After Guns N Roses....

Guest bellastar2355

So fine is an amazing song! Highly underrated and actually one of my favorites.

Just had to say it.

Each to his/her own but to me it`s a dumb fuck ballad with cheesy and cringeworthy lyrics and lollypop piano

Edited by Son of a Guns

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it didn't even make sense so... :shrugs:

Yet you`re here responding

Yeah You Ain`t the First and So fine are such amazing songs let`s don`t forget Get in the Ring

So you're claiming Axl contributed musically to the rest of the songwriting on that album?

He did n`t ?

He did n`t ?

Lyrics aren't music son.

Anyway it`s a pointless discussion but you`re claiming that Axl only wrote lyrics on UYI albums ?

Did I say that? You're the one that referenced 3 songs on UYI that you feel suffer from the lack of "Axl's musical touch" as if everything else had him contributing musically.

Are you going to just play the back and forth game or just answer the question?

Are you claiming that Axl contributed musically to the rest of that album?

Edited by Rustycage

He did n`t ?

Lyrics aren't music son.

Anyway it`s a pointless discussion but you`re claiming that Axl only wrote lyrics on UYI albums ?

Did I say that? You're the one that referenced 3 songs on UYI that you feel suffer from the lack of "Axl's musical touch" as if everything else had him contributing musically.

Yes he did

No, it didn't even make sense so... :shrugs:

Yet you`re here responding

Responding because your post didn't make sense. :shrugs:

Cool story

He did n`t ?

Lyrics aren't music son.

Yes he did

Coma?

Locomotive?

Other than his ballads, what proof do you have that he wrote the musical portions of the rest?

He did n`t ?

Lyrics aren't music son.

Yes he did

Coma?

Locomotive?

Other than his ballads, what proof do you have that he wrote the musical portions of the rest?

Dead Horse and Shotgun Bkues well the latter sucks but it stil counts Coma and Locomotive are brilliant tunes if we`re talking about quality of Illusions then there are lots of fats on those albums that should have been edited and removed

Cool story

No, cool story no. Read what you said and come back.

OK

Edited by Son of a Guns

2 songs isn't "the rest." There were plenty of songs. You named 3 songs that didn't have Axl's input as if the rest did.

Out of 28 songs, you can only claim(with proof) that Axl contributed musically to 20% of 'em.

Again,

Izzy - 40%

Slash - 32%

Axl - 20%

Duff - 17%

Do you have some other inside source that Axl was the musical Wizard of Oz, or man behind the curtain, in the studio?

Edited by Rustycage

For the love of a lot of threads including this one - can you three (son of a guns, pi2loc and rustycage) just argue endlessly over the PM system?

Why? It's relative to the topic. A comment was made about the Replacements in terms of potential outside of GNR success. Song writing credits for that came up. The issue of the credits to GNR came up in comparison.

What kind of discussion do you expect.

"Dj will be better."

"BBF will be better."

How far is that going?

2 songs isn't "the rest." There were plenty of songs. You named 3 songs that didn't have Axl's input as if the rest did.

Out of 28 songs, you can only claim(with proof) that Axl contributed musically to 20% of 'em.

Again,

Izzy - 40%

Slash - 32%

Axl - 20%

Duff - 17%

Do you have some other inside source that Axl was the musical Wizard of Oz, or man behind the curtain, in the studio?

Inside source ? for god`s sake I`m not MSL Dust`N`Bones, You Ain`t the First, Bad Obession, Double Talkin`Jive, Pretty Tied Up and So Fine are songs from UYIs that Axl had nothing to do with lyrically or muiscally

Again,

Izzy - 40%

Slash - 32%

Axl - 20%

Duff - 17%

Inside source ? for god`s sake I`m not MSL Dust`N`Bones, You Ain`t the First, Bad Obession, Double Talkin`Jive, Pretty Tied Up and So Fine are songs from UYIs that Axl had nothing to do with lyrically or muiscally

That's not the point. Just because Axl is credited for lyrics on other songs, that doesn't mean he wrote the music. You keep drifting further away with your points.

Again,

Izzy - 40%

Slash - 32%

Axl - 20%

Duff - 17%

That's not the point. Just because Axl is credited for lyrics on other songs, that doesn't mean he wrote the music. You keep drifting further away with your points.

OK whatever I`m sick of this poinless discussion bottom line is Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff wrote band`s back catalogue some contributed more than others but as it seems people here have hard time to accept that Axl was big contributor and without him Guns would be half band than they were that`s what pisses me off Peace !!!!!

OK whatever I`m sick of this poinless discussion bottom line is Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff wrote band`s back catalogue some contributed more than others but as it seems people here have hard time to accept that Axl was big contributor and without him Guns would be half band than they were that`s what pisses me off Peace !!!!!

That's all you had to say.

No one said Axl contributing nothing. All that was said is that Axl wasn't as big of a contributor as certain people like to claim. Even towards the end of your post you want to credit Axl with half of the band. Just stating things over and over doesn't make it true. Lies should piss everyone off or we'll just have more nufans wandering around the board posting that same crap.

THEY ALL PLAYED A PART IN THE BAND. Credit should go where it is deserved, to GNR, not Axl. Peace.

And to think some people really believe Axl wrote the majority of the Gn'R music... :rofl-lol:

Duff Mckagan, 2004:

"Axl made it an Axl thing, but it really wasn't," McKagan said. "He never wrote any of the music. That was part of the reason it broke up, because we'd play shows and he'd say, 'Here's a song I wrote about . . .' and it would be a song he had nothing to do with."

Read again.