What is your favorite Ashba story?

Guest Broskirose

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Broskirose

As we all know, Dj has had his fair share of badass adventures. But which of these rock n' roll moments is his finest?

I remember there was a time when me and Axl got in a bar fight. We kicked the livin’ shit outta this dude. [Laughing] First of all, he snuck into this private after show party that was just held for the band and the crew. So it was this drunk, obnoxious guy, big dude. He walks in and he’s telling everyone there he’s our manager and we’re like “What the fuck is he talking about?” Anyway, he was asked to leave several times and didn’t. He actually turned around at one point and punched one of our tour managers. I saw it so I grabbed the guy by his throat and slammed him up against the wall and I said, “You need to fuckin’ leave now!”

I walked him over to the door, and he turned around and punched me in the face, so I just started unloading on him. Axl saw him hit me and flipped and jumped in, so we’re stompin’ this guy to a pulp, but it was all in good fun. Then, what was funny about it is, about three hours later we get done partyin’, went up and the guy’s a bloody mess sittin’ in the lobby. We walk up and he apologizes for being a douchebag and then he asks if he can get pictures with us and autographs. So we’re taking pictures with this guy we literally kicked the shit out of. It was all good; we all laughed about it at the end, he even laughed. He was like “Yeah, it was my fault. I was bein’ a total dick.” It was one of those things where it was just a funny moment.

Guns N' Roses guitarist DJ Ashba recently posted that "It sucks balls when you get kicked out of the hotel for smoking".

Ashba aslo stated, "Well the manager which was an older lady, beat on my door, she was a bitch from get go, she said they had already fined me $500 without a warning might I add, and told me if I smoke again she will triple the fine and would have to ask me to leave. So as she was standing in my door bitching with her Tina Turner like hair do, I lit up a cigarette, smiled and said "I'll start packing" and slammed the door in her face.

Keep in mind I'm always booked in a smoking room, so I had no idea. You think she could of been nicer about the situation considering our band had about 70 rooms there. I was happy to hear Axl Rose checked out early too due to the same lady. Anyways, we're in a much nicer hotel now anyways. Hahaha!!!!"

DJ Ashba, who has played in bands such as Beautiful Creatures and Sixx:A.M., is currently toruing Canada with Guns N' Roses.

You decide!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fan story was actually pretty funny. The "we were beating this guy to a bloody pulp, but it was all in good fun" was pretty dark, but I was still kind of laughing at it...

I'd never seen so much badassery in my life. Seriously, guitar God, smokes and slams doors? WOW.

But...

Dj-Slashba.jpg

Hahaha! Dude, who said he wanted to be a badassly guitar God? Maybe he wants to be a badassly guitar princess, who knows?

A story about someone beating someone up is best told by a witness, not the one doing the beating. It comes off as poserish trying to create your own legend.

As for the slamming the door on an old woman? Maybe that'd be closer to bad ass if he was 24, but he's near or in his 40's now. It's really just sad and rude.

A story about someone beating someone up is best told by a witness, not the one doing the beating. It comes off as poserish trying to create your own legend.

As for the slamming the door on an old woman? Maybe that'd be closer to bad ass if he was 24, but he's near or in his 40's now. It's really just sad and rude.

:rofl-lol:

Really? I really thought Ashba was like 19yo or something near that.

Really? I really thought Ashba was like 19yo or something near that.

Acts like it.

Yeah, just like the story about a bartender being rude in Brazil and that he was about to punch him in the face (note the "about to"). He immediately posted it on Facebook and the clown was too nervous that misspelled 4-5 words in his short message. :rofl-lol: