Would anyone else like to see Axl appearing on the Jimmy Fallon show?

sascha

So the appereance on the Jimmy Kimmel show went pretty well, how about him doing some more of that? How about Jimmy Fallon? I remember the guy announcing Guns on the VMA's and I loved how he did it. He's also seems to be the most 'into music' talk show host, doing some hillarious stuff but never taking the piss on musicians.

Axl doesn't seem to be into this kind of stuff much but given the right atmosphere he might get something out of it, if only for giving the whole band a huge boost with such likeable and down earth apperances. I for one got more out of those chilled ten minutes last night than I got out of an hour of That Metal Show interview, much better vibe last night. Bumble joining the show band was pretty cool too. An acoustic performance with just Axl and Richard is what I'd like to see next time he does one of these shows. And I hope he does!

Anyone else would like to see Axl appearing on the Jimmy Fallon show?

There was something floating around last year where jimmy Fallon listed axl as one of top guests he'd love to have.. Fuck as much as a lot people don't like piers Morgan, it'd be cool if axl did that. Then it's like 42 minutes as opposed to a 12 minute interview..

Guest RonMexico82

He could do Fallon, Conan, Leno and get used to being back in the spotlight on tv. You could tell he was nervous on Kimmel. Then if he is a bit more comfortable he could do a more serious interview. Piers Morgan is a cunt though. I'd love to see Axl on Jonathon Ross too.

There was something floating around last year where jimmy Fallon listed axl as one of top guests he'd love to have.. Fuck as much as a lot people don't like piers Morgan, it'd be cool if axl did that. Then it's like 42 minutes as opposed to a 12 minute interview..

CNN would be good only because it's on globally. I think if GNR were doing a world tour, it would be a good show to go on, but Piers would be getting into questions Axl doesn't want to answer.

I think if he was going to to a big interview, he'd be going on Howard Stern, who's uncensored and the interview could go for hours, but he knows Howard tends to make guests uncomfortable, which Jimmy doesn't do. TMZ seems to get one thing from Howard's show a week.

I think at some point, even if Axl has an uneasy history with Rolling Stone, will do another big interview for them. Howard Stern would be the place he'd prob. go if he was going to get into more detail on personal stuff, but Howard's good about not pushing people into answering things they don't want to. At least with Sirius, GNR could have their own channel, and play all the bootlegs and soundboards from over the years, past and present, and even take part in hosting shows themselves.

I loved last nights appearance first off. He came off very charming, generous, and funny! Can't beat that trio! I would love for him to do Fallon or Ellen, another fun stint before any heavy hitting interview. Honestly, if he does do a heavy interview I would like it to be televised, I just don't think he comes across that well in a print article, they always seem to slant him in a bad direction with the fodder between quotes and you can tell a lot by someones facial expressions when they are talking that makes the same exact sentence in print bring on a whole new meaning.

If he didn't Fallon, I'd want him to do it the way Springsteen has: Axl as the only guest, shortened monologue, and two performances by the band. With a record to promote, Jimmy could even do Guns N' Roses week the way he did Springsteen week. Bruce and the band played Monday, there was a different band doing a cover each night Tues, Wed, and Thurs, and then Friday was like I just described before. I can see it now: Jimmy in his Neil Young get-up dueting with Axl dressed as 1980s Axl? Would be EPIC!

Now hopefully people will stop bashing Slash for doing the media events to promote his albums and tours.

It would be awesome to see Axl do a few talk shows and interviews. Last night was pretty great and is getting great reviews.

This was a very positive step!!!

If he didn't Fallon, I'd want him to do it the way Springsteen has: Axl as the only guest, shortened monologue, and two performances by the band. With a record to promote, Jimmy could even do Guns N' Roses week the way he did Springsteen week. Bruce and the band played Monday, there was a different band doing a cover each night Tues, Wed, and Thurs, and then Friday was like I just described before. I can see it now: Jimmy in his Neil Young get-up dueting with Axl dressed as 1980s Axl? Would be EPIC!

This! Word for word!

the jimmy kimmel interview was purely contract reasons part of the Vegas contract was if they shows don't sell x amount of tickets within a time frame axl would have to do a TV interview to boost sales

i think it has worked given the yahoo and twitter interest has risen hugely

Source?

the jimmy kimmel interview was purely contract reasons part of the Vegas contract was if they shows don't sell x amount of tickets within a time frame axl would have to do a TV interview to boost sales

Source?

I am not one to boast or anything like that at all but i have contacts within the current line up and management team

if no one believes me its not going to offend me as there is hundreds of so called " insiders "

my source is someone close to Fernando

but again believe what you wish giving the sheer amount of fakes out there i wouldn't believe me neither

No all good.

I think Axl should go on JF's show. We know Jimmy is a huge Axl and GNR fan, and I think Jimmy would let Axl do all the talking.

I would love to see Jimmy and Axl do a sketch where Jimmy is Axl and Axl is someone else. I think that would be so damn funny.

Something like what Mick Jagger did on SNL. If Jagger can make fun of himself, Axl can too!

Source?

I am not one to boast or anything like that at all but i have contacts within the current line up and management team

if no one believes me its not going to offend me as there is hundreds of so called " insiders "

my source is someone close to Fernando

but again believe what you wish giving the sheer amount of fakes out there i wouldn't believe me neither

Would they appreciate you blabbering everything on the board then?

CNN would be good only because it's on globally. I think if GNR were doing a world tour, it would be a good show to go on, but Piers would be getting into questions Axl doesn't want to answer.

I think if he was going to to a big interview, he'd be going on Howard Stern, who's uncensored and the interview could go for hours, but he knows Howard tends to make guests uncomfortable, which Jimmy doesn't do. TMZ seems to get one thing from Howard's show a week.

I think at some point, even if Axl has an uneasy history with Rolling Stone, will do another big interview for them. Howard Stern would be the place he'd prob. go if he was going to get into more detail on personal stuff, but Howard's good about not pushing people into answering things they don't want to. At least with Sirius, GNR could have their own channel, and play all the bootlegs and soundboards from over the years, past and present, and even take part in hosting shows themselves.

Axl was on Howard twice in the early 90's. Once with Baz, Baz's wife, and Erin.