Guns n Roses tour Australia March 2013

rock4eva

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. Gonna have to go cos I haven't seen Axl yet. But fuck what a shit venue for Melbourne. :max: I'd be worried about them selling tickets for Sidney Myer - the venue holds 25,000 or so. By comparison the last time they played here in 2007 they were at Rod Laver Arena which holds 15,000. Slash sold 10,000 tickets when he was here in August FYI.

so many damn gigs at one time, like a fortnight - Tomahawk, Soundwave Festival, maybe Kiss/Motley, Grinspoon, Future Music and now Guns N' Roses. Thats like 2 years worth of gigs for me in 2 weeks ! :lol:

Oh and whoever is responsible for putting GH on that poster should be shot to pieces. Disgraceful.

Edited by Johnny Drama

I've seen 2 incarnations of the new band twice in Sydney. That's enough for me. Until Axl releases new music and gets a real band behind him (doesn't have to be Slash and Co) I'm not interested.

Besides, I'm not paying to see BBF, Stinson, Ashba and Ferrer. Those guys should be pumping gas.

I'd say that for the last two not the first two guys.

I've seen 2 incarnations of the new band twice in Sydney. That's enough for me. Until Axl releases new music and gets a real band behind him (doesn't have to be Slash and Co) I'm not interested.

Besides, I'm not paying to see BBF, Stinson, Ashba and Ferrer. Those guys should be pumping gas.

You're right.

BBF and Stinson should be working at a music store. Ashba and Ferrer should be pumping gas.

There's nothing yet on Ticketmaster or even on the McManus Entertainment website. Obviously still very early days. But any talk is good IMO.

I'll be going to the Melbourne show (provided it goes ahead). I don't care what venue, I don't care what time they come one, I don't care what they sing. I just want to see them LIVE!!!!!! If this happens it will be a dream come true for me! I missed out on 88 coz my Mum wouldn't let me go - it was a school night. I've never let her forget it either. :lol:

And I was always overseas or interstate for their other shows here in Australia.

FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Edited by Redhead74

If this happens it will be a dream come true for me! I missed out on 88 coz my Mum wouldn't let me go - it was a school night. I've never let her forget it either. :lol:

That's unforgettable. Seriously. That's a grudge to take to the grave IMO :lol:

I know. I still get shitty thinking about it. Whenever I have an argument with her (which is not very often lately) I always bring it up. :lol:

If this happens it will be a dream come true for me! I missed out on 88 coz my Mum wouldn't let me go - it was a school night. I've never let her forget it either. :lol:

That's unforgettable. Seriously. That's a grudge to take to the grave IMO :lol:

I know. I still get shitty thinking about it. Whenever I have an argument with her (which is not very often lately) I always bring it up. :lol:

I can kill her for $9,000.

EDIT: I normally charge $10,000 but you get the very popular mate's rates discount of 10% ;)

Edited by Johnny Drama

Its a shit venue man. I'd personally avoid it if you can't get seated tickets. GA is an abomination.

Have to agree its not one of my favourite venues

I dont know how anyone can see in GA do they have screens up on the hill Johnny?

Notice the date 17th March Looks like they are the F1 bands

From this year

F1 Rocks Lenny Kravitz, Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne Australia, 17 March 2012

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Its a shit venue man. I'd personally avoid it if you can't get seated tickets. GA is an abomination.

Have to agree its not one of my favourite venues

I dont know how anyone can see in GA do they have screens up on the hill Johnny?

Notice the date 17th March Looks like they are the F1 bands

From this year

F1 Rocks Lenny Kravitz, Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne Australia, 17 March 2012

Nah there's no screens at all. For Soundgarden we were only like 3 people in from the front of GA and the band still looked like ants. Cornell was recognisable because he's Chris Cornell, Kim looked an Indian guy which helped :lol: and Ben and Matt could have been Duff and Steven with short brown hair for all I could see :lol:

There's nothing yet on Ticketmaster or even on the McManus Entertainment website. Obviously still very early days. But any talk is good IMO.

I'll be going to the Melbourne show (provided it goes ahead). I don't care what venue, I don't care what time they come one, I don't care what they sing. I just want to see them LIVE!!!!!! If this happens it will be a dream come true for me! I missed out on 88 coz my Mum wouldn't let me go - it was a school night. I've never let her forget it either. :lol:

And I was always overseas or interstate for their other shows here in Australia.

FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Hey why don't you & I apply to do security that night? Can't get much closer to the stage than that. smileys-police-209510.gif

You're right.

BBF and Stinson should be working at a music store. Ashba™ and Ferrer should be pumping gas.

And they'd still be making more $ than you

Edited by Chris 55

Hmm..interesting....Melbourne gig coincides with F1 Grand Prix weekend, venue is only 5 mins away from the Albert Park race track , if your travelling to Melb better book your accommodation early...

I would say its a high chance that they are the band for the F1 event

Nui was spot on with his info!

You're right.

BBF and Stinson should be working at a music store. Ashba™ and Ferrer should be pumping gas.

you're a boss man

I always had a good laugh when i saw your signature image :rofl-lol:

Definitely thinking of heading to Melbourne for a show and then seeing if another show is possible to fit in. Saving starts now - so hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you at the shows I do get to go to. Any idea when they go on sale - and are flights cheaper that time of the year from Adelaide?

Definitely thinking of heading to Melbourne for a show and then seeing if another show is possible to fit in. Saving starts now - so hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you at the shows I do get to go to. Any idea when they go on sale - and are flights cheaper that time of the year from Adelaide?

Jetstar have cheap flights on sale atm for travel during the tour time frame. Just a pain in the ass the dates arent confirmed yet.

Hmm..interesting....Melbourne gig coincides with F1 Grand Prix weekend, venue is only 5 mins away from the Albert Park race track , if your travelling to Melb better book your accommodation early...

I would say its a high chance that they are the band for the F1 event

If that's the case are you saying they will play twice in Melbourne? What night is the F1 concert usually ?

Johnny D - how was Soundgarden? I saw Cornell's solo show in Brisbane which was cool.

Redhead - I can knock off your mum for a carton of beer :)