Guns N' Roses - Sorry Guitar Solo Cover TEST 1 (Downstep to Eb) Complete guitar replacement.

Test one of replacing all the guitar parts within Guns N' Roses - Sorry.

This is not the final version but feedback would be much appretiated!

Video by Slasherr.

Guitars Replaced. Buckethead's Solo. Robin Finck's rhythm/ Bumblefoot rhythm/ wah verse.

Equipment used - Guitar Rig 3 - Marshall JCM800 Emulation. Gibson Les Paul 2008 Standard

Solo was good, but none of the tracks were in sync with each other. Gotta work on the mixing.

All the tracks bar my guitar overlays were in the set time. So they were completely in time.

As for my parts, I can tell that the chorus track is slightly out....but the other 2 that really mattered I thought were fine!

Solo was good, but none of the tracks were in sync with each other. Gotta work on the mixing.

All the tracks bar my guitar overlays were in the set time. So they were completely in time.

As for my parts, I can tell that the chorus track is slightly out....but the other 2 that really mattered I thought were fine!

First off, nice work! I thought you did a great job matching tone while making some cool little changes.

The out of sync track is the vocal (.08-ish seconds too early, more/less), and since that is part of the intro to your solo, it makes things seem a bit out of place from the start. I don't know what program you used to re-tune the vocal track (and others?), but Audacity will move tracks about that much when you change pitch, and adjustments need to be made to line up things again. If you re-tuned the vocal (down 1 semitone), but didn't do the same adjustment to all of the other tracks in the same edit, the vocal timing will be off. It is always most noticeable with the vocal.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but why did you tune everything on your version down a step?

First off, nice work! I thought you did a great job matching tone while making some cool little changes.

The out of sync track is the vocal (.08-ish seconds too early, more/less), and since that is part of the intro to your solo, it makes things seem a bit out of place from the start. I don't know what program you used to re-tune the vocal track (and others?), but Audacity will move tracks about that much when you change pitch, and adjustments need to be made to line up things again. If you re-tuned the vocal (down 1 semitone), but didn't do the same adjustment to all of the other tracks in the same edit, the vocal timing will be off. It is always most noticeable with the vocal.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but why did you tune everything on your version down a step?

YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. Near to the start of production, I accidently slid Axl's vocals one way, and thought nothing of it!......DAMN

And yes, I don't think I changed the pitch of the drums. Next time I should simply alter everything at once to keep it all in time. Thanks for letting me know!

And I usually play a step down because of blues. Eb is what most old school GN'R songs are played in, and I've had my guitar set up to work/play easiest in that tuning, so instead of tuning me up, I simply drop everything down. Just a preference of mine, but I could simply bring the pitch up of my guitar up half a step.

Thanks for your very interesting response!

YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. Near to the start of production, I accidently slid Axl's vocals one way, and thought nothing of it!......DAMN

And yes, I don't think I changed the pitch of the drums. Next time I should simply alter everything at once to keep it all in time. Thanks for letting me know!

And I usually play a step down because of blues. Eb is what most old school GN'R songs are played in, and I've had my guitar set up to work/play easiest in that tuning, so instead of tuning me up, I simply drop everything down. Just a preference of mine, but I could simply bring the pitch up of my guitar up half a step.

Thanks for your very interesting response!

No problem at all, and I really did think you played a nice solo. When I tuned your track up a step to match the studio track, and lined them up, I was really pleased to hear how well the guitars sounded together. And thanks for answering my question about tuning the studio tracks down. It makes perfect sense.