Threads deleted

Guest GHS

Another whole different thing is to create threads that function as a completely inner joke here at this forum. I, for example, created the "What do you think about Fernando?" topic as a pure nonsense joke with all the "What do you think...?" threads ("What do you think about Jarmo?"; "What do you think about Del James?"...). And some people catched the spirit of the joke and created two funny threads about Vanessa and Walter, the dolphin (!!!) in the same formula.

That's right, and when people log in and see 5 of those joke threads on the main page, they log back out - so we remove them all. No offense mate, but it wasn't a particularly amusing or imaginative thread.

I don't want threads about Vanessa, Fernando and Walter the dolphin the main section here, and neither do the majority of our members. We let joke threads stand in the main section from time to time, but not when they're shit threads that push decent threads out of the way.

Hope you understand.

Ok, ok. I do understand that there's so many important things to talk about GnR. So... let's talk about the next album. When is it coming? Or we can talk about why one of the 200 former guitarists left the band...

Hugs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Another whole different thing is to create threads that function as a completely inner joke here at this forum. I, for example, created the "What do you think about Fernando?" topic as a pure nonsense joke with all the "What do you think...?" threads ("What do you think about Jarmo?"; "What do you think about Del James?"...). And some people catched the spirit of the joke and created two funny threads about Vanessa and Walter, the dolphin (!!!) in the same formula.

That's right, and when people log in and see 5 of those joke threads on the main page, they log back out - so we remove them all. No offense mate, but it wasn't a particularly amusing or imaginative thread.

I don't want threads about Vanessa, Fernando and Walter the dolphin the main section here, and neither do the majority of our members. We let joke threads stand in the main section from time to time, but not when they're shit threads that push decent threads out of the way.

Hope you understand.

Spot on, logging on & reading about breast/penis size, girls are dumb (not offended by it) but so pointless you really don't wish to add to them, it gets to the stage you don't bother contributing any more.

Some have posted as new members and given us a laugh, the barbie doll poster is obviously stupid but gave me a laugh.

What do you think of Fernando thread turned out funny with the twists to Abba's song but if the intention was to bash Fernando then its totally uncalled for.

Above all you have to remember that Beta is a Mother who would be upset to read comments about her kids, and her kids will be upset to read comments about their Mother - especially if they don't come on here to express their thoughts. Maybe if people weren't so against them we might get posts from them but they're hardly going to bother with some of the topics on here at the moment.

Or do I just sound like an old woman? :rofl-lol:

Attacking people? I guess the whole Axl's concept of personal offenses and attacks is reigning here then, and not (as it should be) the common sense of personal offense. It's just ridiculous.

Tell me then how posting photos of Beta & Fernando calling them "hangers on" and describing them as "yes men" is a valid topic?

Even if they couldn't care less it is disrespectful to name call anyone on here, whether it be a gnr member or forum poster.

I get what you are saying. But....where is the outrage when other people do it? Two posts above your original response downunderscott calls posters dickheads. The worship crew on here call people names in every thread.....do u call them out?

I just think if insults are going to be censored, them everybody has to follow the same rules. Soulmonster is incapable of disagreeing with somebody without insulting them.....are u outraged by that?

I just don't get the double standard that a lot of posters have. Scott wants people banned for using insults.....while he calls people dickheads. Unbelievable.

Attacking people? I guess the whole Axl's concept of personal offenses and attacks is reigning here then, and not (as it should be) the common sense of personal offense. It's just ridiculous.

Tell me then how posting photos of Beta & Fernando calling them "hangers on" and describing them as "yes men" is a valid topic?

Even if they couldn't care less it is disrespectful to name call anyone on here, whether it be a gnr member or forum poster.

I get what you are saying. But....where is the outrage when other people do it? Two posts above your original response downunderscott calls posters dickheads. The worship crew on here call people names in every thread.....do u call them out?

I just think if insults are going to be censored, them everybody has to follow the same rules. Soulmonster is incapable of disagreeing with somebody without insulting them.....are u outraged by that?

I just don't get the double standard that a lot of posters have. Scott wants people banned for using insults.....while he calls people dickheads. Unbelievable.

