In your estimation, what percentage of people know that Axl is the sole remaining original member?

saber_

Everyone knows but Axl is such a one off its a bit like Axl works with dufferent songwriters, guitarists under the GNR name. I think people arw much more open minded. It might be crazy but its entertaining. Its like oh Axl is late and will fire Ron on stage tonight. This is is real GNR show!!! I mean if ypu havent waited for Axl what kind of fan are you?

I am going to guess many more people realize that Slash is no longer in the band than know Slash, Duff, and Popcorn are not original members either. :shades:

People like to act like others dont know, but Axl and Slash are such polarizing people that there are very few people who have no heard of this break up of the original lineup. Honestly, unless you are under a rock everyone knows. I honestly don't think in this era of media coverage that anyone doesnt know. Cmon, MTV, VH1 itunes, podcast internet radio, youtube, give me a fucking break.

Virtually everyone knows, and most don't give a shit either.

Do you really think people have not heard of that in the last 20+ fucking years? Really?

Edited by Gunzen

Not many people are forking over $100 to see GnR that don't know that Slash isn't in the band anymore.

I would say 95% of people that attend shows know.

Thats what I would say also. Those that are still following the band and have checked up on them or researched them at all in the last 5 years most likely know the whole scoop. Fans that attend the shows are most likely aware of it and 5% is probably pretty accurate that maybe have no idea. I would be surprised if anyone paying $100 for GNR in 2013 doesn't know its not the original band anymore.

In terms of very casual fans or those that knew the band back in the day and as part of the history of rock but never really got into their music, they probably know very little. I would say 60% probably don't even know a band named GNR is still even touring, and that 80% of those fans not going to shows don't know or care that its just Axl. I really don't think its as widely known as us hardcore fans think.

90%

the remaining 10% mostly are stupid latin american fans

Hey you racist ass hole, why would we the latin american fans be stupid? show some respect and think a litlle bit before writting in your computer, motherfucker!

Because they only known their own language (you are a perfect example: ass hole = asshole). I'm tired reading spanish/portugal comments on the GNR related sites

For the record: i'm not a racist, i DO NOT have any problem with Latin American (or whatev) people, just the "fanboys & girls" are annoying as fuck

90%

Hey you racist ass hole, why would we the latin american fans be stupid? show some respect and think a litlle bit before writting in your computer, motherfucker!

I think he meant "Latin American fans that are stupid." As in the stupid fans that are Latin American, not that all Latin American fans are stupid. Poor wording, though.

yup, my bad

(my grammar sucks too :awesomeface:

think he meant "Latin American fans that are stupid." As in the stupid fans that are Latin American, not that all Latin American fans are stupid. Poor wording, though.

Oh don't do PR for crash diet. It was stereotyping, plain and simple. There was no wording issue. He knew exactly what he was typing. And he deserved to be checked.

On topic:

How much of an impact do you think the internet has had on the public's awareness? One could argue that some of the older casual fans, from the 80's, may not utilize the internet as younger people do.

Fuck off, you muppet

Edited by Crash Diet

90%

Because they only known their own language (you are a perfect example: ass hole = asshole). I'm tired reading spanish/portugal comments on the GNR related sites

For the record: i'm not a racist, i DO NOT have any problem with Latin American (or whatev) people, just the "fanboys & girls" are annoying as fuck

90%

I think he meant "Latin American fans that are stupid." As in the stupid fans that are Latin American, not that all Latin American fans are stupid. Poor wording, though.

yup, my bad

(my grammar sucks too :awesomeface:

think he meant "Latin American fans that are stupid." As in the stupid fans that are Latin American, not that all Latin American fans are stupid. Poor wording, though.

Oh don't do PR for crash diet. It was stereotyping, plain and simple. There was no wording issue. He knew exactly what he was typing. And he deserved to be checked.

On topic:

How much of an impact do you think the internet has had on the public's awareness? One could argue that some of the older casual fans, from the 80's, may not utilize the internet as younger people do.

Fuck off, you muppet

"they only known their own language"

"I'm tired reading spanish/portugal comments"

know

of

Spanish

Portuguese

You can turn in your grammar police badge now. Perhaps in future you should refrain from chastising others on their usage of the English language, at least until you've mastered it yourself.

However I'm sure everyone will write "asshole" correctly now when insulting you!

What a sorry joke this board has become.

I can't remember the last time I heard someone assume Slash was still in Guns n Roses. I think most are pretty aware. I remember at a couple concerts I went to, I could hear people confusing Richard Fortus with Izzy. I've had people ask me if Buckethead was still in the band though.

So, in my sampling, 100% know it's not the original line up.

At the same time, 100% do not know who exactly is in the band.

let's take it easy with the vaguely racist comments, eh? even if you just misspoke and weren't referring to all latin americans, clearly it has offended some people here. cheers.

You mean in 3rd world countries? The only places where folks are cool with Axl pretending t's nineteen ninety fucking two?

Enough with being an Axl fan already!!! Fuck him he doesn't even have the fucking balls to release what dj slashba believes is magical material...

If that's how you feel, then please take it to the Attitude section and/or stick to whatever does interest you. Don't ruin it for the people who do still like Axl Rose.

"they only known their own language"

"I'm tired reading spanish/portugal comments"

know

of

Spanish

Portuguese

You can turn in your grammar police badge now. Perhaps in future you should refrain from chastising others on their usage of the English language, at least until you've mastered it yourself.

However I'm sure everyone will write "asshole" correctly now when insulting you!

What a sorry joke this board has become.

+1

Crash Diet is an obnoxious cupcake. Posting histories don't lie.

Edited by brainsaber

Latin fans and people are amazing, they know how to have fun, Crash Diet is just a cock anyway. Pretty much 95% of fans know Slash is done, the amount he sells himself it's pretty hard not too, not bashing Slash, fair play he needs to try harder to sell gigs.

Just saying it as I read it. :shrugs: Truth be told, I don't pick up on racist undertones as quickly as other people here seem to. But anyway, he cleared it up.

People know they just dont care. If I dont care and i have pretty good reason to care then id say a lot of people dont. Although a lot of early fans dont care and still go to the shows just to relive it, its just fun to go. Maybe mutter about the old line up. I WAS THERE MAN WHEN SHIT WENT DOWN IN GRENADA!!!