the psychiatrist in don't cry

HisRoyalSweetness

i find that hard to believe. does anyone think a reputable psychiatrist would want to act in a client's music video?

Of course not, but reputable psychiatrists don't generally practice the regression therapy he was into at the time either... <_<

That brand of therapy worked for Dylan McKay on 90210.

Edited by Randy Lahey

i find that hard to believe. does anyone think a reputable psychiatrist would want to act in a client's music video?

Of course not, but reputable psychiatrists don't generally practice the regression therapy he was into at the time either... <_<

That brand of therapy worked for Dylan McKay on 90120.

That's probably where "Dr" Suzy learned to practice it from...

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 1

That brand of therapy worked for Dylan McKay on 90120.

That's probably where Suzy learned to practice it from...

Probably. Dylan, like Axl, had his own Erin and Steph in Brenda and Kelly, and it took past life regression therapy for him to figure out that Kelly Taylor was his one true soulmate.

kelly-and-brenda.jpg

Edited by Randy Lahey

You guys are all reading way too much into it.

Axl probably had this lady prescribing him prozac and other legal drugs.

LOL! Pop, if you only knew... Suzzy's contribution has been pretty drastically understated. She wasn't even a 'pretend' doctor back then, btw. As insane the shit with Suzzy was, the Yoda era was worse. And Axl would never take meds, doubt that's changed.

Anyway, to correct a few things previously posted...

when axl was on trial for beating up one of his girlfriends, his defense rested on his belief that the woman he abused was the reincarnated spirit of a native american who had murdered his children a hundred years ago or something

This was never Axl's defence, it was Erin's witness testimony. (The suit was Stephanie's). Axl trivialized it. His defence was that Stephanie was the aggressor.

axl got mixed up in lots of crackpot quack pop psychology cult new wave scams. they got money, and he got a whole lot worse.

This is chicken or the egg.

beta hooked him up with yoda, right? anyone know if she hooked him up with dr. suzzy miniskirt too?

Suzzy/Suzie was around long before Beta. So was Yoda/Sharon, at least in effect. As noted, she was Suzzy's connection.

• Like 1

10. In the video for Guns N’ Roses’ “Don’t Cry,” the woman who plays Axl’s psychotherapist is his actual therapist, Suzzy London, who occasionally accompanied the band on the road.

http://sobadsogood.com/2012/02/07/30-things-you-didnt-know-about-axl-rose/

Funny how that's dated 2012 and there's this: "5. Axl often travels with his own psychic, Sharon Maynard, who is known in his entourage as “Yoda.”" and she's been dead a few years

Hey, speaking of these silly videos, wtf happened to Josh Richman?

Not sure what you mean by what happened to him... his big blow out with Axl? Or what he's doing now? (Still an LA club promoter).

What happened with him and Axl?

LOL! Pop, if you only knew... Suzzy's contribution has been pretty drastically understated. She wasn't even a 'pretend' doctor back then, btw. As insane the shit with Suzzy was, the Yoda era was worse. And Axl would never take meds, doubt that's changed.

when axl was on trial for beating up one of his girlfriends, his defense rested on his belief that the woman he abused was the reincarnated spirit of a native american who had murdered his children a hundred years ago or something

This was never Axl's defence, it was Erin's witness testimony. (The suit was Stephanie's). Axl trivialized it. His defence was that Stephanie was the aggressor.

axl got mixed up in lots of crackpot quack pop psychology cult new wave scams. they got money, and he got a whole lot worse.

beta hooked him up with yoda, right? anyone know if she hooked him up with dr. suzzy miniskirt too?

Suzzy/Suzie was around long before Beta. So was Yoda/Sharon, at least in effect. As noted, she was Suzzy's connection.

thanks for the info! does anyone know if she's still working with axl? or if she's still working in the field of pretend psychology?

This thread is awesome.

:wub:

:wub: x2

:wub: x3

Re: Josh, is there a previous reference to Suzzy and Josh? If not, odd that it came up here, but yeah, Suzzy pretty much off-ed Josh from the inner circle, it was overtly just a power struggle over who had Axl's ear. The story Josh tells is hilarious in a twisted sort of way -- Axl flipping out on Josh over more of Suzzy's past lives 'information'. Don't think anybody was too sad to see him go, though, so maybe it was orchestrated by others with a vested interest. When she cooperated, Suzzy was a good mechanism to control Axl. I doubt Suzzy's seen Axl since those days. Yoda pretty much took over and Suzzy was cut out of the pie. Don't think she minded that too much, though. Axl is a lot of work.

axlrosenirvanahatgunsnr.png

"Don't worry, Axl. You've gone through this 50,000 times before.

Also, nice hat. You should ask those guys to open for you."

Axl should take to the stage wearing 'those' shorts..

..how many socks has Axl stuffed in there anyway ? :tongue2:

Edited by vaida

Let me guess, she made it so far in with him by telling him exactly what he wanted to hear?

That is precisely why IMO most mental therapists are not very helpful. They know enough to tell their clients what they want to hear, because if they tell them what they DON'T want to hear most likely the client will stop coming to them. I have yet to hear of any psychiatrist telling their client that they are at fault for something, ever. They suggest how they can handle situations better, but they never hold them accountable for their problems. I would guess that's why many therapy sessions get the client to feel better about themself for a brief period of time, but don't truly help in the long run.

So does Axl's belief in pre-birth awareness/memories mean he's Pro-Life? ;)

even if axl's newly discovered memories from before he was born were total crap, engineered by a quack fake psychologist / aspiring music video ho, he sincerely believe them. and in that respect, it's pretty fearless that he decided to make it such a part of the music he was creating. and that's the only aspect of the use your illusion "epic" videos that makes them interesting to me at all these days.

• 1 year later...

Proof?

i'm just amazed that axl never once thought to himself that any therapist who wanted to parade around in a miniskirt in his music videos was probably not a therapist worth listening to. she makes the metallica therapist seem like a paragon of professionalism. i wonder if he looks back on things any differently now... like, "man, i was willing to believe some seriously stupid shit back then!"

I would imagine Axl asked her to do it and the directors/ costume people had her wear a short skirt because that's what gets peoples attention.

What does what she wears have to do with how competent she is as a doctor?

That is weird that Axl used his real therapist.

Anyway, even if she could tell you something, it's over 25 years ago, so I'm sure Axl's life has changed and hopefully his problems when he was younger are no longer in his life today.