I don't call people out for name calling as I don't know who knows who personally here so some of it may be in fun. Personally I don't like it, I don't do it as I don't know anyone who posts here.

I haven't read the post you're referring to but it sounds like a general name call, not a personal one to one particular person.

Long story short. People were saying that security wasnt letting fans into shows if they had Slash t-shirts on.(funny how that same thing is happening again).

Madison actually called the security supervisor from a show and asked if it was true or not. He said it was true. Maddy reported that

Axl logged onto the forum and attacked her, sounding like a homophobic 14 year old. Basically called her a lesbian c*nt. I'm not making that up.

Maddy, who helped grow the forum to what it is today.....who was the most active posting mod.....who defended Axl and the band through all the dark forum GnR years.......was then removed from her position.

Which is now why you see so much Axl ass kissing.

Long story short. People were saying that security wasnt letting fans into shows if they had Slash t-shirts on.(funny how that same thing is happening again).

Madison actually called the security supervisor from a show and asked if it was true or not. He said it was true. Maddy reported that

Axl logged onto the forum and attacked her, sounding like a homophobic 14 year old. Basically called her a lesbian c*nt. I'm not making that up.

Maddy, who helped grow the forum to what it is today.....who was the most active posting mod.....who defended Axl and the band through all the dark forum GnR years.......was then removed from her position.

Which is now why you see so much Axl ass kissing.

What I don't understand is why she was so persistent about it, why not just let it go? :unsure:

The whole Madison rant by Axl was completely uncalled for - instead of actually confirming/denying that Slash shirts were being removed, he called her a cunt. Classy.

If the mods here had any integrity, they would reinstate Madison as a moderator. That's assuming she hasn't been scared off by her idol proving himself a dick who can't get over himself or his past.

The whole Madison rant by Axl was completely uncalled for - instead of actually confirming/denying that Slash shirts were being removed, he called her a cunt. Classy.

If the mods here had any integrity, they would reinstate Madison as a moderator. That's assuming she hasn't been scared off by her idol proving himself a dick who can't get over himself or his past.

Oh hell no. Her being brought up in a topic about deleted topics should explain why. She's probably still here but too humble now to say so. Hey maddy. Gimme some pics.smiley-kiss.gif j/k

The way she used every forum toy to silence people she disagreed with is not missed.

I wasn't (of course) on the forum back then, but I read the Madison vs. Axl thread. The only thing I can say is that this whole "fucking mad rocker attitude" is quite funny (like seeing Axl diving into the crowd -- I'm ignoring any catastrophic consequence, like a riot), but when you see it in a closer perspective, you just (if you're a serious and a normal person) think how ridiculous is a near 50 years old man acting like a 20 years old rocker.

I wasn't (of course) on the forum back then, but I read the Madison vs. Axl thread. The only thing I can say is that this whole "fucking mad rocker attitude" is quite funny (like seeing Axl diving into the crowd -- I'm ignoring any catastrophic consequence, like a riot), but when you see it in a closer perspective, you just (if you're a serious and a normal person) think how ridiculous is a near 50 years old man acting like a 20 years old rocker.

It was pathetic. And the way some people just ate it up because they didn't like her was equally pathetic. I expected a more sibling atmosphere...."I hate her but damn if I'm going to let you fuck with her. That's my job!"

I wasn't around either but reading it was pretty tough when it was directed to a dedicated fan (I'm guessing she was/is).

Seems like he lived rough & that type of language is his everyday language, for those of us who didn't know & don't use those words its an eye opener. :shocked:

Thanks for telling me what happened. I read that thread too. Just finished reading it. :thumbsup:

Wow... I didn't Axl used to post here... does he still come here every now and then? :question:

Probably comes, read something and leaves...

u can check the "chat" with fans in the other section if u didnt already, a nice read there :thumbsup:

DJ posted, once... or twice... cant remember...

Ron posted a few times too....

Even Fernando!

Edited by AGS

I wasn't around either but reading it was pretty tough when it was directed to a dedicated fan (I'm guessing she was/is).

