Appetite For Destruction vs. Straight Outta Compton

Randy Lahey

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AFD only because it was a more complete album.

Straight outta compton's first three tracks plus express yourself were brilliant but outside of that it was just lesser versions of the first three. Dre hadn't found his niche yet.

Agree with this, plus there's songs on Eazy Duz It that prob. should've been on Compton.

AFD only because it was a more complete album.

Straight outta compton's first three tracks plus express yourself were brilliant but outside of that it was just lesser versions of the first three. Dre hadn't found his niche yet.

A good way to put it. Comptons a great album but it is like tracks 1, 2 & 3 are mindblowing and then the rest are great definite 5 star album but the rest dont match the first three. Nwa's power is more in them launching the careers of the three stars and starting gangsta rap more than their actual music imo.

at first i thought u were talking bout the 2 NWA songs. not the albums from the different groups.

Yes because the words "Appetite for Destruction", especially around these parts, means the NWA song.

Need facepalm.

it's a music section. all kinds of music except GNR is talked about in this very section. so yeah.

palm your hand and put it to your forhead, there you've got yourself a facepalm. drama queer

Oh fuck no, this retard is back again.

Somebody call Lithium

Lithium? You dont need Lithium if I'm around.

Straight Out of Compton, more important album by far than anything GnR ever did.

Important is a different story. They put LA rap on the map, because it was all about New York before them.

The most important thing about it all IMO. Was cranking Compton in the office today. Good times.

Guest Len B'stard

Somebody call Lithium

Shame cuz he's pretty close to being right...and i think Lithium might agree although far be it from me to speak for Lith', bless his heart.

Somebody call Lithium

Shame cuz he's pretty close to being right...and i think Lithium might agree although far be it from me to speak for Lith', bless his heart.

He's right on the first count. Not on the second. Not by a long shot.

Excluding SCOM, all the songs off Appetite are heavier than Bon Jovi. They attracted the same mainstream public, but Guns N' Roses had the hardest sound.

Straight Outta Compton opened the doors to Gangsta Rap.

Appetite's only achievement is being a monster seller in America. The record had zero impact in the latest 20 years of Rock music.

Excluding SCOM, all the songs off Appetite are heavier than Bon Jovi. They attracted the same mainstream public, but Guns N' Roses had the hardest sound.

Straight Outta Compton opened the doors to Gangsta Rap.

Appetite's only achievement is being a monster seller in America. The record had zero impact in the latest 20 years of Rock music.

Yeah because its just a seller. Never been critically acclaimed or consistently lauded as one of the best albums of all time .