh?

Nope

The point is: he doesn't do anyithing very important in live shows, doesn't have a solo spot nowadays

Your regular cupcake tactic doesn't work...

you're a big Justin Bieber fan then,

No, you stupid fuck, you're a fan of a man, who can't play a proper guitar solo, but he is relatively famous....

Edited by Motivation

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Broskirose
Are you trying to tell me that popularity is what makes a musician good or not? There are tons of great musicians who never leave their bedroom. What's your point? I take by that logic, you're a big Justin Bieber fan then, eh?

Nope

The point is: he doesn't do anyithing very important in live shows, doesn't have a solo spot nowadays

How is that the point? The question was, who is the better player - Dizzy or Chris? What does any of that have to do with who is the better musician?

I don't even know who you are or what trolling you are reffering to. But I can confirm that I'm not a cupcake as Gunns already pointed out. From the words of Bumblefoot himself "Broski is not a cupcake!"

No, you stupid fuck, you're a fan of a man, who can't play a proper guitar solo, but he is relatively famous....

Lol, calm down kid. I'm not sure who you are reffering to or what it has to do with the topic or my quote...but ok then!

Nope

How is that the point? The question was, who is the better player - Dizzy or Chris? What does any of that have to do with who is the better musician?

I don't even know who you are or what trolling you are reffering to. But I can confirm that I'm not a cupcake as Gunns already pointed out. From the words of Bumblefoot himself "Broski is not a cupcake!"

Lol, calm down kid. I'm not sure who you are reffering to or what it has to do with the topic or my quote...but ok then!

You are probably actually younger than me... I'm referring your Finckism, if you know what i know about your past forum activity on other bords...

The question was, who is the better player - Dizzy or Chris? What does any of that have to do with who is the better musician?

The points is the entertainment (in gnr relation, not basical relation). If a member doesn't have a solo spot in this band, he isn't entertain at all...

Pitman is totally useless nowadays....

What makes him better than Dizzy? what? 2-3 songs on CD? loool...

Dizzy still playing solo spot, Pitman doesn't. They still play songs that Dizy co-wrote, they doesn't play songs that Pitman contributes....

Your arguments are invalid, f*ckhead!

I don't even know who you are or what trolling you are reffering to.

Don't play the fool, because i'm referring to you.

From the words of Bumblefoot himself "Broski is not a cupcake!"

Lol, because you lick his asshole so well (i read that post in the past)

Edited by Motivation

Guest Broskirose

You are probably actually younger than me... I'm referring your Finckism, if you know what i know about your past forum activity on other bords...

What does my religion have to do with Chris Pitman or Dizzy Reed?

The question was, who is the better player - Dizzy or Chris? What does any of that have to do with who is the better musician?

The points is the entertainment (in gnr relation, not basical relation). If a member doesn't have a solo spot in this band, he isn't entertain at all...

Pitman is totally useless nowadays....

That is a ridiculous statement. Just because he doesn't have a solo spot and Dizzy does, doesn't mean Dizzy is better than him. They already have 6 solo spots a night and two of them are piano solos. A third would be redundant.

From the words of Bumblefoot himself "Broski is not a cupcake!"

Lol, because you lick his asshole so well (i read that post in the past)

I don't lick his ass at all. I'm just a fan...so what? And the first thing I ever said to Bumblefoot in a live stream chat was "Hey Ron I prefer the 1999 version of Catcher In The Rye without you"...so there goes your licking of the asshole theory...

Take a chill pill brosef. And stop bringing up things that have nothing to do with Randy's thread. Can't we all just get along?

They still play songs that Dizy co-wrote, they doesn't play songs that Pitman contributes....

Your arguments are invalid, f*ckhead!

They play songs Pitman wrote on and contributed to as well...

lol.

Edited by Broskirose

Religion? :rofl-lol:

That is a ridiculous statement.

Nope. You are the only one is ridiculous here

One more thing

Chris Pitman is a legend.

a legend? :rofl-lol:

I don't lick his ass at all. I'm just a fan...so what? And the first thing I ever said to Bumblefoot in a live stream chat was "Hey Ron I prefer the 1999 version of Catcher In The Rye without you"...so there goes your licking of the asshole theory...

Give me a break. You always lick his ass, even if you don't like his solo on a song...

(and i like Ron too)

Chris Pitman – keyboards, backing vocals, programming, sub-bass, bass on "There Was a Time" and "Madagascar", 12 string guitar on "If the World", mellotron on "There Was a Time"

They rarely played TWAT (which is a shame) and ITW (btw i like the 12 string guitar intro)

Madagascar is the only song that they played regularly. What a big deal...

Guest Broskirose

Religion? :rofl-lol:

That is a ridiculous statement.