Seems like he lived rough & that type of language is his everyday language, for those of us who didn't know & don't use those words its an eye opener. :shocked:

I speak that language. Every other word would be a beep on TV although I don't do it in public. It was a weak attack propped up with those words. Take out the words and he still didn't even base his rant on the issue. He ripped her for what seemed like things outside of the Slash tshirt issue. Then at the end of it, there was still no confirmation of whether he allowed the shirts.

Thanks for telling me what happened. I read that thread too. Just finished reading it. :thumbsup:

Wow... I didn't Axl used to post here... does he still come here every now and then? :question:

Probably comes, read something and leaves...

u can check the "chat" with fans in the other section if u didnt already, a nice read there :thumbsup:

DJ posted, once... or twice... cant remember...

Ron posted a few times too....

Even Fernando!

Yeah, especially when people didn't know Dexter was Axl & were arguing with him until it was actually confirmed. He seemed to enjoy bantering back & forth knowing they didn't realise it really was the real deal :rofl-lol:

I think they allowing threads that are worthy of discussion, but the outright trolling and attacks on bandmember and gnr camp members those threads are getting deleted.

This is correct. Common sense dictates what threads are acceptable/unacceptable. Criticising as long as it's constructive = no problem.

Threads that are obviously trolling for negative responses, that offer little/no discussion are going to get removed. Simple. It's not a black and white thing - mods are using their discretion and trying to get the decisions are right as they can.

We're tolerant of people's views (the negative views are often warranted), but we're still a fan forum and we want to foster a positive relationship with the band where it's possible. Some people will call it censorship, but most will recognise that a forum full of shit threads bashing the band pointlessly is not going to be one with many members.

You really think the band members read these forums? I highly doubt it but agree there are way too many pointless threads that just don't need to be on here.

Yes, quite a few of them have accounts here.

Which haven't been touched for years & Axl's account was last accessed in January? Unless you know for sure they read these forums I find it hard to believe they have any interest.

if you think axl rose has no interest in what people write about him on the forums, then you don't know much about axl rose... :tongue2:

HV already explained the reasoning behind thread deletions, but i did want to add that - particularly recently - we've been really concerned with trying not to delete stuff and being more laidback with moderating, but the downside is that a few people start testing the waters one inch at a time and there comes a point where you are forced to make it clear that there is a limit to openly mocking the band with no constructive criticism behind it.

if you want to say that you don't like a bandmember for a certain reason and detail your opinion in an articulate manner, that's totally your choice. but when you just create a thread bashing them with no content or purpose of discussion behind it? nah... <_<

totally support the mods removing the threads. none of them were meant to instigate discussion.

as for maddy... again, totally support the mods choice. i thought axl acted like a giant dickface unnecessarily. but i think maddy was acting weirder and weirder, and becoming a liability in speaking for the forum. not an easy situation to handle. if i had to guess, i'd bet past and present mods were happy to see her go, even though they were disappointed in how it had to happen. i think that and other developments over the last few years that have led to a place where the mods are far more tolerant of critical discussions.

even though i think she was a lousy mod, i wish she still posted. but i can understand why she wouldn't.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

I speak that language. Every other word would be a beep on TV although I don't do it in public. It was a weak attack propped up with those words. Take out the words and he still didn't even base his rant on the issue. He ripped her for what seemed like things outside of the Slash tshirt issue. Then at the end of it, there was still no confirmation of whether he allowed the shirts.

I don't speak that language, but getting used to it as words we wouldn't have dreamt of using as kids are now even terms of affection these days.

Yes, even after all that vitriol he spit out at this girl it still wasn't confirmed or denied & the argument still goes on years later dry.gif

I think they allowing threads that are worthy of discussion, but the outright trolling and attacks on bandmember and gnr camp members those threads are getting deleted.

This is correct. Common sense dictates what threads are acceptable/unacceptable. Criticising as long as it's constructive = no problem.

Threads that are obviously trolling for negative responses, that offer little/no discussion are going to get removed. Simple. It's not a black and white thing - mods are using their discretion and trying to get the decisions are right as they can.

