GnR back to the USA "soon"

AGS

Even if Axl decides to bring new music to the next tour he can't really risk taking out any AFD/UYI songs or the word would spread out the arenas would be even more empty... Axl's GnR is and will always be a nostalgia act and if he keeps it going that way he'll always be successful when touring.

Ageed.....All classic rock bands are nostalgia acts to some extent ..criticizing Axl for playing the hits is unrealistic as every old band does it, the Stones, AC/DC, Metallica, etc....they all do it.....

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were Axl I'd try to please both kinds of fans: the causal (vast majority) that don't give a shit about new music & the hardcore ones like us (tiny minority) that'd love to hear new music and more CD stuff being played at the shows.

The formula could be a two way tour: on the big shows he'd stick to basically a Greatest Hits setlist including just 1 or 2 CD songs like Chinese Democracy & This I Love, then he'd also play smaller venues & clubs - just like the previous UCAP tour where the setlist would be basically focused on CD & new music, just adding a couple of 'classics' to it.

Just my 2 cents...

Edited by trqster

Even if Axl decides to bring new music to the next tour he can't really risk taking out any AFD/UYI songs or the word would spread out the arenas would be even more empty... Axl's GnR is and will always be a nostalgia act and if he keeps it going that way he'll always be successful when touring.

Ageed.....All classic rock bands are nostalgia acts to some extent ..criticizing Axl for playing the hits is unrealistic as every old band does it, the Stones, AC/DC, Metallica, etc....they all do it.....

the criticism would be unrealistic if 2012 guns n roses was axl, slash, duff, izzy, dizzy, gilby, and matt sorum

If I were Axl I'd try to please both kinds of fans: the causal (vast majority) that don't give a shit about new music & the hardcore ones like us (tiny minority) that'd love to hear new music and more CD stuff being played at the shows.

The formula could be a two way tour: on the big shows he'd stick to basically a Greatest Hits setlist including just 1 or 2 CD songs like Chinese Democracy & This I Love, then he'd also play smaller venues & clubs - just like the previous UCAP tour where the setlist would be basically focused on CD & new music, just adding a couple of 'classics' to it.

Just my 2 cents...

I really think this is a good solution. Nice concept.

the criticism would be unrealistic if 2012 guns n roses was axl, slash, duff, izzy, dizzy, gilby, and matt sorum

not Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven?

no. because. after HOF, steven adler said he's done with axl rose

but he did an interview AFTER that along with Matt Sorum saying he would love to do the tour

Very good point Classic!

Edited by batman007

but he did an interview AFTER that along with Matt Sorum saying he would love to do the tour

steven and matt really want to tour the world with axl rose on classic guns n roses hits?

No I disagree...as long as the band is called GnR and Axl is the lead singer fans expect the old hits so it is unfair to expect Axl to drop them..if it was called the Axl Rose Band then you have a more valid argument...IMHO.....

steven and matt really want to tour the world with axl rose on classic guns n roses hits?

Just my opinion but I bet either of them would do it in a heartbeat if Slash was involved....

wttj, scom, paradise city, brownstone, patience, november rain, kohd, and ycbm are pretty much the only songs that are required at a gn'r show for casual fans. I'm sure I might be missing a couple, but in a 3 hour show, they have plenty of room for more variety.

wttj, scom, paradise city, brownstone, patience, november rain, kohd, and ycbm are pretty much the only songs that are required at a gn'r show for casual fans. I'm sure I might be missing a couple, but in a 3 hour show, they have plenty of room for more variety.

Ive been to a lot of shows where patience wasn't even played. I'd add better in there, its the only chinese song the crowd really dig.

Ive been to a lot of shows where patience wasn't even played. I'd add better in there, its the only chinese song the crowd really dig.

better is a robin song. dj isn't better on it

Yep, he is, he kills it... far better than fink, he absolutely slays that hippie.

Example? Sure, no problem sweetheart.

Edited by axl8302

all I said it was keep it in the set list. question.gif you retarded or something?

Yep, he is, he kills it... far better than fink, he absolutely slays that hippie.

Example? Sure, no problem sweetheart.

my example is robin's surprise one off on better during the up close and personal tour. robin brought the house down. dj was jealous and bitter. robin overshadowed dj and ron thal on better. robin stole the show and blew the up close tour away up close and very personal

Robin isn't in the band anymore, so what is the point of continually bringing him up? OK good. You think he is better than the current guitar players. Great. Unfortunately, he chose to leave the band. Nothing anybody can do about it now.

And playing a 3-hour show makes it easy to add new material. Play 6 songs from every album instead of 7? Drop one cover. Now you have four open slots to fill with songs. Only play 5 CD songs..now you have 5 open slots for new music. Plus, fans still get to hear the 10-12 biggest GnR hits. Everybody wins.

I'd say staples should be

Jungle, SCOM, Nightrain, Paradise,YCBM, Nov Rain, Dont Cry, You're Crazy, Estranged, LALD, Civil War, Patience, Better, TIL, Shacklers.

That's 15 of the best or most popular songs.

Throw in 5 songs off the upcoming album.

Now you have 10 songs spots left to rotate every night!!!!!

Robin isn't in the band anymore, so what is the point of continually bringing him up? OK good. You think he is better than the current guitar players. Great. Unfortunately, he chose to leave the band. Nothing anybody can do about it now.

And playing a 3-hour show makes it easy to add new material. Play 6 songs from every album instead of 7? Drop one cover. Now you have four open slots to fill with songs. Only play 5 CD songs..now you have 5 open slots for new music. Plus, fans still get to hear the 10-12 biggest GnR hits. Everybody wins.

Jungle, SCOM, Nightrain, Paradise,YCBM, Nov Rain, Dont Cry, You're Crazy, Estranged, LALD, Civil War, Patience, Better, TIL, Shacklers.

we don't know why robin wasn't at the concert last night. axl and guns n roses management isn't talking. it's like fast and furious. family looks 4 answers. and they never get them from the AG or the President

we don't know why robin wasn't at the concert last night. axl and guns n roses management isn't talking. it's like fast and furious. family looks 4 answers. and they never get them from the AG or the President

He was there.

He was there.

agreed