Nope. You are the only one is ridiculous here

One more thing

Chris Pitman is a legend.

a legend? :rofl-lol:

Give me a break. You always lick his ass, even if you don't like his solo on a song...

(and i like Ron too)

Dude....go outside. Get some fresh air. I don't even know you. Never seen you in my life. Apparently you know my whole life story, and while I'm flattered, it has nothing to do with the topic at all. Kind of strange you have personal vendetta already. Usually I have to actually interact with someone first...

You're just grasping at straws man. Quoting things out of context and thinking you're a genious for it. I don't lick Bumblefoot's ass. I'm a realistic fan who criticises when I feel neccessary. You even just acknowledged that...

What's your point here? Just going to keep on pointing out that I'm a Robin Finck and Bumblefoot fan? Yeah ok, I think anyone who's seen my posts knows that already. Thanks for sharing. You done yet?

Let's be honest here. Dizzy is very mediocre. He is not by any stretch of the imagination, a great player. Very sloppy and generally boring imo.

Chris on the other hand is a real musician. I'd take his creative direction over Dizzy's generic playing any day. Sometimes the little background fills and tricks make the song. Chris Pitman is a legend.

Who can forget his epic Catcher In The Rye keyboard solo in the demo (which was unfortunatly drowned out by Dizzy and Bumblefoot in the final mix)?

Pitman for life. rock3

The background synth in Catcher was the best moment of the demo. It is drowned out yes, but because Axl wanted to. Ron didnt change much of the playing on the breakdown. I still love this part on the album version tho.

And yes Id rather have Pitmans overall musicianship than Reeds generic playing/songwriting.

Also I dont know why Motivation brought Robin into the discussion. He has nothing to do with this but since we're at it...yes, he is original and I love his CD work. He had a very different style and overall playing but worked great on new songs. Thats why Axl thought he would be his Randy Rhoads - Im not comparing both musicians but their importance for the musician they were playing with - Ax and Ozzy, yes.

Guest Broskirose

Let's be honest here. Dizzy is very mediocre. He is not by any stretch of the imagination, a great player. Very sloppy and generally boring imo.

Chris on the other hand is a real musician. I'd take his creative direction over Dizzy's generic playing any day. Sometimes the little background fills and tricks make the song. Chris Pitman is a legend.

Who can forget his epic Catcher In The Rye keyboard solo in the demo (which was unfortunatly drowned out by Dizzy and Bumblefoot in the final mix)?

Pitman for life. rock3

The background synth in Catcher was the best moment of the demo. It is drowned out yes, but because Axl wanted to. Ron didnt change much of the playing on the breakdown. I still love this part on the album version tho.

And yes Id rather have Pitmans overall musicianship than Reeds generic playing/songwriting.

Also I dont know why Motivation brought Robin into the discussion. He has nothing to do with this but since we're at it...yes, he is original and I love his CD work. He had a very different style and overall playing but worked great on new songs. Thats why Axl thought he would be his Randy Rhoads - Im not comparing both musicians but their importance for the musician they were playing with - Ax and Ozzy, yes.

Agreed.

What was the big deal over Chris's keyboard in Catcher? Was it that weird bass sounding one?

The part around the 2 min mark.

It's kinda difficult to make a comparison as they both play completely different things. Dizzy just tends to do piano/organ and of course the horns in Madagascar. He seems competent enough at classic rock boogie piano whereas Pitman adds synth layers and loops putting textures into the overall sound.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Both of them are terrible, in my opinion.

Well, to be fair, everything is terrible to you.

No? :unsure:

C'mon...you're like Simon Cowell around here. I've just seen you post in two different threads simultaneously saying whatever it is, it sucks. :D

Pitman is the better all-around musician. He plays the 12-string on ITW, does he not? I think he plays bass too. Maybe not on the actual album, but I'm fairly sure he does.

He played bass at the Versace show in 2006 if I recall. I know Tommy wasn't there.

EDIT: Here it is

2:21 Is clearly Chris playing bass.

Edited by UcudBmine

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

C'mon...you're like Simon Cowell around here. I've just seen you post in two different threads simultaneously saying whatever it is, it sucks. :D

That is because we aren't allowed to discuss real GNR in this section. I don't have a lot of positive things to say about fake GNR. I enjoy the concerts, but at the same time I know that they could be so much better if the band didn't suck so much and Axl prepared a bit and lost some weight, practised and made some more effort.

I think it's sad to see what "GNR" has become. GNR stood for something respected once upon a time and now it has become a joke.

Guest Broskirose

Pitman is the better all-around musician. He plays the 12-string on ITW, does he not? I think he plays bass too. Maybe not on the actual album, but I'm fairly sure he does.

He played bass at the Versace show in 2006 if I recall. I know Tommy wasn't there.

EDIT: Here it is

2:21 Is clearly Chris playing bass.

I miss the 2006 lineup so much :(