o2 screening cancelled in australia.

bumblerose

Before it got cancelled i checked the seating arrangement at my local cinema and it appeared that only 25 or so tickets had sold while the capacity is around 300.

One of our local radio stations had been giving tickets away in a contest to answer GnR trivia daily at lunchtime.

It would appear that most of the tickets "sold" were only give aways.

Edited by megaguns1982

a user on htgth posted this

The manager of Showcase Birmingham called me today, and explained how it's impossible to do a refund without me being present. I let him have it, told him it's completely unacceptable and unproffesional, and that I was going to make a complaint and take it further. He tried to bargain with me by saying that when I collected my refund, I could watch any film I wanted for free. I said forget it, I paid my ticket to see GN'R, just refund my damn money on my card.

He then told me how Guns N' Roses management has cancelled it, and may be shown early next year. And he also added how in the 5 years he worked there, he had never came across a cancellation like this.

I re affirmed my position of it being a joke, and he had to agree with me. I wasn't going to back down, and he said he will call me tomorrow with another solution to the problem.

All this to get your money back for the damn ticket.

I could of used that $40 on the fucking cup today lol

You could have chucked it on Green Moon and been up $880. :(

I picked the winner last year but no luck today :(

So you lost twice.

Suck shit :lol:

the funny thing is, any horse that raced in todays cup had better odds than anything gnr plans. I guess I wasted $40.00 on the outside favorite with this screening shit :lol:

I really didn't have anything bad to say about GNR 'management' until now. I mean, I think everyone deserves a chance at something, the whole 'innocent until proven guilty' mantra. But this cancellation is just unprofessional. To get to the point where it's being promoted and then pull the pin at the last minute without a proper explanation is fucking tragic.

I doubt it would have anything to do with poor ticket sales. There was no mention anywhere of having to pre-book and I would imagine a lot of tickets are generally sold just prior to the screening anyway. It's got me stumped to be honest.

Cancelling it blows any chance of any future release in the cinema. Because even less fans will buy tickets if they reattempt the cinema screening

Best that can be hoped for is a DVD/Bluray now

im not spending my money again on a gnr/dvd release (especially if its from an inferior show like the o2), ill download that shit

Edited by Gunns

Can't we just assume it's not going to be shown anywhere?

Management have cancelled it worldwide

Yeah. So why are people so surprised and starting loads of threads for each country/continent lol. Obviously not getting shown anywhere.