TORONTO 9/23/12

gunsguy

Will be going to the gig tonight, who is going?

ANyways I MAY TRY to livestream a song or 2 IF I CAN so keep an eye on http://www.ustream.tv/channel/opgunsguy

Not sure it will work, likely wont sound good or look good as we know from previous livestreams, may not even try...

I WILL try and upload some pics at least on twitter: @Gunsguy https://twitter.com/gunsguy

Doors open at 7:30 EST

Anyone going tweet me and we will try and say hello :)

Edited by gunsguy

I'll be waiting for your unbiased review of the show! Have a blast bro! :thumbsup:

I have seen Slash in GN'R, Slash's Snakepit, VR but never THIS band so I can't wait!

That's right, you had to miss the show in March last minute. I'll be there tonight and will try to find you...

review tomorrow, fucking tired. Got to meet up with forum member Coma16 again, always a pleasure!

Setlist:

Halo

Night Train

Ghost

Standing in the Sun

Back From Cali

Been There Lately

Civil War

Rocket Queen

Carolina

No More Heroes

We're All Gonna Die

You're Crazy

Not for Me

Starlight

Slash Solo

Anastasia

You're a Lie

Sweet Child O' Mine

Slither

Encore:

Fall to Pieces

Paradise City

Some pics:

http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?st=det&sort=date&ids=Slash%20Featuring%20Myles%20Kennedy%20and%20The%20Conspirators%20In%20Concert&showact=events&prds=10002&intv=3d&sh=10&kwstyle=or&adte=1348460751&pagez=60&cfasstyle=AND&

Vids: (not mine)

INtro

SCOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h7yPsCYAEo

Anistasia

youtube.com/watch?v=_fbmunCuCGI

Rocket Queen

youtube.com/watch?v=9cGu_LauoQE

PC

youtube.com/watch?v=t-UuFTbvW1I

Edited by gunsguy

Great seeing ya again too GunsGuy.

Another great show, venue was horrible though. Sort of in the middle of nowhere (public transit not easily accessible) and parking was $20... The sound in the venue was decent for me (Phoenix was too loud and this one was a little easier on the ears). Wasn't easy to find a good spot either because of the narrow set-up and large sound pit in the middle.

The Good:

-security wasn't feeling me up

-started on time at 9:15 (lasted about 2 hours)

-I haven't been following the setlists lately so it was a total surprise.

-Anastasia was insane

-Guitar solo was a cool blues-type piece and not Godfather (sick of it)

-You're Crazy was amazing. I think that if we didn't have the Lies version then people would appreciate the AFD version a lot more. It is intense!

-We're All Gonna Die was played. It is one of my favourite tracks from Slash

-The build-up to Slither was cool. I with VR made another album...

The Bad (or really not-so-good):

-Not enough songs from Slash. I wanted to hear Nothing To Say and By The Sword again!

-While RQ could have been a highlight for many at the show, it was better the last 2 shows I've been to.

-It was a full-house but the crowd was dry. No one was really rocking out.

-PC was the finale (I know this will never change)

I'll likely see him again when he returns next year, hopefully it won't be at Sound Academy though. There were rumors that Guns was going to add Toronto show when the UCAP shows started to roll in. It was going to be at Sound Academy and I'm sort of glad it didn't go down....

Awesome GG!! Anastasia sounds fantastic as always!

Great seeing ya again too GunsGuy.

Another great show, venue was horrible though. Sort of in the middle of nowhere (public transit not easily accessible) and parking was $20... The sound in the venue was decent for me (Phoenix was too loud and this one was a little easier on the ears). Wasn't easy to find a good spot either because of the narrow set-up and large sound pit in the middle.

The Good:

-security wasn't feeling me up

-started on time at 9:15 (lasted about 2 hours)

-I haven't been following the setlists lately so it was a total surprise.

-Anastasia was insane

-Guitar solo was a cool blues-type piece and not Godfather (sick of it)

-You're Crazy was amazing. I think that if we didn't have the Lies version then people would appreciate the AFD version a lot more. It is intense!

-We're All Gonna Die was played. It is one of my favourite tracks from Slash

-The build-up to Slither was cool. I with VR made another album...

The Bad (or really not-so-good):

-Not enough songs from Slash. I wanted to hear Nothing To Say and By The Sword again!

-While RQ could have been a highlight for many at the show, it was better the last 2 shows I've been to.

-It was a full-house but the crowd was dry. No one was really rocking out.

-PC was the finale (I know this will never change)

I'll likely see him again when he returns next year, hopefully it won't be at Sound Academy though. There were rumors that Guns was going to add Toronto show when the UCAP shows started to roll in. It was going to be at Sound Academy and I'm sort of glad it didn't go down....

Great review! :thumbsup:

So some wanted me to review this show, I can do that but will keep it simple.

To put this mildly if you ever have the chance to see ANY gig at this venue DO NOT GO...

- Slash came on stage EXACTLY on time even though people around me were trying to tell me we would be waiting for a long time (LOL wrong show?)

- The sound was clear and crisp from the places I roamed around to, the only problem was I could not see for most of the show.

- I had a great time singing and moving to the music, one song after another.

- Slash has not lost a damn thing, this guy seems to be even better than the last time I saw him, amazing guitar playing of course.

- Highlights for me were, Civil War, Anastasia, You're Crazy, and his solo (we had all said before the show it would be nice if he did something different, and he did!)

Lowlights (the bad)

- whoever decided this place should host any concerts should be shot. Period.

- The worst venue I have ever been to, unless you were on the rail you likely could not see much if anything at all.

- stage WAY too low, the pad around on the edges is LOWER than the rest (wtf?)

- the room was basically a giant rectangle with the stage at the very far end, if you try to get close its even worse view.

- bathrooms near the side of the stage (impossible to get to, even if you could there was no TP before the show)

-

- I don't care who is playing there again, I WILL NEVER GO TO THIS VENUE AGAIN.

Thanks Slash and Co. for giving me a night to remember....

....thanks to Sound Academy for showing me how NOT to run a venue.

Edited by gunsguy

- Slash came on stage EXACTLY on time even though people around me were trying to tell me we would be waiting for a long time (LOL wrong show?)

- The sound was clear and crisp from the places I roamed around to, the only problem was I could not see for most of the show.

- Slash has not lost a damn thing, this guy seems to be even better than the last time I saw him, amazing guitar playing of course.

- Highlights for me were, Civil War, Anastasia, You're Crazy, and his solo (we had all said before the show it would be nice if he did something different, and he did!)

Saw them a few nights ago and agree whole heartedly with your pros.

The show is really paced well as far as getting some energetic songs in the beginning, slow it down a bit in the middle, pick it back up towards the end. Only having the one solo break (which people do seem to really enjoy) keeps the show from dragging or losing momentum.

Slash's playing is also lights out right now. Having seen him in VR compared to now live it is like a night and day experience as he seems so much freer up there. I liked VR, but he just didn't have a chance to let loose with his playing in that outfit the way he does now. Everyone who is a fan of the guy is lucky he is doing this now so we get to see it.

So some wanted me to review this show, I can do that but will keep it simple.

To put this mildly if you ever have the chance to see ANY gig at this venue DO NOT GO...

Great review GG! Looks like the Slash axeman is still delivering high quality shows! :thumbsup: