What does a ticket to the cinema cost where you live?

Guest Iron Fist SS

It is about £10 ($15.50) at the multiplex which is obscene. Merely wait two months and you can buy the same film on DVD for £12 and have it, to keep, for life! And they wonder why nobody goes to the cinema these days?

When you think, a family of four attending would be £40. £40 to watch a film for two hours! And of course that does not include coke, popcorn etc which cost an earth.

Edited by DieselDaisy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Who the hell buys goodies from the cinema?

A trip to Tesco first is a must! Mint Aero Balls are currently half price in Tesco. Stock up!

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The film at the cinema is mostly really boring, so you need to eat something to entertain yourself during it. Or maybe that's just me. :lol:

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Yes but you know what kids are like. They see a big popcorn machine and demand a box of it. It is not worth telling them that the popcorn you have stuffed in your jacket is just as nice.

Ah sorry I wasn't directing my comment at anyone in particular or anything.

Oh I hear you... I remember as a kid it was such a noveltly and I wanted all that stuff too. A bag from the supermarket isn't the same as the popcorn from the cinema counter!!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The film at the cinema is mostly really boring, so you need to eat something to entertain yourself during it. Or maybe that's just me. :lol:

Why the fuck are you paying that much to see a boring movie?

I don't know about you, but I usually don't download and watch a film before I see it at the cinema.

A normal movie cost 100NOK, that is about a BILLION SEK :D

or, about $16,89

That would be exactly 112.4880 SEK. Which makes our cinemas more expensive than the fucking Norwegians even. What the hell?!

It surprised me to. But I belive in the weekends, it's more like 120. But I don't go to the movies that often. Cheaper to wait and buy it on blu-ray later.

And there is no couch to slack on at the cinema.

Why the fuck are you paying that much to see a boring movie?

I don't know about you, but I usually don't download and watch a film before I see it at the cinema.

Neither do I, but I don't go see a movie I think looks like crap.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah, as you might be able to guess, I usually don't try to pick a film I think will suck. It's just that 99% of the new films do.

Going to the cinema is simply not a nice experience anymore. You pay out extraordinary levels of cash to see films in these hideous americanised multiplexes, the type of places which have 200 screens and double up as shopping places and macdonalds. The sound levels are pushed up so high that you leave with ear damage. When I was growing up you saw films in classy regency era theatres; the whole experience was pleasant, from the £3.00 you paid at the door to the usher who brought around your popcorn and you drinks. And the films now are so bad it is unbearable but that is perhaps another discussion. £10 to see some CGI superhero re-re-re boot and you leave deaf and bankrupt.

The film industry has no right to complain about illegal downloads.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I couldn't agree more, DieselDaisy.

I've got tinnitus and sometimes it's awful for hours after I've been at the theatre. Okay that I'll have a headache after a concert, I accept that, it's worth it. But not for watching a fucking film.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Yeah, as you might be able to guess, I usually don't try to pick a film I think will suck. It's just that 99% of the new films do.

Then why do you bother to go at all anymore?

Because you never know. For all I know it might be a good film. It's also something many others like to do, so it's kind of a social thing to do.

At the best cinema in town:

Admission

General (14-64) $12.99

Child (3-13) $8.99

Senior (65+) $8.99

3D General (14-64) $15.99

3D Child (3-13) $11.99

3D Senior (65+) $11.99

UltraAVX General (14-64) $15.99

UltraAVX Child (3-13) $11.99

UltraAVX Senior (65+) $11.99

IMAX General (14-64) $19.99

IMAX Child (3-13) $12.99

IMAX Senior (65+) $12.99

Then why do you bother to go at all anymore?

Because you never know. For all I know it might be a good film. It's also something many others like to do, so it's kind of a social thing to do.

This.