Hardcore punk

T.wa.T

Anyone ever heard the punk band GBH (grievence bodily harm)? They are from England and formed in the mid 80's. I stumbled upon them recently n cant stop listening to them,especially theiir live shows. First song I heard was Gimme Fire, its fuckin awesome.

So anybody else got a favorite punk band?

Alot of the underground bands from the late70s - mid 80's are awesome. the dead boys, social distortion. Anyone?

Guest Len B'stard

I think hardcore sounded best coming out of America, England was best for the early punk bands, America did hardcore the best and England did the freaky deaky experimental punk like PiL and Magazine etc the best. Gotta love Minor Threat, Black Flag although they ain't really hardcore. The Germs but they ain't really hardcore either i guess.

Bad Brains are about as good as hardcore gets. The Minutemen were immense but umm, again, are they even hardcore? I don't think so. MDC were pretty fuckin' amazing and very much hardcore.

The best punk music was like, gestative punk, the bands that occured between the big established areas. Like for instance the bands coming out of LA post Sex Pistols but pre-Hardcore like the Germs etc were just fantastic, Black Flag also and...y'know, the kind of in-between bands i find are the most rewarding.

New york had aand still does have a great hardcore presence.

I checked out Discharge, definatley badass, thanx for that..

this is the link for the gbh show I was talkin about.Iys not the Whiskey, its in New York, the show keeps getting better as it goes.Good stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuQ80Nfhq2Q

I saw them on that tour, hung out with them backstage...there was a great debate taking place.."who's cooler, Batman or Clint Eastwood". The band was divided, Colin (singer) was for Batman, Jock (guitarist) was for Eastwood..I forget what the other two guys said, but it was funny as hell watching them fight about it.

Also filmed the band on this tour, but we forgot the deck at the end of the night and someone took it. We have an idea who has it, and rumour is he STILL has the tape...would love to see it .