music piracy

WAR™

Hi Marc,

what do you think about the music piracy ?

it's all about money ? or there's something more beyond ?

as costumer, have you ever downloaded something illegally ?

talking about chinese democracy, do you think it could sale better without all the leaks and shit like that ?

Everything would sell better without illegal downloads. Even Taylor Swift, who opened up with 1.2 million copies in October. I mean, I illegally downloaded her album. :P

But I don't think that's the real crime here. I think Internet is really what's causing the lackluster album sales in general. We no longer have one artist monopolizing the industry because now we have access to billions of other artists thanks to the Internet. So our money is just getting distributed to other people rather than concentrated on one person.

We no longer have one artist monopolizing the industry because now we have access to billions of other artists thanks to the Internet. So our money is just getting distributed to other people rather than concentrated on one person.

That's actually a really good point, it's the same reason why ratings for the three major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC) will never be as high as they were because now people have access to so many more channels thanks to satellite and cable.

Before bands would give away stickers and shirts to help sell records, now they give away music to sell merchandise. Also bands would tour to sell music now they tour to pay the bills. To make money these days from music is very rare. When I was a kid I used to copy records to tape all the time. My kids download music from Youtube. It's so easy to get free music these days why would most people pay for it?

Edited by recklessroad

Fuck the music business, before they would steal peoples money by selling them an album with just 2 or 3 good songs; but now they bitch when we can just download the good stuff. :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

yup, the music business only has itself to blame for what they have done to themselves.

Before bands would give away stickers and shirts to help sell records, now they give away music to sell merchandise. Also bands would tour to sell music not they tour to pay the bills. To make money these days from music is very rare. When I was a kid I used to copy records to tape all the time. My kids download music from Youtube. It's so easy to get free music these days why would most people pay for it?

I completely agree, money isn't made off albums it is made off merchandise and tours. Prince actually gave away his last album for free, it came free with the newspapers in Ireland and England. He didn't even bother to release it online or sell it in stores.

Before bands would give away stickers and shirts to help sell records, now they give away music to sell merchandise. Also bands would tour to sell music not they tour to pay the bills. To make money these days from music is very rare. When I was a kid I used to copy records to tape all the time. My kids download music from Youtube. It's so easy to get free music these days why would most people pay for it?

Sometimes friends would pool money together,buy one album on cassette/cd then copy it for more friends.LoL

Same thing with the radio,wait for a song to play,hit record,copy it for a friend.Im guilty of doing this LOL

It's just more people on this planet now and more have access to the Internet. And it's so much easier to hit download LoL

I guess there is still the older people such as myself who still prefer the physical copy of the CD though. I enjoy holding it in my hand and looking through the lyrics, pictures, thank you lists etc... Anyone else here still prefer the CD ?

I guess bands could package more together such as a big book of pictures, a tshirt, stickers and stuff like that with a CD and maybe more people would buy it in that form?

I guess there is still the older people such as myself who still prefer the physical copy of the CD though. I enjoy holding it in my hand and looking through the lyrics, pictures, thank you lists etc... Anyone else here still prefer the CD ?

I guess bands could package more together such as a big book of pictures, a tshirt, stickers and stuff like that with a CD and maybe more people would buy it in that form?

I do very much so, i always buy a cd, cassette or vinyl. i will download an album if i like it i will buy it. I am very proud of my music collection :lol:

I do very much so, i always buy a cd, cassette or vinyl. i will download an album if i like it i will buy it. I am very proud of my music collection :lol:

where are you getting the casette releases?

where are you getting the casette releases?

amazon,ebay or going through local flea markets and things like this. it is a great way to find vinyl and cassettes. i got lucky once a few years back a store had a clearance sale of all the cassettes they had i ended up getting the first 10 sabbath abums for 20 dollars :lol:

plus some newer bands will still release music on cassette. john haughm from agalloch released his solo EP on cassette

751107805-1.jpg