Slash Rocks Adelaide And Proves He Has Best Live Rock Band On The Planet

Gibbo

I can shit on Ron.

Anyone can do that. But you'll look pathetic and laughable, lol. If guys like Govan, Satch and Petrucci can praise him as much as they did, I'm sure I can laugh at people claiming how Ron sucks or how he can't play Slash's material. If you don't like it, fine, but don't ever try to tell me that he can't play. Ever.

Great guitar player? Yes, but nobody needs his finger tapping bullshit in every song

Yes, he doesn't do that in every song, you're just desperated to find an argument to bash him, so you have to try really hard and use false arguments. I understand that you hate them because they're not your heroes, but try to act more normal and less like an old bitter fanboy. It's not their fault that the old band broke up, and it's your fkn loss if you can't appreciate them because they're great musicians.

have you seen 14 years? Even Slash at his worst owned that solo. Richard November Rain solos SUCK, don't deny it. Ashba Civil War solo is laughable

You don't like it, nice. Doesn't mean that it's really bad.

the guy can't bend for shit.

Agreed.

They're a piece of shit band.

No, they're not.

Yeah rons better then Slash :lol:

Why are you laughing? It's a fact. Ask Slash himself and he'd tell you the same - well, he lies to look cool, so I wouldn't be surprised if he said some bullshit, but he surely would tell that Ron's a much, much better overall guitarist.

his tone sucks arse hes just a nurd that winges like a baby

I knew you'd have to insult him or mention that you don't like his tone to bash him. No wonder why you and your little fanboys friends overrate Slash that much.

Read the review pal better then the cover cover band with half the members

I don't need a fanboy to tell me what my ears can "tell" me.

Gnr sucks theses days has since 98

I don't care about your opinion, we're talking about facts.

why would he want to play that shit

That's right, he wouldn't because he couldn't.

The truth is Ron covers Slash (very badly).

How in the earth Ron covers Slash badly? He does a much better job, that's a fact. More accurate, more consistent, etc. If you don't like it, cool, but don't tell me he plays it badly because you'll look really pathetic. He plays his solos flawlessly even if they're not note for note.

The truth is Ron covers Slash (very badly). Slash aint got any reason to cover something Ron did. Not an excuse, just the truth. deal with it.

I can shit on Ron. Great guitar player? Yes, but nobody needs his finger tapping bullshit in every song, have you seen 14 years? Even Slash at his worst owned that solo. Richard November Rain solos SUCK, don't deny it. Ashba Civil War solo is laughable, the guy can't bend for shit.

They're a piece of shit band. Maybe I could change my mind in 2028 when the next Axl Rose record comes out. :rolleyes:

Wake me up when you guys see Slash do a vastly superior version of his Nightrain solo with one hand and his eyes closed. Then we'll talk. :sleeper:

:laugh: Oh, so you're one of those who consider that solo a "masterpiece"? HAHAHAHA!! Buckethead Nightrain solo was awesome, but Ron's? Please... :rofl-lol:

What solo are you talking about? Ron doesn't have a proper "Nightrain" solo. He changes it every night, fretted or fretless, doesn't matter. Damn Smooth is talking about one of his solos, not about all of them. It seems that you think he's got a static solo, kinda like Bucket's, but he doesn't. And tell me how's Bucket's solo awesome? He does his Paul Gilbert's lick over and over with a few notes thrown in until the solo's over, so it's obvious how Ron's solos are much more diverse and requires a much better sense of improvisation, which Bucket doesn't have, not as much as Ron.

Anyone can do that. But you'll look pathetic and laughable, lol. If guys like Govan, Satch and Petrucci can praise him as much as they did, I'm sure I can laugh at people claiming how Ron sucks or how he can't play Slash's material. If you don't like it, fine, but don't ever try to tell me that he can't play. Ever.

Don't get it twisted. I said that I can shit on Ron in the sense that I couldn't care less about his virtuoso techniques or whatever. I said he's a great guitar player but his style doesn't fit with AFD and/or Illusions songs, that's all. I never said he sucks, well maybe he sucks when he needs to play original Gn'R songs? Remember, Guns N' Roses was never a finger-tapping 1000-notes-per-second band.

Yes, he doesn't do that in every song, you're just desperated to find an argument to bash him, so you have to try really hard and use false arguments. I understand that you hate them because they're not your heroes, but try to act more normal and less like an old bitter fanboy. It's not their fault that the old band broke up, and it's your fkn loss if you can't appreciate them because they're great musicians.

I'm not desperate bro, this is a fan forum, my life doesn't depend on this. Check November Rain outro, 14 years solo and Nightrain solo for example (the ones I can remember). He overplays the material, distasteful. Since when speed and technique make you a better musician or guitar player? :shrugs:. Slash has been praised by many guitar Gods and you still think he sucks.

When new Gn'R performed in Rio '01, I didn't miss Slash. I didn't consider that band to be REAL Guns N' Roses but it was a completely fresh, different and new "version" of the band I loved so no, I'm not a Slash fanboy and I don't consider him my hero. I do consider him the only lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses though. I already said that Bumblefoot is a great guitar player. Fortus is good as well, session musician that has worked with Nsync and Enrique Iglesias (if you need videos, PM me) but still a good guitar player (although his November Rain solos and the Rocket Queen slide part suck). Ashba is shit, sorry.

