The current band needs a chance to shine!!!!

Apollo

We expected a lot because that's what we were told we were getting. All through the years. From the head honcho himself, and all his supporters. Hell, Axl even told Marc Canter (according to Marc) that he wanted to surpass the old band with this project. He's barely delivered anything, and fans aren't supposed to be upset that things are now at a total standstill in terms of moving forward? After years and years of waiting for Axl to get his shit together?

If you keep on believing a person who is notorious for being wrong about the future (what did we learn from waiting for UYI?), then after a certain time you must take some of the blame for being disappointed on yourself for being so naive and blue eyed.

All this jibber jabber about a new album. Talk, talk, talk :jerkoff: . We've gotten talk before and it's led nowhere much more than it's led to something. Show me some fucking action, and then we can all talk about rejoicing as fans.

Good! This is the mindset you should have applied before to save you all that disappointment. With this clearer head of yours you will not be disappointed if a new record doesn't come out until, say, 2018, and will only be positively surprised if it happens in, say, 2014.

I guess this explains a lot of the resentment around here. People start following GN'R without knowing how hopelessly dysfunctional the band has been, and they expect things to happen on a normal time scale. Perhaps they are giddy about a perceived new musical direction, a new band member they enjoyed from before, a leak that sounds promising. Whatever it is, they became fans full of expectations and hopes. Then it turns out they were wrong, and they become a new generation of bitter ex-fans,some of which will haunt the fora perpetually.

No, I don't believe, haven't for years. Which is exactly why I don't take this "talk" of a new album seriously. Not many people do. Which is where the negative aspects of this forum stems from. They've dicked around for too long for even the hardest of the hardcore fans to take them seriously. It's disappointing that such potential and time goes to waste. They'll say new album is a priority after a tour, and then keep on touring the same old stuff for legs and legs and legs, until people are just sick of it and bored. The wait for the UYIs wasn't even near the same ballpark as this tragedy is. Apples and oranges.

It's not just about timing, it's about none of it happening at all. And it doesn't look like it ever will, nor does it seem like Axl has any serious initiative to do it anymore. Can't blame the fans for being harsh on those aspects. It's asinine, and Axl earned it. It's his fault for feeding us such a delicious game plan prematurely, before he even had the ingredients to cook it up. And then not even communicate with us about what's up after it falls through.

Edited by Bobbo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't believe, haven't for years. Which is exactly why I don't take this "talk" of a new album seriously. Not many people do. Which is where the negative aspects of this forum stems from. They'll say new album is a priority, and then keep on touring the same old stuff for legs and legs and legs, until people are just sick of it and bored. The wait for the UYIs wasn't even near the same ballpark as this tragedy is. Apples and oranges.

It's not just about timing, it's about none of it happening at all. And it doesn't look like it ever will, nor does it seem like Axl has any serious initiative to do it anymore. Can't blame the fans for being harsh on those aspects. It's asinine, and Axl earned it. It's his fault for feeding us such a delicious game plan prematurely, before he even had the ingredients to cook it up. And then not even communicate with us about what's up after it falls through.

Heh, you do sound bitter about the situation :D. It is funny that you claim to not believe them for years, yet you still complain about the band now saying a new record is first priority when they go on tour. If you don't believe them, why do you still complain? False information is only a problem when you are not aware it is false information.

"None of it happening"? Chinese Democracy was released and Axl has been touring it a lot, just as he said he was going to. I think he delivered on promise when it comes to what is important, at least to me, just too bad it took a while. But that's water under the bridge now.

And no, if you have been around for a while then it is largely your own fault for believing the hype. GN'R is a dysfunctional band, don't expect to be informed on what will happen, and if you do - don't get emotionally attached to that information. Now, with expectations down at near zero I think you are ready to be a content GN'R fan.

Shining requires creating and recording new material.

exactly! IMHO even if we stop reunion talks, there's still shitload to do for GNR to shine once again. it won't be easy even if they release something (cuz for many many people AFD and UYI are simply awesome), but without trying it's simply impossible. For people, GN'R is AFD lineup and that's a hard thing to deal with for new members of the band. They built a legend on things done pre-2000, so if they enough balls and wanna shine under the same name, go from the replacements to respected members, they have to do something else than playing AFD songs and trying not to upset Axl. IMO there are two ways - new cashgrab GnR, or newGNR, the band. For me, it's impossible for Axl to gave enough control to others, so most probably they just will be touring CD (which has no outstanding songs and must be strongly supported by AFD and UYI recordnings), which will be the only moment when they are together in one place.

Problem is that a band that has replaced like 80% of the original members is hard to be considered anything else than a cover band - plain fact. :confused:

Axl should have dropped GnR name a long time ago for his new band project "new GnR" and all the world would accept it positively and he could still play original GnR hits without any negativity going on. Unfortnuately Axl sees it other way and believes that on his own he's GnR.

That being said my love for the guy (Axl) is enough to still support his disillusioned and distorted view of reality, that translates into the current GnR. :)

No, I don't believe, haven't for years. Which is exactly why I don't take this "talk" of a new album seriously. Not many people do. Which is where the negative aspects of this forum stems from. They'll say new album is a priority, and then keep on touring the same old stuff for legs and legs and legs, until people are just sick of it and bored. The wait for the UYIs wasn't even near the same ballpark as this tragedy is. Apples and oranges.

Heh, you do sound bitter about the situation :D. It is funny that you claim to not believe them for years, yet you still complain about the band now saying a new record is first priority when they go on tour. If you don't believe them, why do you still complain? False information is only a problem when you are not aware it is false information.

