Will the next record have the same sound as CD?

wasted

why would he release the leftovers of an already flopped album?

So nowadays album that sold more three million copies is considered a flop ? come back when Slash sells million and a half discs of AL

Your math sucks. Contraband whooped Chinese in a lot of ways.

Grammy? Check.

Singles? Check.

Music videos? Check.

U.S. Sales? Check.

Billboard debut? #1. Axl's little $15 million record was #3.

Provide source that Contraband outsold Chinese Democracy could n`t give two shits about grammies, singles, music videos and especially U.S. sales world does n`t revolve around the States

It has been proven extensively, and you can find the data on these forums. CD sold 2.8-3 mil. tops.

CD has flopped commerically as well as artistically I am afraid.

When you compare CD which bears the GNR name you should compare it with AFD and UYI. Contraband is different band. Since many guys claim this is Guns N' Roses, shouldn't it be compared to what Guns N' Roses normally published and sold? So in those terms it is a huge flop. Axl could release farting noises under the GNR name and it would still go platinum. Well CD doesn't really differ from that concept artistically.

pd_CD_Front_Cover_High_res.jpg

mmcd.gif

here`s newsflesh for you it`s not 1991 anymore and no album will ever sell 20 million units it`s impossible in this tima and age name another big Rock band that has sold 10 million cds let alone 20 million and that "fart" ( Slashtards can be very annoying at times ) is better then anything Slash & Co have released since their departure

You didn't read my post now did you? GNR was as popular as pop artists back then. CD flopped. Deal with it in your life.

Edited by izzydoezit

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So nowadays album that sold more three million copies is considered a flop ? come back when Slash sells million and a half discs of AL

Grammy? Check.

Singles? Check.

Music videos? Check.

U.S. Sales? Check.

Provide source that Contraband outsold Chinese Democracy could n`t give two shits about grammies, singles, music videos and especially U.S. sales world does n`t revolve around the States

It has been proven extensively, and you can find the data on these forums. CD sold 2.8-3 mil. tops.

CD has flopped commerically as well as artistically I am afraid.

When you compare CD which bears the GNR name you should compare it with AFD and UYI. Contraband is different band. Since many guys claim this is Guns N' Roses, shouldn't it be compared to what Guns N' Roses normally published and sold? So in those terms it is a huge flop. Axl could release farting noises under the GNR name and it would still go platinum. Well CD doesn't really differ from that concept artistically.

pd_CD_Front_Cover_High_res.jpg

mmcd.gif

here`s newsflesh for you it`s not 1991 anymore and no album will ever sell 20 million units it`s impossible in this tima and age name another big Rock band that has sold 10 million cds let alone 20 million and that "fart" ( Slashtards can be very annoying at times ) is better then anything Slash & Co have released since their departure

You didn't read my post now did you? GNR was as popular as pop artists back then. CD flopped. Deal with it in your life.

You clearly have reading comprehension issues I don`t have to get over anything it`s you who should deal with one simple fact there`ll never be reunion you should stop crying and change your diapers the sooner you make peace with it the better and healthier for you

Yes it's the bands lack of ability.

Guns N' Roses used to be big and mainstream (they and their managers worked for that) and sold 20million. They were as big as any pop star back then and even back then rock was considered "dead" just like today.

Nowdays Adele sells 25 million. So don't give me the 'state of the music industry' crap.

You compare Adele with Guns? how is that the same? Adele is mainstream, we're talking about rock bands here.

Besides, that's more the exception to the rule. The majority of artists nowdays don't sell like Lady Gaga and Adele, and you'll be hard pressed to find any rock band that sells millions of copies. Your comparison is biased imo.

GNR was mainstream back then. Now they are simply not. And there were bands in the 00s (like Linkin Park that sold millions) that were mainstream too.

If a rock band comes up with songs and albums that are there up with AFD then they will sell millions.

Still I and most people outside these forums consider CD a major artistic and commercial flop. I have NEVER heard a CD song on the radio. Velvet Revolver are not common on the radio either but at least I get to hear them once in a while. CD... never = commercial flop. And before you tell me that there are many bands that don't get played often on the radio, let me remind you that Axl had a 100% commercial thing going on. They didn't spend over 13 million dollars to aim for the indie audience. It was intented to be a big thing. And it was hyped and anticipated as far as it goes. No other album had such hype built up. Considering all those facts it's definately positively a flop.

GNR was mainstream back then. Now they are simply not. And there were bands in the 00s (like Linkin Park that sold millions) that were mainstream too.

If a rock band comes up with songs and albums that are there up with AFD then they will sell millions.