You don't like it, nice. Doesn't mean that it's really bad.

It's been always a matter of opinion and taste bro. You consider it good or a masterpiece, I consider it bad and awful as shit. I like brunettes maybe you like blondes.

Agreed.

:thumbsup:

No, they're not.

Yes, they are TO ME. Better now?

Slash is just lucky that DJ is in the band so people have a reason to miss him. Nobody with a brain would otherwise.

This sentence is a proof that you' re only an Axl fan, not a GNR fan.

PS: DJ sucks ass. When Slash plays his worst show on his carrier, still better than Ashba

The people miss Slash, because of Ashba?

You're a clusterfuck nevertheless

I'll be back in the upper class section of MYGNR.

LOOOL

There ain't no upper class sections

All of the sections is equal (except Attitude)

Edited by Crash Diet

The truth is Ron covers Slash (very badly).

How in the earth Ron covers Slash badly? He does a much better job, that's a fact. More accurate, more consistent, etc. If you don't like it, cool, but don't tell me he plays it badly because you'll look really pathetic. He plays his solos flawlessly even if they're not note for note.

So its a fact because you tell us?

To be technically better does not mean to be an overall better guitar player. Thats for sure.

But in that case it doesnt matter because its all about personal taste.

You like Rons playing? fine. I speak for me and I could puke all over when I hear him fuckin' up the songs with his style. Does it matter if he does it technically perfect? Not for me.

I think his style destroys the songs. It doesnt fit in, in my opinion

Edited by Free Bird

Slash is just lucky that DJ is in the band so people have a reason to miss him. Nobody with a brain would otherwise.

This sentence is a proof that you' re only an Axl fan, not a GNR fan.

PS: DJ sucks ass. When Slash plays his worst show on his carrier, still better than Ashba

The people miss Slash, because of Ashba?

You're a clusterfuck nevertheless

I'll be back in the upper class section of MYGNR.

LOOOL

There ain't no upper class sections

All of the sections is equal (except Attitude)

Back to the gutter because I couldn't let this bit of fucktardation pass.

You sir, are oblivious to reality. Slash has made 1 good song in 20 years. That's his fault, not mine; and it has no bearing on how much I like his work when he surrounded himself with talented people.

LOOOL? Is that retard for "I dropped the soap!"? If so, nobody cares. Attitude is the upper class section of this forum and any moron should have been able to tell that that's what I was talking about.

You have yourself a grand day now. Back out of the gutter for me.

Slash has made 1 good song in 20 years

And that is opinion not fact.........

True.

You're in the Slash section again. You leaving or not? :lol:

I'm trying. :shrugs:

Slash has made 1 good song in 20 years

And that is opinion not fact.........

True.

Which is why we're all here. But let it be said folks have liked more than 1 song in 20 years.

Also true.

Slash has been praised by many guitar Gods and you still think he sucks.

No, I don't think he sucks. In fact I love a good portion of his work (even with VR and some songs off of his solo career).

Ashba is shit, sorry.

I'm not gonna deny that, you don't need to be sorry for that.

Yes. :lol:

To be technically better does not mean to be an overall better guitar player. Thats for sure.

You like Rons playing? fine. I speak for me and I could puke all over when I hear him fuckin' up the songs with his style. Does it matter if he does it technically perfect? Not for me.

It's a fact because it is well played from a technical point of view. And a few of you are trying to point out that he's a shredder, which he is not. He doesn't play the old songs badly (i.e.: he can't play that stuff), he plays them his way. For the most part he sticks to the way the old material was recorded. He doesn't overplay others songs imo, he simply doesn't want to play them exactly like they were played nearly 30 years ago. I happen to love how he added his style (a mix between modern rock and classic rock/metal imo) to the songs, you don't. That's cool. But don't tell me that he can't play or plays the old material badly.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

Slash has been praised by many guitar Gods and you still think he sucks.

No, I don't think he sucks. In fact I love a good portion of his work (even with VR and some songs off of his solo career).

Ashba is shit, sorry.

I'm not gonna deny that, you don't need to be sorry for that.

Yes. :lol:

It's a fact because it is well played from a technical point of view. And a few of you are trying to point out that he's a shredder, which he is not. He doesn't play the old songs badly (i.e.: he can't play that stuff), he plays them his way. For the most part he sticks to the way the old material was recorded. He doesn't overplay others songs imo, he simply doesn't want to play them exactly like they were played nearly 30 years ago. I happen to love how he added his style (a mix between modern rock and classic rock/metal imo) to the songs, you don't. That's cool. But don't tell me that he can't play or plays the old material badly.

I just don't like the way he plays that songs. I know that he could do it otherwise, but he doesn't, so I say he plays shit. Thats all. From a technical point of view he may plays his parts perfect, but his style isn't right for old GNR songs in my opinion. Thats all I said. So when he metabolizes songs and solos that I used to love, to something that I can't enjoy, than for me it's badly, sorry.

Edited by Free Bird