"None of it happening"? Chinese Democracy was released and Axl has been touring it a lot, just as he said he was going to. I think he delivered on promise when it comes to what is important, at least to me, just too bad it took a while. But that's water under the bridge now.

And no, if you have been around for a while then it is largely your own fault for believing the hype. GN'R is a dysfunctional band, don't expect to be informed on what will happen, and if you do - don't get emotionally attached to that information. Now, with expectations down at near zero I think you are ready to be a content GN'R fan.

Naw not bitter brah, just calling a spade, a spade. You're the one with these high expectations there will be a release, I'm saying I don't believe it will happen, you let me know how that works out for you with all these expendable years you're wiling to wait. :thumbsup: I don't complain, I criticize when I see fit to criticize, just like I praise when I see fit to praise. And the "the band" has earned more reasons to be critical than to be satisfied. It's that simple.

Yes, CD happened, but just barely, and nothing else came from it. Nothing. No videos, no "tour, release, tour release", no other indications of those "three albums he already had in the bag" according to that 2006 Trunk interview, not even a couple of new songs played live. Nothing else happened he promise to the fans. It's just been a big clusterfuck. It is not the fans' fault that Axl has failed more than he has succeeded, and they shouldn't have to bite their tongue for the sake of your pwoor widdle waxl's feeling :jerkoff: . I don't expect to be informed, but I still think it's pathetic that we're not, and criticizing Axl for those kinds of things are justified.

Naw not bitter brah, just calling a spade, a spade.

Yes, in a very bitter way.

You're the one with these high expectations there will be a release, I'm saying I don't believe it will happen, you let me know how that works out for you with all these expendable years you're wiling to wait. :thumbsup:

It's not to have high expectations if you believe that some day there will be another GN'R album. It is realistic when you know there is lots of material recorded. It may even be released posthumously. And I don't wait for new music. I live my life and if new music comes, great! and if not, well, life went on.

I don't complain, I criticize when I see fit to criticize, just like I praise when I see fit to praise. And the "the band" has earned more reasons to be critical than to be satisfied. It's that simple.

Yes, that is simple. We disagree.

Yes, CD happened, but just barely, and nothing else came from it. Nothing.

Interviews, tours, merch, new web page, live streams...Except for videos everything happened...

No videos, no "tour, release, tour release",

Eh, there could still be "tour, release, tour, release", just let them finish the touring first ;)

no other indications of those "three albums he already had in the bag" according to that 2006 Trunk interview, not even a couple of new songs played live.

They will probably wait with playing new songs until they have a plan for the next release. I am also waiting to hear what plans Axl have now.

Nothing else happened he promise to the fans.

He did promise to tour the album for quite a while :thumbsup:

It's just been a big clusterfuck. It is not the fans' fault that Axl has failed more than he has succeeded

No, that is Axl's fault, but it is the fans fault for expecting Axl to deliver on time.

, and they shouldn't have to bite their tongue for the sake of your pwoor widdle waxl's feeling :jerkoff:

Who is saying anyone should bite their tongue for the sake of Axl's feelings?

I don't expect to be informed, but I still think it's pathetic that we're not, and criticizing Axl for those kinds of things are justified.

You think it is okay to criticise an artist for not informing you about his artistic plans? Hehe. Yes, because he is obligated to do so! Seriously, if you want to be fan of an artist who is more communicative then surely no one is stopping you.

I would also prefer it if Axl told us what was up, told us what short and long term plans he has, but that is his decision entirely and I am not going to criticise him for not sharing with us any more than I would criticise any other artist or person for how they live their lives. I think it is a bad move on his part because it might drive fans away, but again, that is his decision to make and he doesn't owe us anything. I guess I am just not that needy or confused.

The possiblities are endless with this current lineup.

IMO they are the best band out there today.

Would anyone actually admit they would go see Bon Jovi or U2 over GNR?

No but I'd go see slash w/ Myles and the Conspirators over Axl and his band of Merry Men any day of the week

there are thousands of no names who can play scom and jungle.

Ashba still can't. :D So before creating something new, Axl gonna make him learn old songs.

dj can't play robin live either. ronald can't play bucket live either

DJ plays way better than finck live. And "Ronald" can play Bucket parts if he wants. He is better technically than Bucket.

you're kidding? robin proves your opinion wrong about dj on the up close and personal tour. bucket proves you wrong 2 at the mtv vma 2002 4 example. both robin and bucket prove you wrong with the actual latest guns n roses record available 2 buy called chinese democracy

I like robin but Robin is way more sloopy than Ashba, check NR solos live. Bumble can play Bucket stuff note per note if he wants.

Hell are you talkin' about? For example, Rock in Rio III is an awesome gig, you can see what a big-ass band they were. "New" Guns N' Roses! I didn't even mind Axl's voice. Buckethead and Finck did the job for him.

there are thousands of no names who can play scom and jungle.

Ashba still can't. :D So before creating something new, Axl gonna make him learn old songs.

dj can't play robin live either. ronald can't play bucket live either

DJ plays way better than finck live. And "Ronald" can play Bucket parts if he wants. He is better technically than Bucket.

you're kidding? robin proves your opinion wrong about dj on the up close and personal tour. bucket proves you wrong 2 at the mtv vma 2002 4 example. both robin and bucket prove you wrong with the actual latest guns n roses record available 2 buy called chinese democracy

I like robin but Robin is way more sloopy than Ashba, check NR solos live. Bumble can play Bucket stuff note per note if he wants.

Hell are you talkin' about? For example, Rock in Rio III is an awesome gig, you can see what a big-ass band they were. "New" Guns N' Roses! I didn't even mind Axl's voice. Buckethead and Finck did the job for him.

example. robin finck always delivered in big spots at guns n roses concerts with axl rose

Edited by finck6