Seerock Festival Graz/Austria

pik

this setlist contradicts what soulmonster and MSL say about setlists at guns n roses concerts

What contradiction?

the contradiction of you saying we should be happy with the setlist the way it is. look. dj ashba and ron thal are in the band. yet axl played 15 slash songs. only played 6 songs from the chinese democracy record. at this show. am i happy now? does it make me happy? absolutely NOT

Now that you got that part out of the way, how in the world can they make everyone happy? They can't I am guessing.

the fans want new songs over old played. axl can make the fans happy at concerts by playing the new material from chinese democracy record and chinese democracy recording sessions

I am not sure what the fans want at the shows, are you speaking about the forum fans or the general fans? I believe there may be a difference? They are selling quite well for a band the fans have no interest in hearing the songs they are performing, I think we are confused over who is fans of the band. The forum is not even 1% of the fans I rekon.

I am going to go see Slash in Sept, I surely expect them to do Guns songs. Should he not?

Edited by gunsguy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this setlist contradicts what soulmonster and MSL say about setlists at guns n roses concerts

What contradiction?

the contradiction of you saying we should be happy with the setlist the way it is. look. dj ashba and ron thal are in the band. yet axl played 15 slash songs. only played 6 songs from the chinese democracy record. at this show. am i happy now? does it make me happy? absolutely NOT

Now that you got that part out of the way, how in the world can they make everyone happy? They can't I am guessing.

the fans want new songs over old played. axl can make the fans happy at concerts by playing the new material from chinese democracy record and chinese democracy recording sessions

I am not sure what the fans want at the shows, are you speaking about the forum fans or the general fans? I believe there may be a difference? They are selling quite well for a band the fans have no interest in hearing the songs they are performing, I think we are confused over who is fans of the band. The forum is not even 1% of the fans I rekon.

I am going to go see Slash in Sept, I surely expect them to do Guns songs. Should he not?

nope then they would be axl songs :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: like i said like talking to a wall

What contradiction?

slash has every right to go guns songs. they're his intellectual property. appetite is slash' baby. so is illusions. slash is in the right

but with 2012 guns n roses it's different. the fact dj ashba and ron thal in 2012 guns band makes it different story. it's uncool for them to always do what slash created. all the time. they want to play their own original guns n roses material. axl never allows them to do it at concerts

i'm assuming fans who pay tickets to shows want more new material. i base it on guns n roses being a new band. and not the guns n roses people saw in 1987 at big stadiums in the u.s.

Edited by finck6

What contradiction?

slash has every right to go guns songs. they're his intellectual property. appetite is slash' baby. so is illusions. slash is in the right

but with 2012 guns n roses it's different. the fact dj ashba and ron thal in 2012 guns band makes it different story. it's uncool for them to always do what slash created. all the time. they want to play their own original guns n roses material. axl never allows them to do it at concerts

i'm assuming fans who pay tickets to shows want more new material. i base it on guns n roses being a band. and not the guns n roses people saw in 1987 at big stadiums in the u.s.

What contradiction?

i'm assuming fans who pay tickets to shows want more new material. i base it on guns n roses being a new band. and not the guns n roses people saw in 1987 at big stadiums in the u.s.

:sleeper:

You answered your own question / problem, I will leave it at that.

What contradiction?

huh? i don't get how did it lol

What contradiction?

after reading this i feel i just lost 95% of my brain cells. i have to 3 likely scenerios

1) youre like 9 years old

2) your just a shitty cupcake(which im leaning towards)

3) thank god for obama care we need to put a rush on that CAT scan

What contradiction?

huh? i don't get how did it lol

not surprised

i'm surprised. explain it 2 me, bran

without turing this into Slash vs Axl thread. Slash can play Guns songs that is cool but Axl (GNR) plays them it is not cool? WTF? Last time I checked Axl was in the band from the getgo and also last time I checked Axl never quit the band. The notion that Slash has more right to play the songs is silly to me. Slash can play them and I want him to, so do most people who see him they get a great reaction.

Edited by gunsguy

without turing this into Slash vs Axl thread. Slash can play Guns songs that is cool but Axl (GNR) plays them it is not cool? WTF? Last time I checked Axl was in the band from the getgo and also last time I checked Axl never quit the band. The notion that Slash has more right to play the songs is silly to me.

its silly to most sane people

without turing this into Slash vs Axl thread. Slash can play Guns songs that is cool but Axl (GNR) plays them it is not cool? WTF? Last time I checked Axl was in the band from the getgo and also last time I checked Axl never quit the band. The notion that Slash has more right to play the songs is silly to me. Slash can play them and I want him to, so do most people who see him they get a great reaction.

slash was in guns n roses from get go too. slash can play them. they're his songs.

the problem is slash isn't trying to take guns n roses as a new band. it's what axl is doing. it's no longer playing appetite with dj ashba and ron thal in guns n roses

it's cooler to play new material dj and ron written and recorded in guns n roses at guns n roses concerts

it feels right for slash to do his songs and not right for axl. since guns n roses is a new guns n roses

What contradiction?

