Hair growth question

Vincent Vega

Ok--

My girlfriend cut my hair yesterday short. It's not a crew cut, but it's you know, very short all around. It's sort of like this, but not exactly:

businessman-hairstyles.jpg

Boys%2BHaircuts%2Band%2BHairstyles%2BTrends%2Bfor%2B2010.jpg

We both sort of agreed that it will be my last hair cut as I want my hair to grow to shoulder length. How long will it take from about that length to either at or just above shoulder length with no cuts or trims?

Edited by Indigo Miser

"I'm growing my hair to shoulder length so I had my girlfriend cut it just shy of a crew cut."

Yep, makes perfect sense! :lol:

She doesn't really want me to have long hair, she's not a big fan of it for the most part, and anyway it was longer on top than it was in the back so it would've grown in awkwardly...Point is, I let her cut it to make her happy and now we've come to an agreement of sorts about me growing it. I just want either at or just over shoulder length, enough to pull back into a ponytail.

Edited by Indigo Miser

Guest Len B'stard

Whenever I grow my hair, it tends to "poof" out since its so damn thick.

I usually need to get it trimmed every other month because it starts to look ridiculous otherwise.

I currently have a "Keith Urban - the early years" haircut.

Get it layered, use serum ;)

I usually need to get it trimmed every other month because it starts to look ridiculous otherwise.

Get it layered, use semen ;)

She doesn't really want me to have long hair, she's not a big fan of it for the most part, and anyway it was longer on top than it was in the back so it would've grown in awkwardly...Point is, I let her cut it to make her happy and now we've come to an agreement of sorts about me growing it. I just want either at or just over shoulder length, enough to pull back into a ponytail.

Grow it by all means but for the love of god DON'T put it in a ponytail! Honestly that doesn't look good on anybody EVER! The only time a man can even consider getting away with a ponytail is if their hair is like past shoulder length and it's like that to keep it out of the way briefly.

Layered, thinned, straightened...all that good stuff.

My girlfriend's step-mom is a pro stylist and owns a salon, so it's nice to have connections! :)

Guest Len B'stard

My girlfriend's step-mom is a pro stylist and owns a salon, so it's nice to have connections! :)

I love how you felt the need to explain your knowledge of hairdressing there so as not to come off like a bender :lol: Should've done that myself, the missus told me :lol: (no really, she did and it was a fuckin blessing, bless her)

I love how you felt the need to explain your knowledge of hairdressing there so as not to come off like a bender :lol: Should've done that myself, the missus told me :lol: (no really, she did and it was a fuckin blessing, bless her)

Its all good - I work in an increasingly visual field, so I feel the need to look my best.