Buckethead on His Time in Guns 'N' Roses: "No Answer."

Guest NGOG

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bucket who ?

I'll give you a clue. It is a body part and it sits above the neck :D

For some it sits on the neck. For others it is in a place about 3 feet lower.

'others' are of no concern here..

Not sure, there are quite a few with their heads in their ass.

all in all the dudes a great player. but i never thought the begnining of this >

suited GNR. i like how when the techno music starts and axl announces bucket it quiet as hell.

i'm not a big fan of all of his shtick either - but think of it this way, what does the general public think of when they think of NuGNR? Buckethead. Sure, that was partly because of the VMAs, but that was also partly because Bucket was very unique and NOTHING like the old band. At the time, I don't think people were ready for it - but in retrospect the '02 lineup had their own unique image and sound and really did seem to be striving to be their own band. Even when Bucket played Slash's solos, he made them his own. Compare that to now, when basically they just play them note-for-note. I dunno, Bucket at least had a distinct image and for better or worse people still remember him as being one of the faces of the new band.

This, pretty much... !!!

Also, the idea of a guy like Fortus pairing up with Buckethead and the rest of them, Freese on drums, on a mission to write blazing, forward thinking american rock n roll is still pretty powerful idea to me.