I have never said anyone else should be happy with the setlists, I have said I am happy with the setlists and that most people who attend the shows are also, hence the setlists can be justified in numerous ways. I am sorry this was/is beyond you.

Axl isn't playing "Slash songs", Axl is playing Guns N' Roses songs, which is not only completely acceptable but also completely understandable considering the fact that fans come to Guns N' Roses shows to listen to Guns N' Roses songs. Not a very complex or difficult concept to most guys. I am sorry this is lost on you.

If you want to continue this general setlist thread, please do so in the stickied setlist thread, it is off-topic here.

EDIT: And where's the contradiction you rambled about?

Edited by SoulMonster

What contradiction?

I have never said anyone else should be happy with the setlists, I have said I am happy with the setlists and that most people who attend the shows are so hence they can be justified in numerous ways. I am sorry this was/is beyond you.

Axl isn't playing "Slash songs", Axl is playing Guns N' Roses songs, which is not only completely acceptable but also completely understandable considering the fact that fans come to Guns N' Roses shows to listen to Guns N' Roses songs. Not a very complex or difficult concept to most guys. I am sorry this is lost on you.

If you want to continue this general setlist thread, please do so in the stickied setlist thread, it is off-topic here.

you used the this is "beyond you" line on me like you have with other guns n roses fans on this board LOL

but axl is playing slash songs. did slash not record these songs? did not slash not perform these songs thousands of times live with axl rose and dizzy reed?

maybe it's "beyond you" LOL 2 understand but the fact is axl's holding back dj ashba and ron thal. while taking slash all the way 2 the bank. every night. 15 slash songs played by axl. big money in the bank. cha ching

slash was in guns n roses from get go too. slash can play them. they're his songs.

the problem is slash isn't trying to take guns n roses as a new band. it's what axl is doing. it's no longer playing appetite with dj ashba and ron thal in guns n roses

it's cooler to play new material dj and ron written and recorded in guns n roses at guns n roses concerts

it feels right for slash to do his songs and not right for axl. since guns n roses is a new guns n roses

so guns n roses shouldnt do guns n roses because its guns n roses

guns n roses should do only chinese democracy material. released and unreleased. only. because. guns n roses in 2012 is a new guns n roses. guns n roses isn't 1987 guns n roses anymore. guns n roses doesn't have an appetite 4 destruction anymore. new guns n roses has a chinese democracy

guns n roses should do only chinese democracy material. released and unreleased. only. because. guns n roses in 2012 is a new guns n roses. guns n roses isn't 1987 guns n roses anymore. guns n roses doesn't have an appetite 4 destruction anymore. new guns n roses has a chinese democracy

:question: :question: :question:

so since guns n roses doesnt have an "appetite 4 destruction" they cant do their owns songs does the current gnr have a lust for illusion?

Edited by bran

you used the this is "beyond you" line on me like you have with other guns n roses fans on this board LOL

I am happy you are amused by such a simple observation, but I have to say that as far as not being able to grasp the simplest of topics, you are very much in a league of your own.

so since guns n roses doesnt have an "appetite 4 destruction" they cant do their owns songs does the current gnr have a lust for illusion?

2012 guns n roses has a lusting for democracy. chinese democracy

yes. finck magic isnt played live by dj. slashs november rain gets raped every night by bumblefoot and dj. robin did justice 2 the solos. ashba is a noob LOL does gnr management tell him not? who knows. they cant play nu chinese material. unreleased or released. because, ashba isnt magic of fincks TIL. does bumblefoot beard? LOL because bucket kfcs. who knows.

I am happy you are amused by such a simple observation, but I have to say that as far as not being able to grasp the simplest of topics, you are very much in a league of your own.

i grasp many topics. nothing's beyond me

2012 guns n roses has a lusting for democracy. chinese democracy

what about spagetti do they have a hunger 4 spaghetti? do they have your permission to play stuff from the spaghetti incident?

i grasp many topics. nothing's beyond me

very debatable

fuck this slash/axl discussion.

slash is in his right to play songs from a band he once was AND axl is totally in his right to play songs he wrote 99.9% of the lyrics to plus a major part of melodic lines...

lets say gnr is axl rose's solo band if it pleases you... well he still wrote a huuuuge part of gnr back catalog and it's normal for him to play these songs. your saying crap like dj and ron didnt write those classics... well I didnt know miles kennedy wrote anything with gnr, same goes for the remaining slash's friend band.