Still I and most people outside these forums consider CD a major artistic and commercial flop. I have NEVER heard a CD song on the radio. Velvet Revolver are not common on the radio either but at least I get to hear them once in a while. CD... never = commercial flop. And before you tell me that there are many bands that don't get played often on the radio, let me remind you that Axl had a 100% commercial thing going on. They didn't spend over 13 million dollars to aim for the indie audience. It was intented to be a big thing. And it was hyped and anticipated as far as it goes. No other album had such hype built up. Considering all those facts it's definately positively a flop.

This post was really important, cause now I realize I was just wasting my time trying to explain to you why rock bands don't sell 20 million copies in 2012, or the difference between a rock band back then with no music piracy and internet compared to the commercial landscape that we have currently. I hope you don't really believe the shit you type. (no offense)

Didn't Axl make the front of the times... The most expensive record ever made.

The only times I heard CD on the radio is when Stern played the I.R.S. leak, and the CD single being played on KROCK I think it was. They should have sent the radio stations a version without that way too long intro. Having it start with the main guitar riff.

Maybe it might have gotten more play. Also heard on the radio people criticize that weird falsetto drum loop intro before Better.

With less Pittman Drum Loop intro weird stuff I think it could have gotten more air play.

IF Gnr use any material leftovers from the CD Days, I hope they re-record it... Live... As a band. So it sounds fresh.

Edited by jimb0

I don't understand your denial. Today is not 1991, and piracy has not killed rock n' roll sales selectively. You do understand what you are saying is bullshit right?

Which part is bullshit, exactly? You refuse to understand the influence of the music industry right now on all artists, while grouping together Adele with Guns.

Your views are naive if you think a band can sell 20 million copies just because they have great material, or that all the blame should be put on things Axl didn't do.

If you had an argument you would have said something that made sense by now.

Edited by Rovim

Grammy? Check.

Singles? Check.

Music videos? Check.

U.S. Sales? Check.

So sales, hit songs and the top music industry awards mean nothing to you in terms of judging success? Weird. What standards are relevant to you then?

Grammy? Check.

Singles? Check.

Music videos? Check.

U.S. Sales? Check.

So sales, hit songs and the top music industry awards mean nothing to you in terms of judging success? Weird. What standards are relevant to you then?

I don`t care if Contraband sold more then Chinese and got more recognition singles videos etc all these accolades and awards mean nothing to me I still prefer CD

Grammy? Check.

Singles? Check.

Music videos? Check.

U.S. Sales? Check.

Groghan it doesn't mean shit. There is tons of bands we will never know that are GREAT. Just because they don't have the music industry backing them up doesn't make them any less great.

Grammy? Check.

Singles? Check.

Music videos? Check.

U.S. Sales? Check.

I don`t care if Contraband sold more then Chinese and got more recognition singles videos etc all these accolades and awards mean nothing to me I still prefer CD

Then why did you bring up Slash's sales totals? You brought the comparison into this discussion.

I prefer CD, by a mile, over anything Slash has released. But I'm not such an Axl Nuttswinger that I can't admit that Slash has been more successful than Axl.

But it isn't a competition. We don't need to make it one or always insult the other one. Like who you want to like.

Please take my post in context.

This poster downgraded Slash because of the sales total of his last album. Another poster countered that Slash has actually been more successful than Axl in terms of hits, sales and industry awards.

The poster whi BROUGHT up sales totals then said that sales don't matter.

My response was specifically to his comments.

But I ask u the same question. So in your world, sales, hit songs and Grammy awards aren't standards to measure success? So appetite's sales totals and GnR hit songs like scom and Nov rain aren't things we can use when talking about the old bands success?

Edited by Groghan

Grammy? Check.

Singles? Check.

Music videos? Check.

U.S. Sales? Check.

Then why did you bring up Slash's sales totals? You brought the comparison into this discussion.

I prefer CD, by a mile, over anything Slash has released. But I'm not such an Axl Nuttswinger that I can't admit that Slash has been more successful than Axl.

But it isn't a competition. We don't need to make it one or always insult the other one. Like who you want to like.

Please take my post in context.

This poster downgraded Slash because of the sales total of his last album. Another poster countered that Slash has actually been more successful than Axl in terms of hits, sales and industry awards.

The poster whi BROUGHT up sales totals then said that sales don't matter.

My response was specifically to his comments.

But I ask u the same question. So in your world, sales, hit songs and Grammy awards aren't standards to measure success? So appetite's sales totals and GnR hit songs like scom and Nov rain aren't things we can use when talking about the old bands success?

WTF ? what does Appetite and November Rain have to do with this discussion ? I responded to the poster who called CD a flop it`s bullshit Chinese is n`t a flop by any means it sold 3 million copies actually it was a success no Rock album will sell 20 or 30 million units now if you bothered to read my original response you`d know that I did n`t mention Contraband I mention AL ( Apocalypotic Love ) Slash is more commercially successful then Axl I`m not denying it but awards and accolades don`t equate quality and last thing I am is a nuttswinger

Edited by Son of a Guns