Is anybody else sick of all the Bumblefoot talk?

Randy Lahey

Is anybody else sick of all the Bumblefoot talk? It's completely laughable (and in poor taste) that people are saying this was 9/11 for New GNR and/or MYGNR. Let's be serious here for a minute. We're talking about a guy who has never even written a song for New GNR.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Is anybody else sick of all the Bumblefoot talk? It's completely laughable (and in poor taste) that people are saying this was 9/11 for New GNR and/or MYGNR. Let's be serious here for a minute. We're talking about a guy who has never even written a song for New GNR.

Pretty much. It was interesting for about 5 minutes.

I don't even understand why everybody is acting like this was something huge, it's just as boring as the rest of things that happen in the GN'R 2012 world.

Not really, while other members remain silent about their time in GNR (before and after leaving as well), Bumble is at least open about his feelings.

I don't even understand why everybody is acting like this was something huge, it's just as boring as the rest of things that happen in the GN'R 2012 world.

Not really, while other members remain silent about their time in GNR (before and after leaving as well), Bumble is at least open about his feelings.

So what? He has already explained what his feelings are a thousand of times. And anyway his feelings won't change or modify a thing in the GN'R world.

So what? He has already explained what his feelings are a thousand of times. And anyway his feelings won't change or modify a thing in the GN'R world.

I like hearing these things, it gives us a perspective on what one really perceives when they're actually in the band.

Like Robin really going apeshit about Axl being late, but shame he didn't tweet about it.

personally I think it's hilarious how big a deal some are making it, like its the most exciting thing that happened to them all week or something :lol:

A forum member said it was mygnrforum's 9/11 and then warchild started an occupy mygnrforum movement stupidity on a scale we are likely not to see for some time.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

If by "new GNR" you mean post-Slash GNR, Slash left 16 years ago. It isn't new anymore. Slash era GNR is old GNR. Bumblefoot era GNR is GNR now.

Couldn't agree more. Hanging on to the whole "New" and/or "Nu" is just plain funny to me.

Side note-

When I'm sick of talking about a subject or someone, the first thing I make sure to do is start a new thread about it.

I think the bigger issue is how the forum is viewed by members of the band, as well as by others who have or have had a relationship with the band. It's not just about Bumble, it's about sending the message that if someone of interest (current lineup, classic lineup, whatever) is interested in interacting with fans here they can do so without getting ambushed. As an example Canter Banter is IMO one of the best parts of the forum, do you think Marc would want to stick around if what happened to Bumble was allowed to happen to him? Doubt it. Special appearances by people of interest go a long way in contributing to the success and viability of a forum, they won't happen if the person of interest doesn't feel comfortable here and doesn't enjoy interacting here.

Having never written a song for GNR has nothing to do with it, he's still a very popular musician. If he wasn't he wouldn't have so many fans or 45,000 Twitter followers, he wouldn't have schoolteachers seeking him out to have their class skype with him.

Side note-

When I'm sick of talking about a subject or someone, the first thing I make sure to do is start a new thread about it.

Best line of the week! :thumbsup:

It's not just about Bumble, it's about sending the message that if someone of interest (current lineup, classic lineup, whatever) is interested in interacting with fans here they can do so without getting ambushed.

The message is completely OK to everyone "important" to know that if they come here with intentions of damage control via bullshit, that their bullshit can and should be called out.

we don't have a bumble chatter subforum here, you know why? because he only comes around when he feels like he has to explain away some shit. fan or no fan, that's sickening behaviour. either come or don't, but doing like he did was fucked up and again, was deserving of getting pointed out and assessed as the garbage it was.

he didn't come here to "interact with fans", how in nine hells you could spin it that far is way beyond me. and comparing that to canter banter is taking a way overdone spin even further. :shrugs:

If by "new GNR" you mean post-Slash GNR, Slash left 16 years ago. It isn't new anymore. Slash era GNR is old GNR. Bumblefoot era GNR is GNR now.

old, new, classic, 2006 etc etc. There was only one GN'R and they all split. Maybe a good name might be Axl's GN'R as that's how it has been since the begining of Chinese Democracy.

Edited by vaida

It's not just about Bumble, it's about sending the message that if someone of interest (current lineup, classic lineup, whatever) is interested in interacting with fans here they can do so without getting ambushed.

The message is completely OK to everyone "important" to know that if they come here with intentions of damage control via bullshit, that their bullshit can and should be called out.

we don't have a bumble chatter subforum here, you know why? because he only comes around when he feels like he has to explain away some shit. fan or no fan, that's sickening behaviour. either come or don't, but doing like he did was fucked up and again, was deserving of getting pointed out and assessed as the garbage it was.

he didn't come here to "interact with fans", how in nine hells you could spin it that far is way beyond me. and comparing that to canter banter is taking a way overdone spin even further. :shrugs:

I don't doubt that he said shit he shouldn't have said in the screenshot, or that he didn't come here to try and minimize the impact of what he said. But what some people fail to realize is that he tried to make amends by having an unscheduled chat on the boards and in the chatroom, he deserves just as much credit for that as he does criticism for what he said in that private conversation. He could have easily posted one message saying "I wasn't serious, I was just fucking around" and then split. But he didnt.

You expect him to have a subforum here with all the hate for the current lineup? They'd have to assign mods to it 24/7 if he did. And I wasn't comparing it to Marc's subforum, I was saying the reason Marc agreed to do it was because only friendly, civil messages are allowed there. If members were allowed to insult him the way they insulted Ron, do you think he'd stick around or come back? Seriously?

Ya gotta remember these guys are just musicians, not saints. They say and do shit they shouldn't just like everybody else, and they have their own issues just like everybody else. Getting pissed off at Ron about what happened the other day is an overreaction.

Edited by The Linguini Occurrence

old, new, classic, 2006 etc etc. There was only one GN'R and they all split. Maybe a good name might be Axl's GN'R as that's how it has been since the begining of Chinese Democracy.

there is only one gnr, but its had various lineups with axl as the only constant. forgive me if the opinion of some foreigner who barely understands english and started following the band a few years ago means nothing to me when it comes to gnr history.

To some people, the Slash and Axl duo was the defining element to old-Guns. The old/new thing for me anyway is just a way of separating the two eras, some people use it more as a derogative term

there is only one gnr, but its had various lineups with axl as the only constant. forgive me if the opinion of some foreigner who barely understands english and started following the band a few years ago means nothing to me when it comes to gnr history.

Could you sound more douche? Don't mistake someone's lack of language skills for stupidity.

Edited by jekylhyde