Has Madagascar been dropped because Axl can't sing it anymore?

wfse

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for all the criticism, I sure don't see anyone volunteering how to do it better, or doing it better themselves?

It doesnt seem to matter what songs they do, how they do them, the people on this forum are never happy. Always ready to complain and never bringing anything forward that would suggest, change or improve. For all those that talk about his 'mickey' voice, lets hear you do a youtube up and hear what YOUR 'rasp' is like. hmm? didn't think so. You all talk a fair amount yet, I doubt if you were put on stage, youd do nothing more than wet your pants for us all to youtube.

Perfect.

Actually, you know what pisses me off the most about MSL and co.'s militant 'the sets are great and make perfect sense' stance? You're all justifying something Axl never wanted to happen: becoming a legacy nostalgia act relying on and placating the same bunch of casual fans of 20-year-old music. He wanted to take over the world with Bucket, Robin and Brain and put out 3 records in quick succession and have the shows based around the new material and gain a new legion of young fans and be relevant and respected and show the alumni how wrong they were and create a new legacy that meant as much as old-GN'R's. You talk like everything that's happened and where he is now, opening with the same 3 friggin songs every night after 11 years, is what he wanted and worked so hard for all these years. If that's what you think and hence your crazy justifying of it then you're stupid or uninformed. I wanted the best for him because to me he's one of the great pure hard rock artists of all time. I wanted for him what he wanted, not this nostalgic pantomime.

yeah, but that was a stupid belief. axl was full of anger and hubris and talked a bunch of shit he couldn't possibly ever back-up, even if he rehearsed and worked out. gnr with buckethead was never, ever, ever in a million years going to work. middle aged axl was never going to eclipse his former accomplishments. if anyone was stupid enough to believe all that hype, it's their own fault. if they feel jaded or disappointed over the demise of the hilariously doomed buckethead years, then they need to channel that disappointment right back at themselves.

personally, i'm happy that axl seems to have gotten over those sad, proud delusions. i like that the new band is a throwback to cockrock and not an attempt to run from it. i like ashba, and like how axl's cool hiring a guy like that who he would have totally laughed off back whne the whole chinese democracy debacle started. i like how he's doing nostalgia acts and vegas revues. this is totally the level axl should be aiming for, and should have been aiming for the whole time. if that was his goal, he would have succeeded. there would still be bitter fans of the old band, but at least there wouldn't be bitter fans of the first nuline-up, who sadly believed that buckethead, paul tobias and robin finck were just about to take over the world, until axl dropped the ball. truth is, they never had the ball.

for all the criticism, I sure don't see anyone volunteering how to do it better, or doing it better themselves?

It doesnt seem to matter what songs they do, how they do them, the people on this forum are never happy. Always ready to complain and never bringing anything forward that would suggest, change or improve. For all those that talk about his 'mickey' voice, lets hear you do a youtube up and hear what YOUR 'rasp' is like. hmm? didn't think so. You all talk a fair amount yet, I doubt if you were put on stage, youd do nothing more than wet your pants for us all to youtube.

So wait, just because someone can't necessarily sing better, they aren't allowed to voice their opinion that they dislike Axl's current vocals?

By that logic, nobody is ever allowed to criticize anything. That would render a discussion board kind of useless. If I say I think the Scary Movie series is awful, am I not allowed then to say so because I haven't personally gone out and made a better movie?

Exactly.

What an idiotic post that guy made.

First off, 4-5 people posting they don't like something doesn't translate into the entire fan base complaining about the band's every move.

Second, DJ and Dizzy both hyped the residency.

Third, being a fan doesn't mean that you have to blindly worship a band's every move.

Fourth.....incredible logic. so only professional singers can comment on Axl? I've never played pro football, so I can't say that mark sanchez sucked last night?

Fifth, singing is a job. It doesn't make Axl a God. I guarantee you he can't do the jobs that a lot of his fans do. Why do you people put him up on a pedestal like he is a God that is above honest criticism?

So wait, just because someone can't necessarily sing better, they aren't allowed to voice their opinion that they dislike Axl's current vocals?

By that logic, nobody is ever allowed to criticize anything. That would render a discussion board kind of useless. If I say I think the Scary Movie series is awful, am I not allowed then to say so because I haven't personally gone out and made a better movie?

Exactly.

First off, 4-5 people posting they don't like something doesn't translate into the entire fan base complaining about the band's every move.

Third, being a fan doesn't mean that you have to blindly worship a band's every move.

Fourth.....incredible logic. so only professional singers can comment on Axl? I've never played pro football, so I can't say that mark sanchez sucked last night?

Fifth, singing is a job. It doesn't make Axl a God. I guarantee you he can't do the jobs that a lot of his fans do. Why do you people put him up on a pedestal like he is a God that is above honest criticism?

perfect post, groghan. it's amazing how blind (and def) some fans can be.

Exactly.

perfect post, groghan. it's amazing how blind (and def) some fans can be.

+1.

Exactly.

Blasphemy. You will burn in hell for this post, Judas.