We're tolerant of people's views (the negative views are often warranted), but we're still a fan forum and we want to foster a positive relationship with the band where it's possible. Some people will call it censorship, but most will recognise that a forum full of shit threads bashing the band pointlessly is not going to be one with many members.

I am very happy to hear that the largest GN'R fan site on the Net has chosen to take such a sensible approach; I couldn't agree more with anything you say and I definitely couldn't have worded it better. This is great news to every GN'R fan here. It seems like mygnr is in very good hands with a competent and thinking leadership.

Yeah threads have come off the rails in the lat few weeks.

I've been on this forum for 6 years and I have not been in the ballpark of as irritated with BS cupcake posts as I am recently. I think it's exacerbated by the fact that there is not a lot of legit news coming out and a heightened population of "Original line-up cupcakes" that have wandered here (or back here) because of the recent HOF induction.

At some point we crossed a line from legit threads to thinly veiled inflammatory posts not meant to cause any discussion but just meant to piss people off. Do band members come here? Yes, they do. Clearly that has been demonstrated in the past. The people making some of the most inflammatory posts are counting on that, and that's the goal of their posts. Attacking the CHILDREN of people close to the band is way overboard. It's meant to illicit a response, however misguided the logic is. When I was 14 or 15, I went to a Mets game. Me and my friends were trying to get a rise out of Vince Coleman. We were sitting in the front row so he could hear us yelling, they Mets were BAD and the stadium was near desolate and we just walked up to the front row. He wouldn't even look at as, but we knew he could hear us. At one point my friend yelled "Your daughter is a whore!" and he flipped us off. We were going nuts because Vince Coleman just acknowledged us. A major league player knew who we were. It's that 14 years olds logic behind these posts, I think. It could be just malice.

I'm glad they are getting deleted. I think the mods are almost being overly fair.

Yeah threads have come off the rails in the lat few weeks.

I've been on this forum for 6 years and I have not been in the ballpark of as irritated with BS cupcake posts as I am recently. I think it's exacerbated by the fact that there is not a lot of legit news coming out and a heightened population of "Original line-up cupcakes" that have wandered here (or back here) because of the recent HOF induction.

At some point we crossed a line from legit threads to thinly veiled inflammatory posts not meant to cause any discussion but just meant to piss people off. Do band members come here? Yes, they do. Clearly that has been demonstrated in the past. The people making some of the most inflammatory posts are counting on that, and that's the goal of their posts. Attacking the CHILDREN of people close to the band is way overboard. It's meant to illicit a response, however misguided the logic is. When I was 14 or 15, I went to a Mets game. Me and my friends were trying to get a rise out of Vince Coleman. We were sitting in the front row so he could hear us yelling, they Mets were BAD and the stadium was near desolate and we just walked up to the front row. He wouldn't even look at as, but we knew he could hear us. At one point my friend yelled "Your daughter is a whore!" and he flipped us off. We were going nuts because Vince Coleman just acknowledged us. A major league player knew who we were. It's that 14 years olds logic behind these posts, I think. It could be just malice.

I'm glad they are getting deleted. I think the mods are almost being overly fair.

Good story, also makes the point of what's going on here. :thumbsup:

If I read correctly it was someone having a dig at Fernando that got Axl to start posting years ago with the statement "we might as well start here" .

Also, if Axl is reading this board why doesn't he get it that nobody is in favour of the hats & sunnies all night - that he looks so much better without them? :rolleyes:

Edited by rock4eva

Perfect.

LOL no! Bannison back? You must be joking.

Maybe Axl went too out of the line and he could have said the same without being so harsh but she had it coming FOR YEARS. She was fucking stubborn, arrogant and NEVER admitted it when she was wrong. Her words had to be taken as golden and dared you contradict or disagree with her you were suspended, warned or even banned. Needless to say she used her admin position to take advantage and deleted posts and topics every time she was exposed or proved wrong. LOL I still remember that famous London accoustic show topic from the 2006 tour where she got called out on her bullshit and got mad deleting all the posts that exposed her within seconds. Maybe some of the oldies remember that? :lol:

I am glad she isn´t here anymore and like it or not, a lot of fans in the gnr forumland felt vindicted by Axl and we´ll always be grateful for that.