Classic songs you can't fucking stand

sweetness

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

I gotta go with Bohemian Rhapsody, which is odd cuz i used to quite like it as a kid, I guess at that age i was just desperate to hear something with like, rockin' guitars in it. It's a total cliche of a thing but it's funny how like...little of that stuff is actually genuinely out there, growing up in the early 90s there weren't a lot of it in the charts. You had Nirvana or whatever but it didn't make up the majority of what was on the radio or on chart shows so when you heard some you kinda got into it and that pay off bit is great, "so you think you can stomp me and spit in my eye?!?!" that bit :lol:

Trivia: Bismillah means 'in the name of Allah', the bit that goes Bismillah, we will not let you go. Hang onto that for your next pub quiz :D

Anything by the Chili Peppers.

OMG I hate RHCP too! Thought I was the only one! :thumbsup:

My most hated song in the history of the universe is 'Oh What a Night' by Franki Valli. That fucking song gets played at every lame arse party or wedding and once it starts I must immediately extricate myself from the surroundings. My other most hated song is '500 Miles' by The Proclaimers.

Oh yea, all those Eric Clapton songs on classic rock radio "After Midnight" and that "Shot the Sheriff" to name a few, I just got sick of.

Sick of a lot of Zeppelin tunes too.....over and over and over.....I think the levy finally broke on those guys.

Classic Rock radio has got so repetitive I just can't hardly listen to it anymore. Sick of the whole DJs happier than

life crap too, do we really need DJs anymore? Is there anything worse than a woman DJ trying to act happy and cool

on the radio? I think not.......

I agree on I Shot The Sheriff - very boring. smilie_girl_164.gif

Guest Len B'stard

Why all the hate for the Chilli Peppers, i quite like em. They're like, the perfect balance y'know? They've got that horrible bunch of LA crackheads vibe about them, that sort of chauvenist Guns n Roses thing but they offset it with actually being very thoughtful and intelligent and actually not very chauvenist, predudice types at all when they actually speak. Proper like...musicians in love with music, just love em for that, and open minded too, like they'll have a go at anything but what they come out with always sounds uniquely Chili Peppersish, i mean you can see where they get their cues from and that. And Christ have they got some good taste, lovin' their funk and they love The Clash and PiL and all this kinda stuff.

Whiteboys doing funk and rap and stuff but instead of just coming off like a bunch of fuckin' wannabes they just make it their own, it ain't patronising and formulaic like a lot of your rock rap bollocks that became popular in the late 90s, it's original, they have their own stamp and their own like...everything. They've had a couple of seriously mental seriously out there fuckin' musicians in their line ups, Hillel Slovak was a fuckin' champion...and Frusciante, fuck me, you couldn't make Frusciante up, could you? Dimensions and Spirits and communicating through them and he's relaying all this shit to you with this bug eyed Manson family member look in his eyes and a big smile and then like...i just love the way he gushes about music and playing it and how he loves it and how it's this organic thing that he's a conduit for thats totally out of his control, he's mad as a lorryload of monkeys, i love him. And he REALLY fuckin' means it. Right or wrong ain't even the fuckin' thing here so much as he's heart, soul and balls into that fuckin' shit, living the life and doing his thing, he's like a baby Hendrix :) And fuckin', whatshisface, the drummer, i can't remember his fuckin' name now but it's like having the fuckin' tazmanian devil on drums...and Fleas just amazing, just totally fuckin' goes off on one like he's fuckin' hypnotised on stage.

How can you not love Sex Rap? Or Catholic School Girls Rule? A lot of it sounds really haphazard and quite raw but after a while of listening to em you realise thats more to do with their inclinations in terms of how they choose to record or play their music but the structure of the songs and the way the shits put together is beautiful and you realise this when they try and slow shit down. And Keidis is like a mad rapping Iggy for the 90s, in my opinion not in the league of the great man but a clear take off from there with the bare torso and the physique and the long hair and the flinging himself around onstage and the seemingly improvised lyrics that appear to be straddling the line between total nonsense and the deeply profound, the difference being that Iggys lyrics, despite sounding improvised he'll do a verse where like, 5 lines sound cool and have meaning and one is nonsense but Keidis is like...the majority of it ends up sounding nonsense but it almost doesn't matter cuz it sounds cool and if thats enough to make the song work then fuck it, thats enough. Chad, thats the drummers name!

Coolest sounding riff ever!

Edited by sugaraylen

I dislike most classic songs because "classic" tends to be synonymous with "overplayed as fuck".

You're right. And that's pretty much a shame. I mean, I have that with songs like Bohemian Rhapsody, November Rain, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nothing Else Matters, Hotel California etc etc. And I know all of those are amazing songs. But over the years Radio has kind of ruined them. As long as I hear these songs about once or twice a year I think "YES" and "This shit is amazing!". But it's difficult to hear them that little. <_<

I love the Stones, but "Shattered" is probably one of their worst songs (I also love the album its on).

Shattered is just another awesome Stones song.

Can't stand this one...

I would've agreed until I heard this cover:

I dunno, I think I hate the first one more!