Tel Aviv - Israel - Park Hayarkon

AmitGNR

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea what time Axl and Company will be taking the stage? Isn't there a curfew at Park Hayarkon (i.e. the music must be over by 11PM)? That wouldnt' fit with Axl's usual style!

Hope he will hit the stage around 2100 and i think the curfew is more around 2330. The producer said they are ewer of the issue and they are ready for that.

Lets hope earthing will be smooth.

First GnR show for me too, surprisingly.

Got the promo poster for the show too, from the ticket office.

f0ydn8.jpg

Have a great time everyone.

I will not be updating throughout the show, because I'm gonna be really fucking close to the stage.

But I'll upload the setlist at the end, if it has not been uploaded yet.

I wonder what Axl will do with his jackets... you have no idea how hot and humid Tel Aviv can bee in this time of year...

Buy the way, someone from this board out of Israel is coming?

Did you even read the thread?

Anyway, Axl has landed. Some photos:

401817801004100408289no.jpg

40181760100499408258no.jpg

40181770100499408258no.jpg

I wonder what Axl will do with his jackets... you have no idea how hot and humid Tel Aviv can bee in this time of year...

a drunk charlie sheen sees axl and slurs "where's slash?"

Edited by finck6

I meant not from Israel...

Not sure if this is where they are staying but this has been announced:-

Guns and Roses Concert

(July 3d, Tel Aviv)

The famous American rock band "Guns and Roses" is scheduled to perform this summer in Hayarkon Park, Tel Aviv on July 3d. This will be the first concert that the band gave in Israel in the last 20 years, just two years after the 2010 concert was cancelled. Currently, Axl Rose is the only remaining original member of the band that has confirmed his arrival in Israel. There is hope though, that other members like Slash or Duff McKagan, will also be heading to Tel Aviv this summer.

:blink: This is either wishful thinking, they've received secret emails or they are 20 years behind B)

Whoops!! Re-read it & it says "this summer" - not that they are joining him. My bad. :rofl-lol:

Edited by rock4eva

Not sure if this is where they are staying but this has been announced:-

Guns and Roses Concert

(July 3d, Tel Aviv)

The famous American rock band "Guns and Roses" is scheduled to perform this summer in Hayarkon Park, Tel Aviv on July 3d. This will be the first concert that the band gave in Israel in the last 20 years, just two years after the 2010 concert was cancelled. Currently, Axl Rose is the only remaining original member of the band that has confirmed his arrival in Israel. There is hope though, that other members like Slash or Duff McKagan, will also be heading to Tel Aviv this summer.

:blink: This is either wishful thinking, they've received secret emails or they are 20 years behind B)

Whoops!! Re-read it & it says "this summer" - not that they are joining him. My bad. :rofl-lol:

Then again I could have been wrong about being wrong after reading this -

http://igoogledisrael.com/2012/02/guns-and-roses-line-up-a-concert-in-tel-aviv-july-2012/

Think it's time I get off the internet & read Slash's book :rolleyes:

i wonder if people in tel aviv will enjoy this show or if they won't enjoy it because a lot of the songs might be the same songs played earlier in the year in other cities.

The majority of the crowd and people that i talked to that are coming to the show tomorrow have no idea what is the set list and just hope to get nice bunch of classics. Of course for the more hardcore fans we would love to get some nice surprises here...

i wonder if people in tel aviv will enjoy this show or if they won't enjoy it because a lot of the songs might be the same songs played earlier in the year in other cities.

Don't understand what you mean :question: Obviously they will be playing the same songs they've been playing for years as there is no new material to play. It didn't make a difference in other cities so why should this one be any different, they haven't been back for 20 years didn't they report?

I'd say they will enjoy whatever they get.

Why would it be different from any other city?

Why are people in TA special?

Obviously they will enjoy the classics, like any other city and also get a bunch of "new" songs thrown in.

Oh.

Well difference is most of the people in Israel have never seen the band live.

It's not like GnR touring the US or Europe so they can do 3-4 shows in your area in a year.

Statistic says we get GnR once every 20 years. So yeah, setlist doesn't really matter that much.

well i hope all you guys have a blast. my only sister is an orthodox jew that lives in tel aviv. she was a huge GNR fan growing up, but now she doesn't allow herself to listen to rock n' roll, so she isn't going to the show. i took her to see GNR in ft. lauderdale florida in 2006 and she loved it.

She doesn't allow herself to listen to rock n roll any more, I gather that's on religious grounds? I wonder if she'll feel a slight pang to know they are so close but she misses out :(

rock4eva -

yes, on religious grounds. when she became orthodox, she gave up all non-religious music, films, television, etc.

i tried to convince her to go to the show anyway since she hasn't seen them since opening night of the 2006 US arena tour, but she won't budge. she's not going. i think she lives very close to the venue, but i can't convince her.

She has to do what she feels is right, I guess Axl's language doesn't exactly come from her bible :P

I hope it doesn't float all over Tel Aviv either, now that could be a problem :(

She has to do what she feels is right, I guess Axl's language doesn't exactly come from her bible :P

I hope it doesn't float all over Tel Aviv either, now that could be a problem :(

Tel Aviv is lightyears away from being even remotely a religious city. :lol: